UKSaabs

THE site for UK Saab people!
It is currently Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:56 am

All times are UTC





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:52 pm
Posts: 23
Car Models: 9-5 Aero TTiD4
Hello again,

Firstly I apologise for asking yet anther question. However my question is as follows.

I’m looking for some advice with my 2011 9-5 NG with regards to connecting my iPod to the Infotainment system.

Earlier today, I was in the car and plugged in the cable in to the USB socket located under the centre arm rest. I started the car, then plugged the other end of the cable in to my iPod.
Nothing happened as no connection was picked up as the iPod never started to charge and no music was played through the Infotainment system.
Is there a correct way to set up the iPod to the infotainment system and is there any settings that have to be changed to allow play back? Also, at the USB connector should there be a light indicator that comes on once the iPod is plugged in?

Thank you in advance for any advice.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:02 pm 
Offline
UKS Addict

Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:31 am
Posts: 6344
Location: Bucks
Car Models: Saab NG 9-5 Aero
Carltonman wrote:
Hello again,

Firstly I apologise for asking yet anther question. However my question is as follows.

I’m looking for some advice with my 2011 9-5 NG with regards to connecting my iPod to the Infotainment system.

Earlier today, I was in the car and plugged in the cable in to the USB socket located under the centre arm rest. I started the car, then plugged the other end of the cable in to my iPod.
Nothing happened as no connection was picked up as the iPod never started to charge and no music was played through the Infotainment system.
Is there a correct way to set up the iPod to the infotainment system and is there any settings that have to be changed to allow play back? Also, at the USB connector should there be a light indicator that comes on once the iPod is plugged in?

Thank you in advance for any advice.

You have been more conservative than I have! All I did was to connect the cable to the USB port and my iPod and switch on, it worked but occasionally the sound drops out although the system thinks the track is still playing, I simply remove and reinsert one end or the other. The first thing I would do is to check that there is a cable connecting the socket to the head unit.

There is no light to indicate a connection but, when I open the door the iPod (actually an iPhone 6) starts charging and there is a chime.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:05 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:52 pm
Posts: 23
Car Models: 9-5 Aero TTiD4
GeoffR wrote:
Carltonman wrote:
Hello again,

Firstly I apologise for asking yet anther question. However my question is as follows.

I’m looking for some advice with my 2011 9-5 NG with regards to connecting my iPod to the Infotainment system.

Earlier today, I was in the car and plugged in the cable in to the USB socket located under the centre arm rest. I started the car, then plugged the other end of the cable in to my iPod.
Nothing happened as no connection was picked up as the iPod never started to charge and no music was played through the Infotainment system.
Is there a correct way to set up the iPod to the infotainment system and is there any settings that have to be changed to allow play back? Also, at the USB connector should there be a light indicator that comes on once the iPod is plugged in?

Thank you in advance for any advice.

You have been more conservative than I have! All I did was to connect the cable to the USB port and my iPod and switch on, it worked but occasionally the sound drops out although the system thinks the track is still playing, I simply remove and reinsert one end or the other. The first thing I would do is to check that there is a cable connecting the socket to the head unit.

There is no light to indicate a connection but, when I open the door the iPod (actually an iPhone 6) starts charging and there is a chime.


Apologies for the delay in replying. I will try again and see if I get any positive results. One other way I did think of connecting was via blue tooth but not sure if this would allow music play back as more set up for a mobile phone.

Again, thank you for the reply. It is greatly appreciated.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:10 am 
Offline
UKS Addict

Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:31 am
Posts: 6344
Location: Bucks
Car Models: Saab NG 9-5 Aero
Carltonman wrote:
GeoffR wrote:
Carltonman wrote:
Hello again,

Firstly I apologise for asking yet anther question. However my question is as follows.

I’m looking for some advice with my 2011 9-5 NG with regards to connecting my iPod to the Infotainment system.

Earlier today, I was in the car and plugged in the cable in to the USB socket located under the centre arm rest. I started the car, then plugged the other end of the cable in to my iPod.
Nothing happened as no connection was picked up as the iPod never started to charge and no music was played through the Infotainment system.
Is there a correct way to set up the iPod to the infotainment system and is there any settings that have to be changed to allow play back? Also, at the USB connector should there be a light indicator that comes on once the iPod is plugged in?

Thank you in advance for any advice.

You have been more conservative than I have! All I did was to connect the cable to the USB port and my iPod and switch on, it worked but occasionally the sound drops out although the system thinks the track is still playing, I simply remove and reinsert one end or the other. The first thing I would do is to check that there is a cable connecting the socket to the head unit.

There is no light to indicate a connection but, when I open the door the iPod (actually an iPhone 6) starts charging and there is a chime.


Apologies for the delay in replying. I will try again and see if I get any positive results. One other way I did think of connecting was via blue tooth but not sure if this would allow music play back as more set up for a mobile phone.

Again, thank you for the reply. It is greatly appreciated.

I don’t think you can Bluetooth stream with the NG 9-5, there is nothing in the documentation to suggest that it can be done and nothing in the menus either.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:58 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:52 pm
Posts: 23
Car Models: 9-5 Aero TTiD4
Ok, thank you. It was just a thought. Have a great day. Best regards.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:40 am 
Offline
UKS Addict

Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:31 am
Posts: 6344
Location: Bucks
Car Models: Saab NG 9-5 Aero
It seem to me that you have a faulty entertainment unit, I would suggest that you look for a replacement or see if your local specialist can update the firmware.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group

follow UKSaabs on Twitter



UKSaabs silhouette logo images by Mark Green www.greenphotos.com
"subsilver2" slightly bodged by UKSaabs for our own use.

:: Disclaimer ::
Comments posted here are the views of their individual authors and are not necessarily shared by the owners of this Web site.
Authors assume all responsibility for comments posted here.

UKSaabs The biggest and best privately owned UK based independent Saab forum for all SAAB enthusiasts.
Whilst we encourage our users to support our advertisers the site wishes to remain independent and therefore does not endorse any particular advertiser(s)
UKSaabs is not affiliated with Saab Cars UK or Saab Automobile AB