UKSaabs

THE site for UK Saab people!
It is currently Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:00 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:19 am 
Light Pressure Turbo

Car Models: 2003 Saab 9-3 1.8t Vector
Sorry admin...
Back up for sale.. due to the bloke spending the money on a dog.....

MOT passed today...
2 “fix as soon as possibles”
number plate light out,
front right upper arb boot split.
Bulb changed, fitting a pair of ARB drop links.
3 advisories
Subframe has rust on it but not weakened (its 16 years old....)
Left front arb link lower joint has play
Exhaust Flexi has minor leak.

Replacing most of my vehicles with one... so I am putting them up for sale...
2004 9-3 Aero Auto, 104700 miles. Mechanically very sound, I had driven it to Surrey and back regularly (170m each way) and performs well, brakes are in great condition and I was going to break the car for those to upgrade the “Lobster” that’s recently returned to me, but that’s not happening. Plenty of tread on tyres, uniroyal and a conti on the front that done less that 5k, rears are a cheaper brand.
It’s got a scuffs and dints here and there, It’s no show winner, a “carpark queen”.
It’s got a few foibles, like stereo etc doesn’t work.. AC was working when parked up, not now, so assume it’s just low on gas..
12 months MOT on it now £500, priced to make a quick sale to someone on here or it’s going on eBay for more...
fast cheap car.. Oh... it’s been noobed previously. (250 bhp/ 370nm)
Pm me or 07501 898181
Delivery possible, for fuel.

Thread in “Your cars” forum.... warts and all..

Last edited by Toomanytoys on Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:47 pm, edited 5 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:04 pm 
Light Pressure Turbo

Car Models: 2003 Saab 9-3 1.8t Vector
Bit more info..
Driver seat has a little wear.. interior is generally good (apart from the usual trim/button flakey finish) not been smoked in.
Not asking silly money. Quite a bit less than it owes me after recommissioning it (needed a spring and tyres for mot+ gave it a full service and has had another oil change since.)
I have 2 other cars I currently use (+ the classic VW’s and motorbike, live up to my forum name!!) both of those will be replaced this week with 1 car.. (And will also be up for sale) so it’s just not needed, think I have done approx 4K in it since last mot.. Don’t see any issues with it going through another MOT..
plenty of life left in it if you need a cheap fun motor that you had to leave in a public carpark every day..
Certainly it would break for more money, but time isn’t my friend any more...

Remembered this. I believe the stereo/sounds don’t work because of a corroded connector on the satnav unit in the boot.. this fault I also believe is responsible for the battery going flat if not used for 2 weeks.. (my thinking is that something in the sounds system is always on even tho not outwardly) the battery is good. I drop the battery earth off if it’s going to be parked up for more than a week..

Auto box works great, flappy paddles on steering wheel, cruise works. Engine starts on the button, doesn’t smoke, pulls really well..

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:18 am 
Active user

Car Models: 900se
Hi could i ask if your 2004 9-3ss is still for sale and where abouts you are in South Lincs as my clutch has just gone on my 98 9-3 I was trying to look up mot history using the your registration as shown SOO4 YBF and it doesn't appear in my search.
Yours
Phil.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:50 am 
Arkwright.

Car Models: 1981 99 Turbo & 1981 C900 T8 + Jaguar XF 250 S/brake & FIAT 500 TwinAir
900sephil wrote:
Hi could i ask if your 2004 9-3ss is still for sale and where abouts you are in South Lincs as my clutch has just gone on my 98 9-3 I was trying to look up mot history using the your registration as shown SOO4 YBF and it doesn't appear in my search.
Yours
Phil.

SO04 YBF is there, probably just an error in inputting the reg into the system, it is O zero not zero, zero or OO :wink:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]