UKSaabs

THE site for UK Saab people!
It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:18 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR NEW TOPIC TITLES
For Workshop questions, please include year, model and a brief description of the issue in the thread title (in order to assist others to assist you),
This forum is not to be used to advertise items for sale or for items wanted, please use the classifieds for such posts.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:38 pm 

Car Model: 900 convertible
Bit embarrassing this and not sure where to ask, but could anyone share a photo of how the jack kit is supposed to be stored? I seem to remember it was somewhat pleasing, and not just rattling around the boot.
Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:00 am 
UKS Addict

Car Model: 900T16s, Daihatsu Charade GTti
Haha, I've had mine 7 years and it was loose in the boot when I bought it and I still don't know for sure how it's meant to be stowed even though I've kept an eye out for pictures etc.
I did read that the jacks where different dimensions in different years so we may have a jack from another car, no idea if it's true, I've took it with a pinch of salt to be honest :corn:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:34 am 

Well I’m the fool who moved mine. When I got the car they looked like they’d never been touched from the factory. The jack, the jack handle, and the emergency triangle fitted together in such a way and were held in place by the two brackets on the boot floor. Sadly I didn’t have the foresight to realise that inevitably I wouldn’t remember how they went. It’s something I can’t believe there aren’t any pictures of, but I have looked and looked.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:25 am 
UKS Addict

Saw this on the Cars for Sale thread and it has a boot and jack picture. Think ours was just loose in the boot too.

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/saab-900-turbo ... r=1&_rdt=1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:58 am 

Thanks! That is a good find. I can clearly see the emergency triangle there on the right but can’t see the jack.. under the wheel? On the convertible there are strengthening struts there so the wheel goes vertically at the left side of the boot.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:58 am 
UKS Addict

I found this thread which has a proper picture. Searching using 'trunk' instead of 'boot' helped. Doesn't help you much though if the convertible boot is different.

https://www.saabcentral.com/forums/show ... 087?page=1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:31 pm 

Thank you again. I feel this is escalating now, and although it's a 'non-issue', i feel like i have to crack it. From that picture, and the previous picture, it looks like the brackets on the floor of the boot are exactly the same, it's just that in the convertible the tyre doesn't sit on top of the jack. Given that, there is no way that picture is correct... the jack is somehow securely held in place by that bracket - not leant against the side of it and held down by the wheel.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:16 pm 
Full Pressure Turbo

Car Model: c900 verts and tin top
remove the bracket from the floor remove the support strip. remove and move the vac tank to other side of boot,) 1 mtr of pipe and 2" of brake pipe for join) no need to secure if you don't want to, and lay your wheel flat, jack goes underneath it. Get a hatch floor, cut 150 mm off from back edge(seat edge), and fit it then you have more space in the boot, If you need a photo PM me with em address. have done this to four of our verts, why they just didn't do it the same as the boot/trunk cars I don't know.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:22 pm 
Full Pressure Turbo

Car Model: c900 verts and tin top
Todd can you email me again, I seem to have lost your address have pictures

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:32 pm 

This is the best I can come up with.. sorry I should have posted a picture before. Definitely not like it was before. Oh well
https://m.imgur.com/a/CuQK5vv