UKSaabs

THE site for UK Saab people!
It is currently Mon May 23, 2022 9:13 am

All times are UTC



Forum rules


We tend to get quite a few 'what's it worth?' threads, now we have somewhere to put them!

Those starting a thread on here should do so expecting the answers to vary.
You are likely to get people attempting to grab a bargain (a 5dr 99 Turbo you say? Probably worth about a hundred quid scrap value - I will bring the cash round and take it off your hands).
You will also get optimistic opinions (there is only 9-3 Sport left in the whole world - I would take it off your hands for £1,000,000 right now but my wife would kill me/your too far away/I've got nowhere to put it).
Also be prepared to be offended because you know what you would like for it/what it owes you (why are you posting here) and no one has said its worth that.

You would probably be better off putting an ad in the Classifieds section with a price that you think is about right...if no-one buys it, lower the price. If the car sells within minutes you might have been able to get a bit more but hey, you have got what you wanted!

People replying to requests should be polite, respectful, and honest please. If you cannot do that, please don't post.
No need to say 'stick it on eBay with a good listing, a 99p start and no reserve' because we have just said it right here...
Any posts found to be breaking these simple rules will be removed.

Some of the classic magazines (Classic Cars and Practical Classics for example) have price guides in the back...it is worth having a look in there if you have got a classic SAAB. Or look in the UKS classified archives for previously advertised cars and asking prices.



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2022 12:09 pm 
Offline
Active user

Joined: Tue May 19, 2020 9:15 am
Posts: 98
Location: Wiltshire
Car Models: 93 TTiD 2009 Cabriolet Nocturn
Hi all, shooting from the hip as I’ve no idea of the value. Just thinking ahead and nothing firm yet but my SAAB 93 convertible on a 59 plate, 120k miles. MOT until Dec and some service history. Nocturne blue with good tyres. A couple of marks. Goes well and gets 49mpg. Full leather with a blue roof. Polishes up well but is not mint.

Any thoughts please.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2022 12:56 pm 
Offline
UKS Addict
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2005 6:56 pm
Posts: 2597
Location: Halesowen, West Midlands
Put your reg in one of the "webuyanycar" sites and check figures.
Also autotrader for cars for sale, and finally advanced search on ebay for sold cars like yours.

Sorry not able to give a figure, but you should be able to get something from above.

_________________
2005 9-3 1.8t Convertible
2006 9-5 Aero Auto


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2022 1:36 pm 
Online
Active user

Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2022 6:48 pm
Posts: 92
Location: Leicestershire
Car Models: '06 9-3 Convertible 2.0t Auto (Mine); '95 9000 CD Griffin 3.0 V6 Auto (Wife's)
Penelope pit stop wrote:
Hi all, shooting from the hip as I’ve no idea of the value. Just thinking ahead and nothing firm yet but my SAAB 93 convertible on a 59 plate, 120k miles. MOT until Dec and some service history. Nocturne blue with good tyres. A couple of marks. Goes well and gets 49mpg. Full leather with a blue roof. Polishes up well but is not mint.

Any thoughts please.


A dealer, whom I trust and from whom we have bought two cars, is currently offering the following convertibles, 'Penelope pit stop'. The prices asked, suitably adjusted for a private sale, mileage, etc., may serve as a guide.

2008 1.9TiD Vector Manual with almost 75K for £4,500
2011 1.8t Linear Manual with 56K for £6,995
2009 1.9TiD Linear Manual with 46K for £6,500

From the above figures, adjusted as mentioned, I should think that a 2009 Diesel with 120K offered as a private sale at this time of the year might be worth in the region of £3,000, depending upon the actual specification. When comparing these figures don't forget that the dealer also needs to build his overheads, profit margin, warranty costs, etc., which you don't have, into the screen price.

Regards, John.

_________________
Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana ...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2022 7:15 pm 
Offline
Active user

Joined: Tue May 19, 2020 9:15 am
Posts: 98
Location: Wiltshire
Car Models: 93 TTiD 2009 Cabriolet Nocturn
Thanks everyone for replying. I did WBAC which gave £1900 and motorway gave £1416. Private is the way forward if I choose it’s time to move on.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:47 am 
Offline
UKS Addict
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:26 pm
Posts: 5519
Location: South Oxfordshire
Car Models: 2008 Turbo X Wagon; 2013 VW Shuttle (T5) WAV
WBAC and Motorway send cars on to Auction in an attempt to make profit. As a result, their prices are rock bottom.

I'm not sure which dealer John is referring to, however I do see some cars at a certain Norfolk based dealer for similar money.

For a private sale the price range is £2500 to £4500 depending on condition, in my opinion.

_________________
9-3ss SOC Registrar @BHOSaab

'08 (58) Turbo X
'13 (63) VW T5
VW ID3 in Aug/Sept 2022


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2022 11:02 am 
Online
Active user

Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2022 6:48 pm
Posts: 92
Location: Leicestershire
Car Models: '06 9-3 Convertible 2.0t Auto (Mine); '95 9000 CD Griffin 3.0 V6 Auto (Wife's)
TwyRob wrote:
WBAC and Motorway send cars on to Auction in an attempt to make profit. As a result, their prices are rock bottom.

I'm not sure which dealer John is referring to, however I do see some cars at a certain Norfolk based dealer for similar money.

For a private sale the price range is £2500 to £4500 depending on condition, in my opinion.


They are located in North Derbyshire, not Norfolk, 'TwyRob'. While I do not disagree with your assessment, a car with 120K up would need to be in quite exceptional condition in order to merit a price at the upper end of the range quoted, wouldn't it?

Regards, John.

_________________
Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana ...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2022 10:06 am 
Offline
UKS Addict
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:26 pm
Posts: 5519
Location: South Oxfordshire
Car Models: 2008 Turbo X Wagon; 2013 VW Shuttle (T5) WAV
John Wigley wrote:
TwyRob wrote:
WBAC and Motorway send cars on to Auction in an attempt to make profit. As a result, their prices are rock bottom.

I'm not sure which dealer John is referring to, however I do see some cars at a certain Norfolk based dealer for similar money.

For a private sale the price range is £2500 to £4500 depending on condition, in my opinion.


They are located in North Derbyshire, not Norfolk, 'TwyRob'. While I do not disagree with your assessment, a car with 120K up would need to be in quite exceptional condition in order to merit a price at the upper end of the range quoted, wouldn't it?

Regards, John.
Indeed, it would need to be very good at the top end. However, the used car market is nuts at the moment and prices have shot up across the board so a little more may even be possible in a few months.

_________________
9-3ss SOC Registrar @BHOSaab

'08 (58) Turbo X
'13 (63) VW T5
VW ID3 in Aug/Sept 2022


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:08 pm 
Offline
Active user

Joined: Tue May 19, 2020 9:15 am
Posts: 98
Location: Wiltshire
Car Models: 93 TTiD 2009 Cabriolet Nocturn
In my mind I was thinking £2500-3000.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:58 pm 
Online
Active user

Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2022 6:48 pm
Posts: 92
Location: Leicestershire
Car Models: '06 9-3 Convertible 2.0t Auto (Mine); '95 9000 CD Griffin 3.0 V6 Auto (Wife's)
Penelope pit stop wrote:
In my mind I was thinking £2500-3000.


I would say that is about right, 'Penelope pit stop'. It will probably fly away at your lower figure! :)

If it helps, I paid £2,850 for my '06 auto 2.0t 4.5 years ago with 80K on the clock. However, as 'TwyRob' rightly said "... the used car market is nuts at the moment and prices have shot up across the board so a little more may even be possible in a few months ..." so you may have a pleasant surprise. :)

Regards, John.

_________________
Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana ...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:53 pm 
Offline
UKS Addict

Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:47 pm
Posts: 2580
Yes, used prices have gone crazy. I was thinking of changing my car but the price to change is huge now. Worth noting that if you don't take WBAC up on their offer price they will up the offer. My car went up from £2,200 to £2,450 after a week. Of course they may well lower the offer once they've seen it in person as I've heard this is common too.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 4:31 pm 
Offline
Full Pressure Turbo

Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2006 6:01 pm
Posts: 726
Location: Bracknell
Car Models: 9-3 Aero
My Toyota went to wbac a couple of weeks ago. The price kept going up. The offer price they gave me did change once they saw the car, they adjusted for stone chips and an admin fee. The guy there said they go to auction and they only make a couple of hundred as a profit.

_________________
Now Saabless.
Previous Saabs- '00 9-3 lpt 5dr, '00 9-3 lpt Cabrio
'00 9-3 lpt 3dr, '01 9-3 Aero 3dr.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 5:13 pm 
Offline
Active user

Joined: Tue May 19, 2020 9:15 am
Posts: 98
Location: Wiltshire
Car Models: 93 TTiD 2009 Cabriolet Nocturn
Thanks everyone.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group

follow UKSaabs on Twitter



UKSaabs silhouette logo images by Mark Green www.greenphotos.com
"subsilver2" slightly bodged by UKSaabs for our own use.

:: Disclaimer ::
Comments posted here are the views of their individual authors and are not necessarily shared by the owners of this Web site.
Authors assume all responsibility for comments posted here.

UKSaabs The biggest and best privately owned UK based independent Saab forum for all SAAB enthusiasts.
Whilst we encourage our users to support our advertisers the site wishes to remain independent and therefore does not endorse any particular advertiser(s)
UKSaabs is not affiliated with Saab Cars UK or Saab Automobile AB