UKSaabs

THE site for UK Saab people!
It is currently Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:44 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:24 pm 
Barrelling Along

Car Models: 9-5 Aero
planktonette wrote:
I'd be interested in this... I was going to put the 9k on the Maha in Canterbury, but if there's a group day, put my name down! :)

let me know if you end up going to Canterbury and wouldn't mind another Saab tagging along?
The bonus would be that my car's power figure would make anyone else's look much better!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:27 pm 
Active user

Car Models: 1996 9000 Griffin
McVities wrote:
planktonette wrote:
I'd be interested in this... I was going to put the 9k on the Maha in Canterbury, but if there's a group day, put my name down! :)

let me know if you end up going to Canterbury and wouldn't mind another Saab tagging along?
The bonus would be that my car's power figure would make anyone else's look much better!

You're on. Just waiting on the boost gauge and hard drive and whatnot arriving, then as soon as that's done I shall be headed to KAP for a bit of test n tune. :)
I'm sure we can sort out that power figure for you... :twisted:

97 Chevy Tahoe 5.7 in a state of disrepair

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:11 am 
Barrelling Along

planktonette wrote:
You're on. Just waiting on the boost gauge and hard drive and whatnot arriving, then as soon as that's done I shall be headed to KAP for a bit of test n tune. :)

Excellent :D
You'll have a hard time doing much to increase the power on mine - there's no turbo ;)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:06 pm 
Active user

McVities wrote:
planktonette wrote:

Excellent :D
You'll have a hard time doing much to increase the power on mine - there's no turbo yet ;)

Fixed that for you. Hanging around me gets either turbos or v8s fitted to your car, generally speaking. :corn:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:44 pm 
Barrelling Along

planktonette wrote:
McVities wrote:
Excellent
You'll have a hard time doing much to increase the power on mine - there's no turbo yet ;)

Fixed that for you. Hanging around me gets either turbos or v8s fitted to your car, generally speaking. :corn:

:lol: :lol:
It's funny you should mention that, I have a 2.3 turbo lump in the garage (although I suspect the headgasket is dubious, and turbo needs a rebuild). I am undecided as to whether I fit the turbo lump, or go with 2.0i pistons on the 2.3 crank & rods to give a 2.3 n/a with a CR of approx 11.5:1. I think we can have a chinwag about all this sometime soon........although you sound like a bad influence, so we'll probably cook up a v8 project like the Valmet built 9000 with the b404 :park:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:11 pm 
Active user

McVities wrote:
It's funny you should mention that, I have a 2.3 turbo lump in the garage (although I suspect the headgasket is dubious, and turbo needs a rebuild). I am undecided as to whether I fit the turbo lump, or go with 2.0i pistons on the 2.3 crank & rods to give a 2.3 n/a with a CR of approx 11.5:1. I think we can have a chinwag about all this sometime soon........although you sound like a bad influence, so we'll probably cook up a v8 project like the Valmet built 9000 with the b404 :park:

Hmmmmmmmm! :twisted: Well, if we put a V8 in it... it'll need a rear wheel drive conversion.
I'd say rebuild that 2.3, maybe with forged pistons, put a bigger turbo on, run stupid boost and get 500 un-drivable horsepower, but that's just me :P
I'm trying to find a new workshop right now to be able to finish some of my projects as my days of working in the pouring rain and pretending to enjoy it are long past - my current one is totally inaccessible due to a container being put in the way so it only gets used as a machine shop :( - if I find one sooner rather than later, you have an open invite to come make your car stupid fast. :lol: