UKSaabs

THE site for UK Saab people!
It is currently Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:39 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:23 pm 
Active user

Car Model: 9-3 Aero TTiD
It is time for me to sell my glacier silver, manual, Aero TTiD. I have owned the car since January 2015 and it has been treated like a loved member of my family - according to my wife, higher up my list of priorities than her and the kids - at least level with my dogs anyway (which have never been in the car by the way). I had searched for a one owner ex-company car to ensure that it had covered a stress free motorway life and found this example with a full service history and 72k miles on the clock. The last 50k miles that I have put on it have been totally reliable, enjoyable and efficient - averaging 46 mpg. The only thing to ever go wrong was the DPF filter. At about 100k miles these filters become blocked with ash - a byproduct of regeneration. As the sort burns off, ash accumulates in the filter until eventually it becomes blocked. The only way to remove the ash is to take off the filter and have it professionally cleaned using a machine with fires a combination of compressed air and water through it. This was done in July 2017 ensuring an as-new DPF. I use an eSID2 device in the OBD socket of the car which tells me when a regeneration is due, when it starts and when it finishes. Thanks to this the car has never had a incomplete regeneration in my ownership. Preventing any premature damage to the DPF and removing the chances of engine oil dilution which can often occur in other 9-3 diesels driven less sympathetically. My eSID2 is not included in the sale of the car as I need it for other vehicles but I would definitely recommend one.

I am a bit of a perfectionist and strongly believe in preventative maintenance. With this in mind the suspension components; top mounts, HD drop links, dampers, springs were all replaced in May 2017 to keep the car feeling fresh. Bilstein B4 dampers were used for their standard ride quality with, initially, Eibach springs. These springs proved too hard for my liking and were replaced by standard parts last September. The last couple of photos show the Eibachs fitted to show what it looks like if a new owner wanted to go down this route. Other sympathetic modifications worth mentioning are the rare (and expensive) genuine Hirsch front grille, Hirsch rear diffuser (copy), auto dipping rear view mirror, Turbo X front splitter and thicker TX steering wheel and a upgraded silicon inlet hose with fancy high pressure hose clips. Original grille and hose supplied with the car. The exhaust tailpipes were changed by BTB Exhausts to give the car a Hirsch look. A surprisingly difficult task requiring the use of CAD and some skilled fabrication grafting 100mm stainless tailpipes onto a standard system - but they really look the part next to the diffuser. The wheels have been changed to genuine BBS SX 8x18”. I chose these wheels as they were the closest look to Hirsch twin spokes and I think they look great on the car. The extra width (like the Hirsch) enables the use of wider, low profile tyres in 235/40 size. The car is on a matching set of Hankook S1 Evo 2’s. Tyre depth is 5mm at the front and just above the wear markers on the rear (they have been switched from the front). I can supply 2 brand new matching tyres with the car which is open to discussion. They retain the OE pressure sensors.

Issues to mention… very slight ding in the nearside passenger door. It’s barely noticeable and I always intended to get it fixed if I ever got another ding (too small to get the man out on it’s own). Typically I never got another one so it’s been left. It’s hard to photograph, but look for the bucket reflection. There is a chip in the windscreen that has been welded. Other than that, the usually stone chips on the front bumper after 122k miles - touched in where necessary. All the wheels have some kerbing, touched in and invisible from a couple of feet away. I have serviced the car every year without fail, it had the cam belt and water pump replaced by IndySaab Rushden in September 2016 at 83k. Car is due another service now and will be done before the new owner collects, using correct TTiD Saab oil as normal. I have all the paperwork chronologically filed in a folder. It covers everything done to the car, even down to logging fuel additives and mileages.

It has been a delightful car to own. Efficient and powerful thanks to the outstanding twin turbo diesel engine with looks that nothing short of an Alfa Giulia can match even today (IMHO). I will be genuinely sad to see it go but I have another 9-3 and a 900 T16S and this one needs to find a new home. Car is now back on it’s original number plate - LN60 XRV if you want to check it out it’s history etc. Mileage is at 122k and will increase slightly as I’ll be using it daily until it sells. Thanks.

Imageside by Matt Searle, on Flickr
Imagefront by Matt Searle, on Flickr
Imagerear2 by Matt Searle, on Flickr
Imagerear1 by Matt Searle, on Flickr
Imagegrille by Matt Searle, on Flickr
ImageExhaust tip a by Matt Searle, on Flickr
Imagetailpipes by Matt Searle, on Flickr
Imageinside front by Matt Searle, on Flickr
Imagesteering wheel by Matt Searle, on Flickr
Imageinside rear by Matt Searle, on Flickr
Imageengine by Matt Searle, on Flickr
Imagehose by Matt Searle, on Flickr
Imagerear off by Matt Searle, on Flickr
Imagerear near by Matt Searle, on Flickr
Imagefront off by Matt Searle, on Flickr
Imagefront near by Matt Searle, on Flickr
Imagedent by Matt Searle, on Flickr
Imagechip by Matt Searle, on Flickr
Imagebook1 by Matt Searle, on Flickr
Imagebook2 by Matt Searle, on Flickr
ImageFront shot by Matt Searle, on Flickr
ImageShot 1 by Matt Searle, on Flickr
ImageCar on red by Matt Searle, on Flickr

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:04 am 
Active user

Price change to £2995. An outstanding car for the money.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:08 am 
Active user

Sold.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]