UKSaabs

THE site for UK Saab people!
It is currently Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:35 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:49 pm 
Light Pressure Turbo

Car Model: 2004 95 2.3t Auto
How do you do recall with a deaf dog? I've always assumed they need to stay on the lead in the park etc.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:14 pm 
UKS Addict

Car Model: 93 convertible aero v6, bmw z3

My wee blue boy. We are his third owners, as we are with the other wee staff we own. I know how much love these dogs give, owned them for almost thirty years now. Words are not enough to describe how I feel about anyone who takes advantage of the love another creature freely gives, particualry in this reprehensible way. Absolute scum who sadly will receive little punishment for this crime, either by the 'law', or society itself.

Peace, Gbn x

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:20 pm 
Light Pressure Turbo

This was Ace (with the beer) on his 12th Birthday & Lucky. Ace was the abused lad, I think you can see he'd settled in ok by this point. I only had him for 18 months due to liver cancer, but I'm sure he had a happy 'retirement'.

Attachment:
20151124_211110_resized (360 x 640).jpg
20151124_211110_resized (360 x 640).jpg [ 47.68 KiB | Viewed 346 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:47 pm 
Saab Nut

Car Model: 9-3ss aero stage 3+
Hooli ad gbn alway nice to see pictures.
To be honest I didn’t think there would be many staffy owners on here.

I’d certainly have another when the time is right and next time I’d get the oldest, ugliest one from a rescue centre just give it a nice safe loving home.

How anyone could harm any animal, let alone a breed that’s known to be ultra human friendly is beyond me.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:14 pm 
Full Pressure Turbo

Car Model: .
scanditurbo wrote:
anyone who can take a dog from being a bit mental after something poo happened
to being calm and happy gets a real pal for life and a very protective one at that

i helped teach my mates american bulldog as it was a bit mental been around young kids so no rules just fun bouncing about like a mad thing
it took a while what a stubborn dog they are hes all good now dont even need a lead he lets kids have rides on his back now

best dog ive had for doing what its told was a deaf boxer
me mum saved it as it was a handsome looking dog
first time i met it i said its deaf i reckon sure enough totally deaf only a year old
but it did exactly what you told it to do and no need to shout at it like it was reading your mind
only boxer ive met who wasnt a bit nutty

after watching the dog whisperer it makes more sense now cut out the human talking stupid carp to the dog aspect
and the dog was good as gold

so if you come across a lovely deaf dog dont asume its gonna be a total knightmare this one was sweet as could be

we had a boxer as well, before the bulldog, lovely, lovely Animal, more human than some humans, sometimes i wonder who the animals are, us or the dogs ?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:15 pm 
Full Pressure Turbo

gbn wrote:

My wee blue boy. We are his third owners, as we are with the other wee staff we own. I know how much love these dogs give, owned them for almost thirty years now. Words are not enough to describe how I feel about anyone who takes advantage of the love another creature freely gives, particualry in this reprehensible way. Absolute scum who sadly will receive little punishment for this crime, either by the 'law', or society itself.

Aww, how handsome ? totally perfect :)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:23 pm 
Full Pressure Turbo

twostroker wrote:

I’d certainly have another when the time is right and next time I’d get the oldest, ugliest one from a rescue centre just give it a nice safe loving home.

How anyone could harm any animal, let alone a breed that’s known to be ultra human friendly is beyond me.

its because they ain't right in the head. no matter what anyone else says, "people" like that deserve the same to be done to them, ten fold, a good, well trained dog is probably one of the best "pets" you can get, i use the term "pets" loosely as i do not and never will consider my dogs to be pets, they are part of the family, mine will never wear a collar,unless they are on a leash, no matter what the law states ( arrest me now, god forbid, ooooh ) they are as welcome on the sofa as you or i, if you do not like their hair, their playfulness, their peeing when excited, their sheer devotion to a good owner, then you are not welcome in my house, mans best friend doesn't come close, unless you have been there then you will not know what i'm on about, a dog really is for life, their life, the life they give to be your best friend and protector in some cases.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:17 pm 
Light Pressure Turbo

Mine always wear a collar but apart from that I agree they are part of the family not pets. Mine normally sleep on the bed or at least in the bedroom (their choice) too.

Indeed one Jack Russel I found on the side of the road years ago needed to wear a collar. I got him one soon after I found him & when he wasn't claimed that week I took it off to bath him, he went into a full on panic which stopped as soon as the collar was back on. It must have been memories of one being removed before he was dumped.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:12 am 
UKS Addict

Car Model: 93 convertible aero v6, bmw z3
calam1ty wrote:
twostroker wrote:

its because they ain't right in the head. no matter what anyone else says, "people" like that deserve the same to be done to them, ten fold, a good, well trained dog is probably one of the best "pets" you can get, i use the term "pets" loosely as i do not and never will consider my dogs to be pets, they are part of the family, mine will never wear a collar,unless they are on a leash, no matter what the law states ( arrest me now, god forbid, ooooh ) they are as welcome on the sofa as you or i, if you do not like their hair, their playfulness, their peeing when excited, their sheer devotion to a good owner, then you are not welcome in my house, mans best friend doesn't come close, unless you have been there then you will not know what i'm on about, a dog really is for life, their life, the life they give to be your best friend and protector in some cases.

Well said, we share our lives with two staffys and a two year old bull mastiff, who is THE softest dog we have ever had!!

Peace, Gbn x

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:05 pm 
UKS Addict

Car Model: 1993 9000 2.0 cse
How do you do recall with a deaf dog? I've always assumed they need to stay on the lead in the park etc.

never had any bother like it running off
as a rule i think leads hinder more than help with a mellow behaved dog whats a lead doing anyway
mums house is about 50 yds from a massive park and a unused railways about 50yds the other way and lots of fields
this boxer loved kids and was quite mellow didnt jump up you like most do
it was the mellowest dog i taught it to walk up to kids and sit down and wait for the kid to stroke it
it used t tilt its head ready the big tart she was
not like most boxers who run at you then pounce on you taking you to the ground

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:23 pm 
Light Pressure Turbo

Fair enough, I've never bothered to get dogs to behave much with kids as I don't have any & don't tend to go places there are many of them as I don't like them.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:32 am 
Full Pressure Turbo

Hooli wrote:
Fair enough, I've never bothered to get dogs to behave much with kids as I don't have any & don't tend to go places there are many of them as I don't like them.

:D brilliant

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:05 pm 
UKS Addict

I don't like them.
:D :D
non of us like em we just endure them
saying than me niece is quite funny as i taught her the way of sarcasm and timing early and shes really good at it now shes 12
in a shop a while back shes at the till with my money waiting to pay for some pens pencils etc
young kid working in shop comes to till answers the phone
me niece puts her finger on the phone to hang it up and says excuse me i think i was here first young man :D and hands him the money :D
i wet meself and went outside the shop

weird how me mum hates kids and got a house next to a massive park weirdo eh

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:41 pm 
Light Pressure Turbo

Haha good work there on ya neice's part.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:27 pm 
Full Pressure Turbo

scanditurbo wrote:
I don't like them.
:D :D
non of us like em we just endure them
saying than me niece is quite funny as i taught her the way of sarcasm and timing early and shes really good at it now shes 12
in a shop a while back shes at the till with my money waiting to pay for some pens pencils etc
young kid working in shop comes to till answers the phone
me niece puts her finger on the phone to hang it up and says excuse me i think i was here first young man :D and hands him the money :D
i wet meself and went outside the shop

weird how me mum hates kids and got a house next to a massive park weirdo eh

i like mine lol

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:24 pm 
UKS Addict

cheers her teacher said shes so quick witted compared to the other kids and she can be very to the point if she wants to be
im so proud everytime she says something most kids wouldnt say to an adult

ive just taught her to say what you think and to be funny also
shes quite a smart cookie really her dad was one of them maths boffin rainman ish type bods eg smart but no mojo not a hint of mojo or personality really
so ive tried to make sure she has alot more personality than he did smart and funny win win eh

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:19 pm 
UKS Addict

Car Model: 95 Aero Turbo4
Hooli wrote:
This was Ace (with the beer) on his 12th Birthday & Lucky. Ace was the abused lad, I think you can see he'd settled in ok by this point. I only had him for 18 months due to liver cancer, but I'm sure he had a happy 'retirement'.

Attachment:
20151124_211110_resized (360 x 640).jpg

Every home should look like that..... :D

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:44 pm 
Light Pressure Turbo

They did make it a home :)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:55 pm 
UKS Addict

Car Model: 2008 93 aero, noob'd
i'm not a fan of kids either. i mean you can't leave them in the boot of the car when your shopping without some funny looks

however i have a niece and a nephew ages 8 and 1 and both are great, mainly as i can hand 'em back

but my niece knows her mind and is quick witted like her mum but has her dads wicked sense of humour.

my nephew is at a year already shown up the health visitor.

my sisters house backs on to a field and there is either sheep or cows in it and my sister takes time to actually talk to him and point things out like the sheep and tractors.

but the health visitor was doing her test and had a book and was asking him to point out the animals.

asked him to point to the dog, and he found the collie and was trying to say the name of my brothers collie, when asked for the sheep, he gave a her a look like "are you daft?" and pointed out the window to the field of them

i would say he's gonna be a handful, but he already is as he loves to climb anything or pull things apart when you've looked away for 2 secs

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:14 am 
UKS Addict

yeah me niece is starting to be a bit spirited 12 yrs now as shes the oldest and me sis has 3 others now so her nose is s bit put out
smart clever kids always play up they get bored i know i did :D im way cleverer than me mum and she knew it
she actually admitted it last year only took her 42 yrs to do so
my sister sees her being smart as a bad thing wierd or what
what she means is even at ten she can outwitt me sister

i got her a right clever book about space and shes understanding some of the clever stuff not bad for 12

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next