UKSaabs

THE site for UK Saab people!
It is currently Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:57 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Advert titles must follow the format: Year - Model - Location - Price. eg. "1999 9-3 SE, Glasgow, £800"

**All posts in this section require individual moderator approval (which they will only get it if they are in line the rules of the forum). Please be patient and allow time for this to happen, and avoid duplicate postings.**

In an effort to reduce the size of the big orange box, full listing of rules for this section have been stickied HERE. If we notice a marked drop off in compliance with the rules the orange box will be restored.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:46 pm 
Saab Nut

Car Models: 9-5 9-3SSx2 Sonett T16S 9000
2009 9-3 Vector Sport 1.8t Convertible
Electric Blue Metallic
Rocky Black interior and black hood. No rips or tears on either and very limited signs of use.
69,800 miles
5 speed gearbox - 206g/km £340 per annum tax
Stage 1 Noobtune
ACC fully working, including AC (new condenser and dryer fitted 2 years ago)
4 owners, including ourselves.
Original ALU50 wheels, no serious kerb rash, although one would benefit from a repaint. Two Avon ZV5's with about 6mm and two Conti Sport Contacts with about 3mm.

I also have a set of ALU59's which I could be persuaded to part with which have good tyres (all over 5mm), two Kumho, one Goodyear and a Falken. These do want a refurb but look fabulous on the car (one picture with them on).

All the usual refinements, which you can see from the photos. Sadly the auto-dimming exterior mirrors have gone the way of all others, so have been replaced with heated plain glass.

It will be advertised elsewhere so please mention UKS when you contact me.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/9oKpq6xero51cgyq5

After much deliberation we have decided we should sell the 9-3 vert. I will be as honest as I can on here and happy to add any further pictures to the album if you want to see something specific. I consider the pictures to be reflective of its condition. It is quite a good one.

It is an April 2009 car (original registration HV09URP which is now back on the car, V5 is on the way) and my wife is the 4th owner. Originally purchased from Southampton Saab, we acquired the car in October 2016 with about 65,000 miles on it. We had looked at several cars before this one and none of them compared to this in terms of the lack of marks on the body and interior. I decided I could fix any mechanical issues so a deal was done.

Sadly, there were several mechanical issues which I was not told about so I set about fixing them. These included broken front springs and the famous misfire when cold on the B207. New inlet valves and valve guides were fitted to cure that and there have been no further issues with the engine. As I was doing this, Karl was sent the ECU to work his magic, so it has a Stage 1 Noobtune on it, although I am happy to remove that for you if you don't want it. It does transform the car.

I have also replaced sparkplugs, both the inner and outer track rods, front droplinks, front and rear brake discs and pads and rear calipers over the past 4 years. Brake fluid was replaced two years ago with the front disc change, coolant and PAS fluid 4 years ago when I did the valves.
The hood has been maintained in accordance with Kent61's fabulous instructions and was most recently treated with Fabsil in November. It has also spent the past 3 winters (Nov to Mar) in the garage to try and protect the hood. The leather has been maintained with Gliptone products and any small bits of wear treated with the leather dye of which we cannot mention without the name being removed!

The body has some small marks.
A scuff under the front bumper, which is difficult to see unless you bend down.
A small trolley type dent in the passenger door.
There are a few stone chips which have been touched up and I have also cut out a few tiny rusty spots from the edge of the hood deck, treated with Hydrate80 and repainted, but if you look closely you can see the repairs.

There is a good service history with the car and the oil has been changed annually at the anniversary of the MOT in our ownership, with Shell Helix 5w30, but it currently has the Saab Premium DX2 5-30 and I always use genuine Saab or Mann filters. It has just had a new cabin filter and I have reset the service indicator with this oil change so it won't complain for a while. We took advantage of the MOT exemption last year to run round for the summer, but did no more than a few hundred miles due to lockdown.

I know of no mechanical issues (I have just done the rear discs), apart from it will soon want some new back tyres.

It has a new MOT (24/03/2021), with no advisories and is ready for the sun.

£4,495

PM me or phone 07780704010. Car is located in sunny Ferndown, Dorset. I am happy to take one person out in the car with the roof down and wearing masks, but unless you can prove fully comprehensive insurance, I will be driving.