THE site for UK Saab people!
It is currently Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:01 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2022 8:59 pm 
UKS Addict

Car Models: 2007 9³ Tid vert 2000 9³ noob vert
https://www.haselburymill.co.uk/?fbclid ... hO7kTl-5L8

Hope to see you all there.

The event begins on the Friday afternoon with a Hog roast, licienced bar, and musical entertainment.
Saturday has the usual members and non members car displays, along with some ‘Saab themed” displays around the Tithe barn.
In addition, we hope to have two of the “Saab Performance team” members as our special guests for the weekend (Covid and flights permitting). They are sure to have some incredible tales of their time on the team and how the stunts were set up and performed. This is a treat not to be missed, and a chance to get a photo of you and your car with a “Saab celebrity” just don’t let them have the keys!
We also have a ride out in a vintage bus in the local area during the Saturday afternoon, followed in the evening by a sit down three course meal in the beautiful Tithe barn. Other food will be available from the restaurant, which also has a licensed bar. To round off the evening we will have a guest band playing for our entertainment and pleasure.
Sunday will be a relaxing affair to chat to old friends and new friends alike, concluding with the usual Award Ceremony held adjacent to the barn in the Belvedere.
Booking is available through the club website www.saabclub.co.uk, or on the gate. Meals however will need to be pre-booked via the website using PayPal, or via the booking form filled out and a cheque sent.
There is on site camping throughout the weekend, including toilets and drinking water, with a limited number of electric hook ups (first come first served basis)
In addition, there are plenty of local hotels and guest houses should you prefer.
The south coast is only 45 minutes away, with beautiful beaches including the famous Jurassic coast, and many other local attractions. So why not extend your stay and make a holiday of the event? From Alex Rankin.

Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2022 10:22 pm 
UKS Addict

Car Models: 96Sport/900S Cabrio/9-3SW/Opel GT
I'll be there with at least one Saab - new "toy" arriving soon - you'll just have to wait for all to be revealed! Being "local" has its advantages - my own bed, shower etc - and no hotel bills.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 6:29 pm 
Saab Nut

Car Models: SAAB 96/MGB/Classic Twingo/Niss Figaro
I've just booked Saabfest. Staying overnight on the Thursday night going south in Chester, the Sunday night going north we're overnight in Worcester.
Two nights in a showman's caravan for the Friday and Saturday night at Haselbury Mill.
See you all there..
ps When are we going to have a Saabfest in the north of the UK? (No, Manchester is not the north of the UK, it's somewhere around the middle :D )
How about north Yorkshire, the Newcastle area, Cumbria, or even southern Scotland?

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 11:27 am 
Active user

Car Models: 9 - 3 SS Carlsson
The Troll wrote:
I've just booked Saabfest. Staying overnight on the Thursday night going south in Chester, the Sunday night going north we're overnight in Worcester.
Two nights in a showman's caravan for the Friday and Saturday night at Haselbury Mill.
See you all there..
ps When are we going to have a Saabfest in the north of the UK? (No, Manchester is not the north of the UK, it's somewhere around the middle :D )
How about north Yorkshire, the Newcastle area, Cumbria, or even southern Scotland?

It needs a local group to organise it, find a venue, prepare a budget and submit it to the SOC directors. 2024 is currently free?

I live in Kent and went to the Bury event in 2019 and it took me eight hours to get there, Prescott took me five hours one year. Going to Scotland for a holiday, says 600 miles to Inverness and I bet Nessy does not put in an appearance!

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 11:27 am 
Active user

Car Models: 9 - 3 SS Carlsson
R U up for it?

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 2:09 pm 
Saab Nut

Andie wrote:
The Troll wrote:
See you all there..

It needs a local group to organise it, find a venue, prepare a budget and submit it to the SOC directors. 2024 is currently free?

I live in Kent and went to the Bury event in 2019 and it took me eight hours to get there, Prescott took me five hours one year. Going to Scotland for a holiday, says 600 miles to Inverness and I bet Nessy does not put in an appearance!

Andie
Every Saabfest I've been to has involved a 8 or 900 mile round trip. Prescott Hill, South Wales, Haslebury Mill etc
Bury was obviously not so bad, but then it was for you, since you presumably had to somehow get round, over or under London :D :D :D . Ye Gods, what a thought!!!

The simple, indisputable fact is that the mass of the population of the UK lives south of Brum......
I'm not suggesting it has to be in Scotland, just cos I'm a Sweaty Sock, North Yorkshire, Cumbria or Northumberland would be nice.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:45 am 
UKS Addict

Car Models: '04 9-5 Aero Wagon
1. Can you just turn up for the day on the Saturday?
2. Entry cost if so?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:51 am 
UKS Encyclopædia G-M

Car Models: 2007 9-5 Aero est. 300hp Hirsch. 9-3 2010 9-3 Carlsson
You can just turn up. We have done that on the last two occasions. You won’t get a goody bag though. :)

Everything will be OK in the end. If it's not OK, it's not the end...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 6:02 pm 
UKS Addict

si_j wrote:
1. Can you just turn up for the day on the Saturday?
2. Entry cost if so?

https://www.saabclubmembership.co.uk/in ... ry&path=74

Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:48 am 
UKS Addict

Car Models: 96Sport/900S Cabrio/9-3SW/Opel GT
Getting closer ...... hopefully I'll have a "classic" Saab to take along. The 900 is still at Haynes but should be ready - they've been given a deadline - and I'm still sorting the 96 Sport and waiting on DVLA for its UK registration to be issued.
Booked in for the Hog Roast on Friday evening - social event so will probably turn up in the 9-3 wagon - I know that its lights work, it's reliable and it knows the way home in the dark! Older Saab(s) reserved for Saturday and Sunday. Also booked in for the evening meal on Saturday - it's going to be a long day.

Last edited by heli-saaber on Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:03 am 
UKS Encyclopædia G-M

Next week will be a last minute panic. We are bringing the Carlsson, but SWMBO will be using it to go to a singing gig on Wednesday, up in Nottinghamshire. She’s going up on Tuesday and coming back home on Thursday afternoon. Then we set off for Somerset at lunchtime on Friday. The car may not be clean, let alone polished :(

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 1:04 pm 
Saab Nut

Preparing the old Troll for the long haul south on Thursday, overnight in Chester, should be at Haselbury by early afternoon Friday.
We're two nights in a gypsy caravan at Haselbury.

Heading north again Sunday afternoon, overnight in Worcester, (never been there, so a new place to tick in the book :D ), then home to Fife on Monday. Somewhere around a 900 mile round trip.
I just LOVE a road trip!
Hope the old girl makes it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:48 am 
Site Admin

Car Models: Most of them!
I will be there in the 9-3 'vert. Not washed it yet and the roof is a bit green, but hopefully I will have a chance to do it. Stopping near Bath Thursday night, heading to Folkstone and France Sunday night. By the time I get home it will be well over 2000 mile round trip. In a £700 car. Only a Saab......

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:18 pm 
UKS Addict

Just received this from Alex

Hi,
Just a note to say I have found out today that the A30 to Crewkerne from Yeovil is closed from the 28th to the 31st July at Haselbury Plucknett. Therefore, I suggest traveling to Saabfest via the A303 and turn off signposted Crewkerne in whichever direction you are traveling from. If you do end up traveling from Yeovil, I’m sure diversion signs will be in place
Kind regards Alex Rankin.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:06 pm 
UKS Addict

Hope to see you Nick
open from 3.00pm tomorrow.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:29 pm 
UKS Encyclopædia G-M

I've polished the Carlsson so there's no dirt to hide the scratches. On our way down the M3/A303 after lunch.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2022 11:35 am 
Arkwright.

Car Models: 1981 99 Turbo + 1973 99L 4dr + 1988 900i 8v 2dr
I hope all have a good meet :D

Unfortunately other commitments prevented me from attending :(

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:06 pm 
UKS Addict

Car Models: Saabs
Saabfest 2022, What a weekend! A very relaxed Saabfest with a great atmosphere, which is exactly why we choose to host the event at 'the Mill' The venue was fantastic, great food and drink over the three days, first class hospitality.

The Saab event team consisting of Southwest Saab SOC branch absolutely smashed it all weekend. Too many volunteers to list everyone but Alex Rankin and Isabel Rankin deserve a special mention for all of the work that went in behind the scenes leading up to the event and then making sure everything ran like clockwork with the team onsite.

Tommy Butler and Kayleigh Ann Butler of TR Auto's, the show sponsor also deserve a special thank you for their hard work. Tommy and Bob created fantastic bespoke trophies for the best car competition. Kayleigh did a amazing job organising the Saturday evening meal and seating plan, no small task for 120 people with so many different choices.

Both evenings entertainment went down very well, thank you to Robin M Saab for organising this, Brilliant!

Isabel Rankin’s duck race was a massive success and a high point on Saturday, well done Isabel.

Well done to all the winners of the Sunday best car competition, they are as follows:

Sonett - Rich Carpenter
Two Stroke - Jon Bentley
V4 95/96 - Iain Graham
90/99 - Arthur Civil
99 Turbo - Martin Bennett
Classic 900 - Keith Squire
9000 - Tony Welch
NG 900 - Sian Lamb
0G 9-3 - Terry Powell
9-3 SS - Olly Cox
OG 9-5 - Tony Dawson
NG 9-5 - Stephen Barr
Best in Show Runner Up - Geoff Kershaw - 99T Prototype
Best in Show - Tony Grestock - 1951 92 2T

Finally, Thank you to all of you that attended in the hundreds to the Saab Owners Club National weekend at Haselbury Mill. We really appreciate your support, it wouldn't be a success without you!

Saabfest will be back in 2024, a date to be announced closer to the time, but fear not, next year the Saab Owners Club, Saab Enthusiast Club and UK Saabs Forum will be hosting INTSAAB2023, the international Saab meeting at Gaydon, the British Motor Museum 4-6th August. This is a show that's not to be missed.

Hope to see many of you at our one day event at Hatton Country world, CV35 8XA, Saturday 10th September.

Chris Redmond - Saab Owners Club GB

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:56 pm 
Active user

Car Models: 99 EMS Turbo
Hi Chris

It's great, and right and proper, that you gave praise to the team as part of the SOC Executive Committee, but I'm surprised no SOC members have commented yet!

To get the ball rolling, for me, it was another fabulous weekend at Haslebury Mill. I'd like to give a big thank you to everyone in the South West Saab Group who organised everything so seamlessly. Everyone attending really enjoyed the parade and talks on Saturday and Best Car Competition on Sunday. On this occasion, there were some rare and unusual cars on show which I hadn't expected to see, always a great experience at an annual club event.

But more importantly, after all the interruptions caused by Covid-19, it was a great chance to speak to enthusiasts from across the UK, old and new, about our passion for Saabs and to give positive advice and tips. After all, the Saab Owner's Club is just as much about people as cars.

Looking forward to Intsaab next year. SOC GB gets bigger and better, and long may it continue.

Richard Horner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:22 pm 
UKS Encyclopædia G-M

It was SWMBO's 9-3 Carlsson that went to The Mill this year. She sent her congratulations on the SOC Facebook page earlier. But I enjoyed the weekend as well. It all went smoothly as far as we could see, although I suspect that the organisers were paddling hard under the surface!! :)

We will all meet again in six weeks time at Hatton on 10th September. We are getting an overload of Saab meets this summer, The Saab Museum Festival in June, Kimbolton Country Fayre in July, SaabFest, and we will be taking the Carlsson to IntSaab2022 in Luxembourg next week. Then home in time for Hatton and then the Ace Cafe meet in October.