UKSaabs

THE site for UK Saab people!
It is currently Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:33 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:43 pm 
Active user

Car Models: Saab 9-5 Aero
Here is my 2005 Saab 9-5 Aero estate, the fourth I have owned (and possibly the last) that I have reluctantly decided to put up for sale.
This is due in part to the office where I should be working from, remaining closed until at least the start of the New Year.
Therefore my car would spend the best part of the next 4 months, like me, going no where! If it doesn't sell I will keep the car and use it at weekends for localrunning around subject to present restrictions!

I am the fourth careful owner of the car, that I collected from Bournmouth last April. Since then we as a family have completed 26,000 trouble free miles motoring in comfort.
We should have made our annual trip in it to see our friends in France this summer but we all know what happened there!

This is the 2.3 HOT automatic, dual climate control, heated front seats, electric drivers seat, paddles on the steering wheel for semi auto and full leather throughout.
No rips or tears on the leather, which is a tan and dark grey and only slight wear on the drivers bolster as expected of a car of this age. The floor is tan coloured with matching mats front and back. It doesn't look or smell as if the car has ever been smoked in. With it being on a 55 plate it falls into the lower tax bracket and at time of writing costs me £28 a month to tax.

Everything works as expected, air con blows cold, all electrics work and even the rear parking sensors do work (unless it has rained and then they don't!)
No rust on the body seen and very few signs of age on the paintwork, other than the mark on the rear bumper as shown in the photograph.

If I keep the car I would replace the rear boot lid interior handle as it is broken and requires replacing. The gator for the gear shift needs fitting, I've had the part ages but I'm not brave enough to replace it myself! The rear boot lid badge is faded and would look better replaced, I do have one that may fit and it will come with the car.

Plenty of stamps in the service manual, I acquired the car at 91,000 miles and it is now showing 117,800. I have changed the oil, and filters twice (including the pollen filter) since I have owned the car.
New plugs were also fitted at 100,000 miles by me. It's MOT is due next month but shouldn't require much work. It went straight through last year with only a couple of advisories.

2 working remote keys and book pack, I also have a dog guard that would come with the car and a spare DI cassette, that I could include if the negiotiations around listed purchase price were agreeable. I have more photographs if required as I can only upload 3 here.

Happy to answer any questions and my mobile is the best point of contact for me 07866 692027. Thanks for looking.
Regards,

Lee159

Attachments:
saab3.JPG
saab3.JPG [ 45.67 KiB | Viewed 1693 times ]
saab2.JPG
saab2.JPG [ 30.31 KiB | Viewed 1693 times ]
saab1.JPG
saab1.JPG [ 21.2 KiB | Viewed 1693 times ]

Last edited by lee159 on Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:09 pm 
Active user

https://photos.app.goo.gl/A5p6qwBfFfYQwNb17

Link to more photographs...I think...please let me know if this doesn't work!

Thanks,

Lee159

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:17 am 
Active user

Hello,

I didn't realise that the MOT was quite so short.

Therefore would consider offers around £1600 if anyone was interested. Have used the car over the weekend so it would be ready to drive away with a full tank of fuel.

Regards,

Lee159

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:01 pm 

Car Models: Saab 95 Aero Estate
Hi Lee

I am potentially interested in this and thanks for the clear advert, always a help. Have the advisories and minor defects from last MOT been addressed? How does she look underneath as there is a monitor regarding corrosion from 2018 but not 2019?

Thanks

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:55 am 
Active user

Hello,

In all honesty I haven't addressesd any of the advisories from the last MOT as due to lock down I haven't used the car anywhere near as much as normal.

The rear wheel that is mentioned in the last MOT hasn't caused any problems (vibrations or handling issues) and I did get a local price of £40 + vat to straighten it out but due to circumstances that's as far as I got with it.

The front brake pads I was told at the time of the MOT, to have them replaced after the winter and the bad weather. Again due to so little use I haven't had them done but would have got them sorted at MOT time. They are not making a noise as yet that I have noticed.

The 'slight play' in the steering rack was mentioned at the last MOT but it isn't noticeable at the steering wheel. I was told at the time it may not get any worse but just be aware.

Under body of the car, I can't say is any worse than any other Saabs I have owned and certainly better than some other cars I have seen. I don't understand why/how this was mentioned one year but not afterwards.

The car is still road legal and could be just driven away. I understand the MOT is short but there is still time yet for any new owner to get the issues corrected and still have use of the car.

Price is negotiable as mentioned, I've enjoyed driving the car and there aren't many of this mileage and condition left. It would be nice to see it being looked after and enjoyed for some time yet by a new owner.

If the car doesn't sell, I will MOT it myself and keep it on the drive for weekends...subject to any more 'restrictions'!

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Lee

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:25 pm 
Active user

Car is now sold.

Thank you everyone for your interest.

Regards,

Lee159

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]