UKSaabs

THE site for UK Saab people!
It is currently Mon May 23, 2022 8:15 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

The main Meetings forum is designed for meetings with a firm date and location in mind, and this info should be contained in the thread title.

If you want to gauge interest or ask a more general question, please use the "Provisional/gauging interest" forum.

Once meetings have taken place, threads will be moved to the "past meets" forum rather than the Coffee Bar.

Stickies can be arranged for regular, established, meets with a set calendar of upcoming dates- please pm a mod to discuss.

No drumming up of additional interest by cross posting in other sections please, unless by prior moderator approval

For more info/guidance, please see this post from the forum founder.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2022 8:59 pm 
Saab Nut

Car Models: 2007 9³ Tid vert 2000 9³ noob vert
https://www.haselburymill.co.uk/?fbclid ... hO7kTl-5L8

Hope to see you all there.

The event begins on the Friday afternoon with a Hog roast, licienced bar, and musical entertainment.
Saturday has the usual members and non members car displays, along with some ‘Saab themed” displays around the Tithe barn.
In addition, we hope to have two of the “Saab Performance team” members as our special guests for the weekend (Covid and flights permitting). They are sure to have some incredible tales of their time on the team and how the stunts were set up and performed. This is a treat not to be missed, and a chance to get a photo of you and your car with a “Saab celebrity” just don’t let them have the keys!
We also have a ride out in a vintage bus in the local area during the Saturday afternoon, followed in the evening by a sit down three course meal in the beautiful Tithe barn. Other food will be available from the restaurant, which also has a licensed bar. To round off the evening we will have a guest band playing for our entertainment and pleasure.
Sunday will be a relaxing affair to chat to old friends and new friends alike, concluding with the usual Award Ceremony held adjacent to the barn in the Belvedere.
Booking is available through the club website www.saabclub.co.uk, or on the gate. Meals however will need to be pre-booked via the website using PayPal, or via the booking form filled out and a cheque sent.
There is on site camping throughout the weekend, including toilets and drinking water, with a limited number of electric hook ups (first come first served basis)
In addition, there are plenty of local hotels and guest houses should you prefer.
The south coast is only 45 minutes away, with beautiful beaches including the famous Jurassic coast, and many other local attractions. So why not extend your stay and make a holiday of the event? From Alex Rankin.

Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2022 10:22 pm 
UKS Addict

Car Models: 96TT/900S Cabrio/9-3SW Aero/Opel GT
I'll be there with at least one Saab - new "toy" arriving soon - you'll just have to wait for all to be revealed! Being "local" has its advantages - my own bed, shower etc - and no hotel bills.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 6:29 pm 
Saab Nut

Car Models: SAAB 96/MGB/Classic Twingo/Niss Figaro
I've just booked Saabfest. Staying overnight on the Thursday night going south in Chester, the Sunday night going north we're overnight in Worcester.
Two nights in a showman's caravan for the Friday and Saturday night at Haselbury Mill.
See you all there..
ps When are we going to have a Saabfest in the north of the UK? (No, Manchester is not the north of the UK, it's somewhere around the middle :D )
How about north Yorkshire, the Newcastle area, Cumbria, or even southern Scotland?

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 11:27 am 
Active user

Car Models: 9 - 3 SS Carlsson
The Troll wrote:
I've just booked Saabfest. Staying overnight on the Thursday night going south in Chester, the Sunday night going north we're overnight in Worcester.
Two nights in a showman's caravan for the Friday and Saturday night at Haselbury Mill.
See you all there..
ps When are we going to have a Saabfest in the north of the UK? (No, Manchester is not the north of the UK, it's somewhere around the middle :D )
How about north Yorkshire, the Newcastle area, Cumbria, or even southern Scotland?

It needs a local group to organise it, find a venue, prepare a budget and submit it to the SOC directors. 2024 is currently free?

I live in Kent and went to the Bury event in 2019 and it took me eight hours to get there, Prescott took me five hours one year. Going to Scotland for a holiday, says 600 miles to Inverness and I bet Nessy does not put in an appearance!

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 11:27 am 
Active user

Car Models: 9 - 3 SS Carlsson
R U up for it?

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 2:09 pm 
Saab Nut

Car Models: SAAB 96/MGB/Classic Twingo/Niss Figaro
Andie wrote:
The Troll wrote:
See you all there..

It needs a local group to organise it, find a venue, prepare a budget and submit it to the SOC directors. 2024 is currently free?

I live in Kent and went to the Bury event in 2019 and it took me eight hours to get there, Prescott took me five hours one year. Going to Scotland for a holiday, says 600 miles to Inverness and I bet Nessy does not put in an appearance!

Andie
Every Saabfest I've been to has involved a 8 or 900 mile round trip. Prescott Hill, South Wales, Haslebury Mill etc
Bury was obviously not so bad, but then it was for you, since you presumably had to somehow get round, over or under London :D :D :D . Ye Gods, what a thought!!!

The simple, indisputable fact is that the mass of the population of the UK lives south of Brum......
I'm not suggesting it has to be in Scotland, just cos I'm a Sweaty Sock, North Yorkshire, Cumbria or Northumberland would be nice.