UKSaabs

THE site for UK Saab people!
It is currently Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:44 pm

All times are UTC





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:24 pm 
Offline
Barrelling Along
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:13 pm
Posts: 20905
Location: Maidstone
Car Models: 9-5 Aero
planktonette wrote:
I'd be interested in this... I was going to put the 9k on the Maha in Canterbury, but if there's a group day, put my name down! :)

let me know if you end up going to Canterbury and wouldn't mind another Saab tagging along?
The bonus would be that my car's power figure would make anyone else's look much better!

_________________
Rich
Prefers driving over polishing or reading.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:27 pm 
Offline
Active user

Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:34 pm
Posts: 39
Location: Orpington, Kent
Car Models: 1996 9000 Griffin
McVities wrote:
planktonette wrote:
I'd be interested in this... I was going to put the 9k on the Maha in Canterbury, but if there's a group day, put my name down! :)

let me know if you end up going to Canterbury and wouldn't mind another Saab tagging along?
The bonus would be that my car's power figure would make anyone else's look much better!

You're on. Just waiting on the boost gauge and hard drive and whatnot arriving, then as soon as that's done I shall be headed to KAP for a bit of test n tune. :)
I'm sure we can sort out that power figure for you... :twisted:

_________________
Amy
96 9k 2.3 Griffin
87 Chevy Camaro with MS2 Management
97 Chevy Tahoe 5.7 in a state of disrepair


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:11 am 
Offline
Barrelling Along
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:13 pm
Posts: 20905
Location: Maidstone
Car Models: 9-5 Aero
planktonette wrote:
You're on. Just waiting on the boost gauge and hard drive and whatnot arriving, then as soon as that's done I shall be headed to KAP for a bit of test n tune. :)
I'm sure we can sort out that power figure for you... :twisted:

Excellent :D
You'll have a hard time doing much to increase the power on mine - there's no turbo ;)

_________________
Rich
Prefers driving over polishing or reading.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:06 pm 
Offline
Active user

Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:34 pm
Posts: 39
Location: Orpington, Kent
Car Models: 1996 9000 Griffin
McVities wrote:
planktonette wrote:
You're on. Just waiting on the boost gauge and hard drive and whatnot arriving, then as soon as that's done I shall be headed to KAP for a bit of test n tune. :)
I'm sure we can sort out that power figure for you... :twisted:

Excellent :D
You'll have a hard time doing much to increase the power on mine - there's no turbo yet ;)

Fixed that for you. Hanging around me gets either turbos or v8s fitted to your car, generally speaking. :corn:

_________________
Amy
96 9k 2.3 Griffin
87 Chevy Camaro with MS2 Management
97 Chevy Tahoe 5.7 in a state of disrepair


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:44 pm 
Offline
Barrelling Along
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:13 pm
Posts: 20905
Location: Maidstone
Car Models: 9-5 Aero
planktonette wrote:
McVities wrote:
Excellent
You'll have a hard time doing much to increase the power on mine - there's no turbo yet ;)

Fixed that for you. Hanging around me gets either turbos or v8s fitted to your car, generally speaking. :corn:

:lol: :lol:
It's funny you should mention that, I have a 2.3 turbo lump in the garage (although I suspect the headgasket is dubious, and turbo needs a rebuild). I am undecided as to whether I fit the turbo lump, or go with 2.0i pistons on the 2.3 crank & rods to give a 2.3 n/a with a CR of approx 11.5:1. I think we can have a chinwag about all this sometime soon........although you sound like a bad influence, so we'll probably cook up a v8 project like the Valmet built 9000 with the b404 :park:

_________________
Rich
Prefers driving over polishing or reading.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:11 pm 
Offline
Active user

Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:34 pm
Posts: 39
Location: Orpington, Kent
Car Models: 1996 9000 Griffin
McVities wrote:
It's funny you should mention that, I have a 2.3 turbo lump in the garage (although I suspect the headgasket is dubious, and turbo needs a rebuild). I am undecided as to whether I fit the turbo lump, or go with 2.0i pistons on the 2.3 crank & rods to give a 2.3 n/a with a CR of approx 11.5:1. I think we can have a chinwag about all this sometime soon........although you sound like a bad influence, so we'll probably cook up a v8 project like the Valmet built 9000 with the b404 :park:

Hmmmmmmmm! :twisted: Well, if we put a V8 in it... it'll need a rear wheel drive conversion.
I'd say rebuild that 2.3, maybe with forged pistons, put a bigger turbo on, run stupid boost and get 500 un-drivable horsepower, but that's just me :P
I'm trying to find a new workshop right now to be able to finish some of my projects as my days of working in the pouring rain and pretending to enjoy it are long past - my current one is totally inaccessible due to a container being put in the way so it only gets used as a machine shop :( - if I find one sooner rather than later, you have an open invite to come make your car stupid fast. :lol:

_________________
Amy
96 9k 2.3 Griffin
87 Chevy Camaro with MS2 Management
97 Chevy Tahoe 5.7 in a state of disrepair


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group

follow UKSaabs on Twitter



UKSaabs silhouette logo images by Mark Green www.greenphotos.com
"subsilver2" slightly bodged by UKSaabs for our own use.

:: Disclaimer ::
Comments posted here are the views of their individual authors and are not necessarily shared by the owners of this Web site.
Authors assume all responsibility for comments posted here.

UKSaabs The biggest and best privately owned UK based independent Saab forum for all SAAB enthusiasts.
Whilst we encourage our users to support our advertisers the site wishes to remain independent and therefore does not endorse any particular advertiser(s)
UKSaabs is not affiliated with Saab Cars UK or Saab Automobile AB