UKSaabs

THE site for UK Saab people!
It is currently Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:16 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:29 pm 
Arkwright.

Car Models: 1981 99 Turbo & 1981 C900 T8 + Jaguar XF 250 S/brake & FIAT 500 TwinAir
1984 SAAB 99 GL

Silver with Persian Blue Velour Upholstery.

MOT until 03 Jan 2021 but will be sold with a new MOT if it sells close to the asking price.

True mileage is less than 56,000.

The mileage is currently showing as 141,357 but true mileage is less than 56,000 as the clock speedo/milometer was changed in 2007.
The old clock is showing 44,446 and the replacement was showing 129,874 when it was fitted. I still have the old clock along with a receipt for the replacement. MOT certificates present along with the online history also show the mileage history with the jump from 43k in 2007 to 129k in 2008.

I have owned this 99 for 4 years and have covered around about 500 miles in each of those years.

This is probably ‘’one of’’ the best late 99GL’s remaining on the road and in use.

Bodywork is excellent with solid driveshaft tunnels, no rust showing under the doors or on the underside. There are a few marks and chips evident, but you will probably find worse on a 3-year-old car than you will find on this 36-year-old SAAB. There is one little fingernail sized bubble on the offside front wheel arch just above the wheel arch trim that has not gotten any bigger in 4 years. I have had all of the wheel arch trims off as I replaced them all with new trims and the arches are in excellent condition. Bumpers are all good and are still fitted with the original chrome inserts.

Interior trim is all in excellent condition, carpets are very good with no excess wear, seats are all good. I have changed the driver’s seat back cover during my ownership as the original had some wear on the outside bolster. Door cards are good as is the dash.

The headlining was replaced some years ago and has started to sag in some places but is held up with upholstery twist pins that do not look amiss. The headlining is not torn anywhere.

Mechanically it starts on half choke and idles and warms up as it should. It stops well and drives with no untoward clunks, knocks, or bangs.
The clutch release bearing is a little noisy, but it was checked by Malbrads prior to my ownership and they said it was nothing to worry about.

New Discs & pads less than 3000 miles ago.

The engine bay is clean but not concours clean.

During my ownership it has been serviced yearly no matter how many miles it has done in between.
At the last service as well as Oil & filter and air filter, I changed the spark plugs for NGK platinum plugs, fitted a new distributor cap and new ignition leads.

I have also had the following new parts fitted during my ownership.

New Lesjofors Sports springs.
New Spring seats.
New 4 x SAAB shock absorbers.
New HEL Stainless braided brake hoses both front and rear.
New Custom Powerflow stainless exhaust system with twin tailpipe.
New ClimAir door wind deflectors.
New Mountney steering wheel with SAAB boss kit & horn push.
4 x Goodyear Ultra Grip Tyres.
NOS Front Indicator lenses.
NOS Leather gear knob.
New period looking head unit & 4 x Panasonic speakers (two under dash & two shelf mounted).

The genuine Minilite wheels shown in the photos will not be sold on the car, instead it will be sold on a set of refurbished Ronal Minilites. These are being fitted this week.
The tires will be swapped from the current wheels onto the Ronals as they are all good and were fitted less than 3 years ago. They are a full set of Goodyear Ultra Grips size 185/65/15. Because the tires are being swapped the wheels will of course be all freshly balanced with new valves. It will also have a 5th Ronal alloy as the spare wheel.

There is an A4 ring binder full of history & receipts and I will be including some new and used spares in the sale, including a spare set of the same driving/spot lamps as already fitted.

Price??
Well prices are on the rise and having seen a few 99’s and a 90 sell recently for over £4k with much higher miles and or not in as nice a condition as this one.
My initial asking price is therefore….

£5250

This price or very near offers includes a fresh MOT.

Located in Nettleham near Lincoln.

Viewings are welcome by appointment.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:40 pm 
Arkwright.

Car Models: 1981 99 Turbo & 1981 C900 T8 + Jaguar XF 250 S/brake & FIAT 500 TwinAir
The glass sunroof is a SAAB branded one as fitted by the suppling dealer.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:42 pm 
Arkwright.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:44 pm 
Arkwright.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:29 pm 
Arkwright.

Wheel Arches under the trims are all like this.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:36 pm 
Arkwright.

Deposit Taken - Provisionally Sold!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:40 pm 
Arkwright.

Balance paid and car collected tonight.

So most definitely now sold.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]