UKSaabs

THE site for UK Saab people!
It is currently Mon May 20, 2019 7:24 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR NEW TOPIC TITLES
For Workshop questions, please include year, model and a brief description of the issue in the thread title (in order to assist others to assist you),
This forum is not to be used to advertise items for sale or for items wanted, please use the classifieds for such posts.

Post subject: 99T 5dr repair panels
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:23 pm 

Car Model: Saab 99T 5dr
Hello all

Wondering if anybody can help. So I'm making good progress on the 5 door turbo. The entire front end is stripped of trim, bonnet, engine and windscreen etc and has revealed some horrors. The bits I most desperately need are a drivers front wing, and the front valance (inc. the very front crossmember which the primary drive sits on) all the way down to just before the middle crossmember in the engine bay (driveshaft area). Since my drivers wing is all filler and rust, and the valance is just gone.

I've contacted Jamsaab and he's going to have a look for me, and I've also contacted Paul the seller who, in the original advert, said he'll have a front panel available but so far I haven't heard back from either of them.

So incase neither Paul or Jamsaab have any panels available, would anyone know where in the world I might be able to get these bits?

Thanks in advance!

Martin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:01 pm 
UKS Addict

Car Model: Saab 99 Turbo
Hello Mr Passat-driver :wink:

Martin at Jamsaab is your most likely source of these bits but be warned that front wings are not cheap! I think I do have a pair of second-hand ones should you fail to find any new ones. I’ll have a look shortly whilst I’m still in Suffolk.

Peter

Black 99GL

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:06 pm 

flying-dutchman wrote:
Hello Mr Passat-driver :wink:

Martin at Jamsaab is your most likely source of these bits but be warned that front wings are not cheap! I think I do have a pair of second-hand ones should you fail to find any new ones. I’ll have a look shortly whilst I’m still in Suffolk.

Peter

Haha! I've had an unjustified hatred towards all VW products for years, and a dedication to Volvo at the same time. My recently acquired Volvo V50 though has been the most useless, overpriced, shocking piece of engineering I've witnessed in a long time, especially compared to my old V40. So my new workshop neighbour offered me a cheap Passat, and I'm so impressed with the quality and attention to detail. I now despise (newer) Volvo, tolerate VW and, of course, love Saab.

Yes I'm waiting for a response from Martin. I'll chase him up towards the end of the week if I still haven't heard back. My drivers wing is half an inch thick with filler, and all the metal behind it is no longer there so that's something I'll definitely need. If you do have a pair of second hand ones, and Martin doesn't have any, that'll be amazing. I'll keep you posted! And meanwhile please do have a look while you're in Suffolk.

Thank you very much!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:46 pm 
UKS Addict

Car Model: Saab 99 Turbo
OK will do. Large indicator type, right?

Black 99GL

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:05 pm 

flying-dutchman wrote:
OK will do. Large indicator type, right?

Yes that's right. Thank you!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:33 pm 
Saab Nut

Try malbrads as I ended up going through Steves panels. I think there was a new old stock wing. I think there was a valance but I think it was c900.