UKSaabs

THE site for UK Saab people!
It is currently Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:52 pm

All times are UTC





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:03 pm 
Offline
UKS Addict
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:26 pm
Posts: 5222
Location: South Oxfordshire
Car Models: 2009 Turbo X Wagon; 1971 VW Beetle 1300; 2013 VW Shuttle (T5) WAV
If there people would like to use it I have created a start of a map here:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/drive?sta ... 6203%22%7D

Not sure if I have made any errors or if Google is just too unpopular though. Let me know if I need to change anything or tear it down!

_________________
9-3ss SOC Registrar @BHOSaab

2009 (58) Turbo X
1971 (K) VW Beetle 1300
2013(63) VW T5


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:26 pm 
Offline
Saab Nut
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 07, 2012 6:41 pm
Posts: 1858
Location: somerset
Car Models: 2007 9³ Tid vert 2000 9³ noob vert
Rob its a great idea but I can't get my name on my location,
also I could delete all the information if I wanted to.

_________________
Pete

Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:34 pm 
Offline
Shotgun
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:51 pm
Posts: 14233
Location: 'Ull
Car Models: 9-5 Aero Auto Est Stg 1 Noobed
Well I've managed to add myself.

As for the ability to delete the info held, maybe there is a way to prevent it?

_________________
Min bil läcker inte,

den bara markerar sitt territorium


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:40 pm 
Offline
Shotgun
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:51 pm
Posts: 14233
Location: 'Ull
Car Models: 9-5 Aero Auto Est Stg 1 Noobed
databar wrote:
Rob its a great idea but I can't get my name on my location,
also I could delete all the information if I wanted to.


The fact I have been able to edit your entry to add your ID is a concern, but at least you're showing as you should now :lol:

You need to click the pencil to edit your entry. However, as this demonstrates, others can also edit your entry?

_________________
Min bil läcker inte,

den bara markerar sitt territorium


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:46 pm 
Offline
Saab Nut
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 07, 2012 6:41 pm
Posts: 1858
Location: somerset
Car Models: 2007 9³ Tid vert 2000 9³ noob vert
Yep, I have (opps) deleted my self twice and another account.
Shalien for some strange reason I couldn't edit my own name, but could do what I liked to others.

_________________
Pete

Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:47 pm 
Offline
Saab Nut
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 07, 2012 6:41 pm
Posts: 1858
Location: somerset
Car Models: 2007 9³ Tid vert 2000 9³ noob vert
I have pm'd Rob on it showing his email address.

_________________
Pete

Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:01 am 
Offline
UKS Addict
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:26 pm
Posts: 5222
Location: South Oxfordshire
Car Models: 2009 Turbo X Wagon; 1971 VW Beetle 1300; 2013 VW Shuttle (T5) WAV
Hi,

The email address is not an issue for me. It's not my main one and Google needs one to operate. My name etc isn't really a secret, I put full details in the SOC mag every two months!

As for the editing quirks, it's designed as a collaborative tool for all involved to have equal editing facilities. Even if it's by invitation the functions are the same.

It was just a test to see if fit for purpose. What do we think?

I won't be offended if it isn't what we need!

:)

_________________
9-3ss SOC Registrar @BHOSaab

2009 (58) Turbo X
1971 (K) VW Beetle 1300
2013(63) VW T5


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:02 am 
Offline
Shotgun
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:51 pm
Posts: 14233
Location: 'Ull
Car Models: 9-5 Aero Auto Est Stg 1 Noobed
databar wrote:
I have pm'd Rob on it showing his email address.


I see you've managed to delete Rob? (Unless he did that himself?) :lol:

I can't say I've seen his email address anywhere?

_________________
Min bil läcker inte,

den bara markerar sitt territorium


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:04 am 
Offline
UKS Addict
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:26 pm
Posts: 5222
Location: South Oxfordshire
Car Models: 2009 Turbo X Wagon; 1971 VW Beetle 1300; 2013 VW Shuttle (T5) WAV
Shalien wrote:
databar wrote:
I have pm'd Rob on it showing his email address.


I see you've managed to delete Rob? (Unless he did that himself?) :lol:

I can't say I've seen his email address anywhere?
Yep, I am deleted as is my test location!

I'll delete the map I think, not quite what we need!

Agreed?

_________________
9-3ss SOC Registrar @BHOSaab

2009 (58) Turbo X
1971 (K) VW Beetle 1300
2013(63) VW T5


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:10 am 
Offline
Shotgun
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:51 pm
Posts: 14233
Location: 'Ull
Car Models: 9-5 Aero Auto Est Stg 1 Noobed
TwyRob wrote:
Hi,

The email address is not an issue for me. It's not my main one and Google needs one to operate. My name etc isn't really a secret, I put full details in the SOC mag every two months!

As for the editing quirks, it's designed as a collaborative tool for all involved to have equal editing facilities. Even if it's by invitation the functions are the same.

It was just a test to see if fit for purpose. What do we think?

I won't be offended if it isn't what we need!

:)


Initial thoughts, at least being Google it should remain a free service? As for the "collaborative" aspect, it's fine providing it's not abused by others thinking they're clever by editing someone's "pin"?

I did check the same tool earlier, but discounted it due to the above. But, it does seem like the only source available without quite a cost now?

_________________
Min bil läcker inte,

den bara markerar sitt territorium


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:13 am 
Offline
UKS Addict
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:26 pm
Posts: 5222
Location: South Oxfordshire
Car Models: 2009 Turbo X Wagon; 1971 VW Beetle 1300; 2013 VW Shuttle (T5) WAV
Shalien wrote:
TwyRob wrote:
Hi,

The email address is not an issue for me. It's not my main one and Google needs one to operate. My name etc isn't really a secret, I put full details in the SOC mag every two months!

As for the editing quirks, it's designed as a collaborative tool for all involved to have equal editing facilities. Even if it's by invitation the functions are the same.

It was just a test to see if fit for purpose. What do we think?

I won't be offended if it isn't what we need!

:)


Initial thoughts, at least being Google it should remain a free service? As for the "collaborative" aspect, it's fine providing it's not abused by others thinking they're clever by editing someone's "pin"?

I did check the same tool earlier, but discounted it due to the above. But, it does seem like the only source available without quite a cost now?
OK, I'll leave it running for now and we can see if it works. I'm also drawing a blank in terms of a free alternative sadly.

_________________
9-3ss SOC Registrar @BHOSaab

2009 (58) Turbo X
1971 (K) VW Beetle 1300
2013(63) VW T5


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:14 am 
Offline
Shotgun
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:51 pm
Posts: 14233
Location: 'Ull
Car Models: 9-5 Aero Auto Est Stg 1 Noobed
databar wrote:
I have pm'd Rob on it showing his email address.


BTW, you were showing your actual location (or purported location, road name etc.. ?), so I've removed that for you :wink:

_________________
Min bil läcker inte,

den bara markerar sitt territorium


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:38 am 
Offline
UKS Addict
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:19 pm
Posts: 4670
Location: Apache country
Car Models: 9-5 2.3T Wagon, 2.0t vert,+Noob
Added meself. I think this needs to be more widely advertised, though some might say it is a bit of a security problem unless it could be locked out to non-members.

_________________
Why do I have to fix the tools before I can do the jobs?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:44 pm
Posts: 12
Car Models: 9-3 2.0T convertible 150bhp
Added myself also, if I start seeing Saab’s driving past my house all the time now I’ll know this forum is full of creepers haha


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:17 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:22 am
Posts: 5
Location: Bishop Auckland UK
Car Models: 2007 9-3 aero
Marker added.
I've only marked the road that passes the front of my place, and deliberately avoided putting the marker too near my actual house.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:32 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:23 am
Posts: 6
Car Models: 93 Convertible 1.9TiD
seems to be frozen...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:55 pm 
Offline
Saab Nut
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:28 pm
Posts: 1370
Location: East Fife.
Car Models: SAAB 96/MGB/Classic Twingo/Niss Figaro
Seems to be gone.....


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:14 am 
Offline
UKS Addict
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:26 pm
Posts: 5222
Location: South Oxfordshire
Car Models: 2009 Turbo X Wagon; 1971 VW Beetle 1300; 2013 VW Shuttle (T5) WAV
Still working for me.

I've added a test location between Peterborough and Grantham. Can we all see it?

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid= ... My8P-GQ8DN

_________________
9-3ss SOC Registrar @BHOSaab

2009 (58) Turbo X
1971 (K) VW Beetle 1300
2013(63) VW T5


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:04 am 
Offline
UKS Encyclopædia G-M
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2004 9:39 am
Posts: 42462
Location: SW Herts
Car Models: 2007 9-5 Aero est. 300hp Hirsch. 9-3 2010 9-3 Carlsson
I can see it.

_________________
.
.
.
.
Everything will be OK in the end. If it's not OK, it's not the end...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:36 am 
Offline
Active user
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:09 pm
Posts: 247
Location: Marlow, Bucks
Car Models: 9-5 2.3 HOT auto noobed
Added myself!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group

follow UKSaabs on Twitter



UKSaabs silhouette logo images by Mark Green www.greenphotos.com
"subsilver2" slightly bodged by UKSaabs for our own use.

:: Disclaimer ::
Comments posted here are the views of their individual authors and are not necessarily shared by the owners of this Web site.
Authors assume all responsibility for comments posted here.

UKSaabs The biggest and best privately owned UK based independent Saab forum for all SAAB enthusiasts.
Whilst we encourage our users to support our advertisers the site wishes to remain independent and therefore does not endorse any particular advertiser(s)
UKSaabs is not affiliated with Saab Cars UK or Saab Automobile AB