UKSaabs

THE site for UK Saab people!
It is currently Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:40 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

The place for you to start a thread about and show us your car.

(Please stick to one thread, rather than starting several threads for the same vehicle).

Your Cars is the place for telling us about your new cars, minor upgrades and mini projects.
Full on restorations & major rebuilds should be posted in Restorations & Major Projects.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:51 am 
Light Pressure Turbo

Car Models: Some C900s
Good to see progress is being made, she’ll look fantastic when all this is done; such fantastic cars, and yes echoing anjum- pictures, before and after would be great!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:09 am 
UKS Addict

Car Models: 96TT/900S Cabrio/9-3SW Aero/Opel GT
The team at Haynes workshops (Brad the manager and Dan the body-shop guy) told me that they take photos throughout the process - original, strip, work-in-progress and final finish) so there should be a good history to keep (and show). The Museum is closed (again) at the moment, like many places, and I didn't take any photos when I went there with my grandson at half-term but I have a pass valid for a year and, as soon as it's open again, I'll wander round and take some photos. I keep badgering them to acquire and display a red 96 stroker in Erik Carlsson / Saab factory team Monte Carlo/RAC rally livery - in the "red cars" collection - but have been ignored for the past 25 years or so! I won't give up!
PS: they've done a superb job on Tommy's dad's 900 cabrio - refinished in Talladega Red - very shiny.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:19 pm 
UKS Addict

Large-ish box of c900 parts arrived from Saabits today; mostly "Aero" bodykit trim fixings plus a new coil and ignition leads. Must get the EPC working so that I can let Haynes know where everything goes!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:03 am 
UKS Addict

Brand new driver's door (in black primer) on its way down from Yorkshire to Haynes - thanks to Steve at Malbrad - so it's all coming together. Haynes are now working on a date to start (they're very busy with other customers' cars and were waiting for me/us to get all the bits together). Steve's also sending the door's trim parts, rubber components etc, separately. Would be nice to have it back before Swedish Day in May. The Italian Job 2021 has been postponed until 2023 so it looks as though its first long trip will be to Trollhattan in 2022, in company with a bunch of other Saab folks and their cars. Something to look forward to!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:54 pm 
UKS Addict

Well, it's STILL awaiting its turn in the body shop! Paid a visit a couple of weeks ago to deliver the body kit fixings supplied by Saabits and found it looking a bit sad (has obviously been sitting outside) with a very faded bonnet (which is being replaced anyway). They promised me that it's "next in line" - whatever that means - as they've been catching up on the number of cars that were booked in before it. They've taken on an additional bodyshop guy - saw some of his work on a Jag XJ - excellent quality so hoping that mine gets the care and attention it deserves. Once they start work, they promise to send regular updates and photos - it'll be good to see that it's being progressed.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:38 pm 
UKS Addict

Had a call yesterday from the workshop manager - it's now in the body shop being repaired with the new bits I sourced. Turns out that the front wing is actually repairable, so the new one won't be needed - many hours' work saved - and will be up for grabs once the project is complete. Invited to visit at any time to inspect the work and chat about stuff in general. Fingers crossed that the end is almost in sight .....

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2021 6:27 pm 
UKS Addict

It's coming along - lots of bodywork completed, including some very neat welding in places I'd never have found - and nearly ready for primer. Then into the paint booth .......

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:03 am 
Light Pressure Turbo

Car Models: Some C900s
Exciting times! Can’t wait to see pictures

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:30 am 
UKS Addict

Haynes guys have promised to take photos but I haven't seen any yet!
Edit - Sunday 25th: they sent me a couple of it in the paint booth, in primer, which I posted on the FB 900 page. I've been told that it's now had 2 coats of Imola Red and will shortly be undergoing rebuild. Still trying to source ACC bits for it - compressor is obsolescent - so it can all be put back together at the same time, serviced, MoT'd and ready to go.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 2:10 pm 
UKS Addict

Now being rebuilt - refinish complete and all polished - looks very good. Still looking for some parts that (I think) were sent to them by a couple of suppliers but have "gone missing", maybe stowed away somewhere by the previous Restoration Manager. Very frustrating for them as they need to move on to the next car in line. Just hope they don't push it outside and leave it uncovered. Wheels have been diamond cut and re-lacquered and the leather seats have also been refurbished. Still looking for replacement ACC components - the compressor is away being reconditioned but the condenser, drier and hoses are proving difficult to find.
No photos yet - waiting until it's rebuilt.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:14 pm 
Full Pressure Turbo

Skandix list AC condenser, dryer and most of the hoses

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 3:03 pm 
UKS Addict

Thanks, I'll have a look. They can be pricey!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:19 pm 
UKSaabs Trader

You have a PM, David :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:15 am 
UKS Addict

Responded today, thanks Bill.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:47 am 
UKS Addict

99 Pete wrote:
Skandix list AC condenser, dryer and most of the hoses

The whole kit - hoses and all plus the little bits - is being supplied by SAABits. Excellent service, as always, from Bill and his team.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:06 am 
UKS Addict

Just waiting on a few trim pieces to finish off the resto - on order but not holding my breath! Car's looking good; unlikely that I'll make any shows in it this year but I've got a ticket for Haynes' November "first Sunday" event.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:43 pm 
UKS Addict

STILL waiting on trim pieces - the 2 pieces that go on the A-pillars above the doors and the foam trim for the top of the driver's door. Not having much luck sourcing these parts - any ideas? AC compressor still not received back from refurbishment but have chased the supplier - several weeks longer than originally quoted.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:35 am 
UKS Addict

Apparently, it's nearly done - still waiting for some trim pieces and a new light lens. Then it'll be serviced, road tested and MoT'd ready for me to collect ........

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:24 pm 
UKS Addict

Haven't seen it recently. Missed an opportunity last Sunday as I was a bit late getting there (in the Opel GT) - workshop manager passed me on his way out! Maybe next week when I go to the walk-in 3rd-Covid-jab session - it's the nearest one to me, otherwise I'd have to drive nearly 80 miles on a round trip.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:34 pm 
UKS Addict

Saw it last week when I went for my Covid booster. Looks good, took some photos (but haven't worked out how to transfer them!). Still waiting for some trim bits from Sweden - the door-top rubber trims seem to be unavailable - as well as the A-pillar trims. At least it's going to be serviced and MoT'd before they arrive (this week, maybe even today!) so I might get it back sometime in early December (will need to get its VED renewed as it's on SORN at present). May have to get a new cover for it, although it will probably need to go into the garage so that the paint can harden & not be damaged by a cover - the Opel GT will need the new outdoor cover as I'm a bit "short" on garaging (maybe need to find a friendly neighbour with a spare garage space .....).