UKSaabs

THE site for UK Saab people!
It is currently Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:52 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:00 pm 

Car Models: 9000 2.0 CSE Anni
This is one of the final Saab 9000 CSE Anniversary models, 2.0 LPT. Metallic dark blue, cream leather interior with barely any wear. Headlining, and panels, all looking lovely.

I purchased this little gem from a well known forum member in November 2020 and have completed 1,500 very enjoyable and trouble free miles. The only reason for selling is that, as you will see if you come to view, I (now) have 4 cars and space on the drive for 3. I picked up a 5.0 V8 Merc. CLK 500 (LPG convert - thankfully!) at the weekend, and to the say the Mrs is nonplussed, is something of an understatement.

I will provide a link to the (20 page!) thread Mike produced, detailing the renovation project and try to upload some pics below. Please see here...

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=197851

I've spent around £400 on her (Saabits invoices/receipts available) which isn't bad for six months' driving/use in my book and I am seeking to recoup my investment, afterall, these things don't exactly 'depreciate', as we all know. Quite the opposite from what I have seen on Auto Trader and Classic Car Weekly.

The rear plate is faded so I ordered two fresh plates for her, which are not on yet, my mechanic said show them with the original "Saab Alexander" (dealer) plates, otherwise people may think you've had a front/rear end prang, which makes sense. You can take these away and fit them if you wish.

Also ordered two new fresh boot struts, we all know the weight of the that rear lid on these things! I am still waiting for one to arrive as they only had one in stock, should be here soon and will be fitted. Full service carried out including all bits from, you guessed it, Saabits, inc. spark plug set, oil, fuel, cabin, air filter, plus the good old official oil. This can all be evidenced by invoices and you taking a look, yourself.

The previous owner completed the following:

- New Eibach springs (group buy 2)

- New Bilstein B4 shocks

- New brakes discs and pads all round

- All brake calipers refurbished and painted (red)

- New flexi brake pipes fitted all round

- Rear suspension bushes all renewed, parts from Saabits

- Entire rear axle removed, rust treated and repainted

- New ball Joints

- New Track rod end

- Wishbone rear bushes polybushed

- Front wishbone bush carriers replaced as required, bushes were OK so original

- New HD drop links

- 4 new tyres fitted for the MOT, Avon ZV7 XL, 4,500 miles travelled since fitting

- All water hoses replaced with performance hoses

- Thermostat replaced

- Windscreen replaced (professional replacement with new item), surround repaired to a reasonable standard

- Front bumper and spoiler completely refurbished, all jack nuts replaced, spoiler has been repaired/refurb'd

- Walnut Dash replaced with good used item

- Fuel tank completely removed, cleaned inside and out and refitted with new tank straps and Jubilee clips

- A/C refurbished and repaired, new condenser, new dryer, fan unit removed, cleaned and repaired as necessary (volute panel re-foamed), evaporator replaced with good S/H spare unit, compressor replaced with good S/H item, clutch hub replaced with new item.

- Remote Central locking unit replaced with good used item

- SRS Control Unit replaced with good used item

- Alternator replaced with good used item, voltage regulator replaced as a matter of course

- Heater matrix replaced with good used item

- Headlights refurbished, adjusters replaced

- Aftermarket radio/CDS player fitted (Alpine CDA 9885R)

The interior is in excellent (in my opinion) condition, standard anniversary leather interior in two-tone beige colour

Nice and dry inside. Lovely "mild whoosh" from the turbo. Pulls like a freight trains and drives brilliantly and hence test drives are more than welcome, yes of course, with your insurance (driving other cars) proof, of course. If not, we can go for a whizz around the High Peak in it.

I am offering the car at this price to forum members as I believe that is only right and proper, it will, however be advertised at a higher price elsewhere. Afterall, why wouldn't I try?!

I am based around 7 miles outside Stockport, in the High Peak - New Mills. SK22. I work from home and hence viewings welcomed, pretty much any time, 7 days/week.

Thanks,
Ade.

07477 864 549.

Attachments:
Saab3.jpg
Saab3.jpg [ 267.17 KiB | Viewed 572 times ]
Saab2.jpg
Saab2.jpg [ 143.94 KiB | Viewed 572 times ]
saab1.jpg
saab1.jpg [ 122.31 KiB | Viewed 572 times ]

Last edited by adrianpigottsaab on Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:25 pm 

Dear all,

Please see this renovation/recommissioning project thread by UKS Addict/masonmjs. This should give you a good read over a cup of tea/coffee (or three!)

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=197851

Thanks,
Ade.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:53 pm 

A few more pics, including the interior...

Attachments:
s4.jpg
s4.jpg [ 139.31 KiB | Viewed 553 times ]
s5.jpg
s5.jpg [ 179.96 KiB | Viewed 553 times ]
s7.jpg
s7.jpg [ 98.16 KiB | Viewed 553 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:54 pm 

A few more pics, dash and headlining...

Attachments:
s2.jpg
s2.jpg [ 74.79 KiB | Viewed 553 times ]
s1.jpg
s1.jpg [ 56.81 KiB | Viewed 553 times ]
s3.jpg
s3.jpg [ 132.94 KiB | Viewed 553 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:18 pm 

Admin, please mark as sold/remove.

Thank you.
Ade.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]