UKSaabs

THE site for UK Saab people!
It is currently Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:15 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:49 pm 
UKS Addict

Car Model: 9k Aero
ITS BACK!!

Buckmore park kart circuit in Kent have announced next year's 24hr race is on and here to stay.

Last time I blagged a place on someone else's team, this time I want to setup my own and run things slightly different.
I'm not necessarily looking for super fast drivers, just ones that can get round in a semi respectable pace (sub 60secs is fine)

Cost wise, £80 deposit gets you a drive in the team and guarantees you at least a 1hr stint plus time in the 90min practice/qualifying. You can choose how many stints you want at £79.12 per 1hr stint. This makes things more cost effective and fairer for everyone on the team.

If anyone wants to be part of the team, drop me a PM and we can go form there.

Last edited by mark411 on Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:04 pm 
UKS Addict

Car Model: 96 V4 & 9-3 Turbo-X
What safety kit do drivers need?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:24 pm 
UKS Addict

All safety gear is supplied (racesuit,helmet,gloves and rib protectors) by the circuit and is included in the price. You can of course use your own gear if you wish.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:36 pm 
UKS Addict

Car Model: 9000 Aero
Mark - I'd be well up for this. Have kart experience. I also potentially have some others interested, some are ex kart racers, all are very good drivers - have sent you a p.m.
Cheers, Mark

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:47 pm 
UKS Addict

PM's replied to.

Haven't been around for a little while and an update is long overdue.

We have our Team!!

Team Ashphalt Assassins is 8 people of massively differing weights and abilities. From little twiglets like me at 64kg to a relatively lardy 94kg. I have a virtual novice not turned a wheel in a kart for 20yrs right up to ARDS licensed race car drivers, even a London Marathon runner. I also have a long standing uks member hitting the tarmac too 8)

I now have 1 person in reserve should anyone drop out for any reason. Although I will be needing pit-crew to help man the pit-kart radio, co ordinate the pitstops and wake-up the odd oversleeping driver (yes, this actually happened last time! lol ) Being a pit-crew member is essentially free as you are technically a spectator, just a spectator who is getting involved in the action.

This event is a sell out 35 kart grid and will be streamed live on YouTube thoughout.

The couple of months leading up to the race will see a number of us nippng over to the circuit for some much needed practice sessions and get some fitness training in....60mins in a kart kills my forearms and my neck, the 1st corner is a long righthander i'm regularly hitting over 1g in the dry. :twisted: