UKSaabs

THE site for UK Saab people!
It is currently Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:24 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Advert titles should follow the format: [Item description] [Location, if not postable] eg. "1990 C900 Steering Wheel - Glasgow"
For Vehicles the price must be stated within the title.
Year - Model - Location - Price. eg. "1999 9-3 SE, Glasgow, £800"

**All posts in this section require individual moderator approval (which they will only get it if they are in line the rules of the forum). Please be patient and allow time for this to happen, and avoid duplicate postings.**

In an effort to reduce the size of the big orange box, full listing of rules for this section have been stickied HERE. If we notice a marked drop off in compliance with the rules the orange box will be restored.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:17 pm 
UKS Addict

Car Model: 93 convertible aero v6, bmw z3
OK, only had this car a month, nothing sinister here, just I have seen an old Saab 9-3 vert near me that is tugging at my Strings. Brief description, black with black leather and wood trim. Manual seats, no sunroof. Air con, cruise etc...some history in form of receipts kept by previous owners, including partial cooling system bits and pieces in last few years..(these are considered essential service items and showed me car had been owned by enthusiasts). PLEASE NOTE. Expansion tank hose is araldited in place, I will try to have another one fitted for.nee owner, but it had never caused an issue...owned by enthusiasts, serviced by a rock ape?

Car mot runs to April. Everything works. Cruise is rock steady, gearbox works in both auto and manual and is smooth, engine is turbine like and punchy if you need it. I'm not a quick driver and have been averaging mid thirties mpg, more on long runs, this tumbles in town.

Miles are just over 100k, everything is original, sits on turbine alloys which you either love or hate.

Bad points...one small patch of rust on drivers sill, very slight bubbling at front end of sills. Not noticeable unless you look. This car has had no corrosion issues on mot history. All wheel arches and bootlid are solid, no bubbles. Interior is really nice, no rips or tears, slight wear on drivers bolster but just wear.

Radio is not great. Works perfectly sometimes, you get static through speaker other times. This happens with CD player too, it has original BMW business Edition stereo including hidden tape deck and six CD changer.

And, that's it. If this was a 530d or 530i sport in this condition it would be nearer 2k. Definitely one of the better ones left. I paid £900 for it a month ago, and have had zero niggles. Car sits with temp gauge straight up and down in any and all driving conditions, probably covered about 1500miles in it.

Anyhow, offered on here first, ideal holiday car or charity run barge, quick, retro, draws a lot of glances and comments. I would like my £900 back so I can buy a Swede again. A lot of well made car for the loot. 'they' say e39 is best car BMW made, whoever 'they'are..., I do agree they are wonderfully wrought, and feel solid, safe and comfy.

I can send as many pictures as you like if you send email address, can never figure how to resize pics for here.

Edit. Car is 2001 facelift model

Peace, Gbn x

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:40 pm 
UKS Addict

Car Model: Merc A220d AMG 7sp DCT
Any pictures ?. What sort of average MPG have you been getting out of it ?.

cheers

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:21 pm 
UKS Addict

Car Model: 93 convertible aero v6, bmw z3
Send me your email and I have loads of pics. Car returns @26mpg in town and with cruise set to 60mph @39mpg , I average @34 mpg week to week. It is a wonderful old car.

Peace, Gbn x