UKSaabs

THE site for UK Saab people!
It is currently Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:45 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:25 am 

Car Models: 2001 9-5 Aero HOT
Hello folks. I'm looking at fitting a stainless system on my 2001 9-5 Aero HOT but not sure which one to go for.
I've had the loud, drony exhausts in the past and they're no fun on the motorway but I would also like something that has a bit of grunt when you pin it, wondering what sorta systems you guys are running.
I already have the 3" downpipe & bigger intercooler at the moment.

Cheers folks!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 4:10 pm 
UKS Addict

Car Models: 2006 9-3 Convertible; 2008 Turbo X Wagon; 2013 VW Shuttle (T5) WAV
I don't have a 9-5 but on my 2.0 9-3ss Aeros (both of them) I had a Jetex cat back system. That was very nice sounding, with crackles on the overrun at times, although I didn't quite get the fit right on my 2007 car when transferring it over (it always stuck out too far).

On my 2.8 9-3 Turbo X I have had a custom stainless partial system made from the "rumble box" back. This removed the rumble box for a Y piece and means that the system has only got 2 new rearmost silencers. That one is loud enough to set off car alarms if people have left their window open a crack in the heat and burbles very nicely. However, on the road it doesn't drone too much and it sounds great if you open it up. The fabricator was Fast Fit Service Centre in Basingstoke. They offer Longlife work via franchise but are actually a business in their own right and well regarded for exhaust work. The FastFit name is a bit misleading as that is just part of their work!

I have therefore determined that Jetex systems are to my taste and that research before selecting a custom stainless system is important.

https://www.partsforsaabs.com/index.php ... 1222d2c2f0

'13 (63) VW T5

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:35 pm 
Barrelling Along

Car Models: 9-5 Aero
I have a bit of a mish-mash on mine.

An unknown make stainless 3" downpipe with sports cat.
An unknown make baffled stainless 3" back box. Took minor fettling of the rear bumper to fit - with a standard centre section between the DP and rear box it was as quiet as OEM.

I had a straight through 3" centre section made up by Powerspeed exhausts in Ashford and this was much better. No drone (thanks to the back box) but a sporty note and volume.
Fine for 3 years until this year's MOT tester decided it was too loud. Fitted a Simons/Jetex straight through clamp on stainless silencer. It's now quiet again, but does liven up a little at full chat.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:17 am 

Car Models: 2001 9-5 Aero HOT
I do hear quite a lot of good stuff about the Jetex exhausts, reckon I'll look into it. Cheers folks!