UKSaabs

THE site for UK Saab people!
It is currently Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:52 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:45 am 

Car Models: Saab 2.8
Day off & not much to do, decided I wanted to find out actually how much power the car is making & see about a custom remap. Car was previously maptun stage 2 map with 3 inch down/mid pipe, silly air filter and evo 8 intercooler. It’s a decent map & improved power a bit, but still felt slightly lack luster & I could only use quoted figures when asked about power, no actual proof and that just isn’t good enough.

I am fortunate enough to live quite close to RS tuning in Leeds, heard good things about his work on Vauxhall & especially Renaults, gave him a call in the morning and was kind enough to slot me in that afternoon, result.

Unfortunately, didn’t get a run with the maptun map on, so just standard map loaded on to the car which quoted as near as you can get to the actual standard power which I’m happy with. Then comes the fun map, 312hp & 371ft lb. That is something I can absolutely live with.

Bit of testing on the way home for scientific purposes, definitely an increase in power, just feels to pull a lot stronger now that it did previously which is nice. Long term plans are to get a new clutch and Aura tuning or Nordic to sort a map out, but for now, I’m extremely satisfied with the one done by RS tuning, he mentioned it was running lean on the maptun one too so I can justify this as a benefit. I’d not hesitate to recommend him to anyone.

The key thing I’m able to take away from this, I can now bore people to death with my actual graph, rather than relying upon manufactures quoted figures. Just have to wait for the pubs to open for the chance.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:25 pm 
Full Pressure Turbo

Car Models: 2006 93 Aero V6
Nice! Always good to see some results as well

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:43 pm 
UKS Addict

Car Models: 9-3 2.8 V6 Saloon and Vert!
Looks decent.
My old 2.8 came with as RS map that I took off as the torque came in far too early and high (about 550nm iirc) and slipped the clutch. It tailed off early like a big diesel.

The one you have has a lower torque about 505nm and seems to have a fairly good curve.

Shame you couldn’t get a dyno run on the Maptun map to see the differences, my Maptun stage 3 made the same torque but tailed off a little earlier that your RS one, also came in at 302 bhp.

Anyway, good news