UKSaabs

THE site for UK Saab people!
It is currently Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:50 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

A place for you to start a thread about and show us your car.
(Please stick to one thread, rather than starting several threads for the same vehicle).

Your Cars is the place for telling us about your new cars, minor upgrades and mini projects.
Full on restorations & major rebuilds should be posted in Restorations & Major Projects.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 9:08 pm 
Light Pressure Turbo

Car Model: 2009 9-5 1.9TiD TE Auto Est.
A few more jobs done over the weekend. I spent some time on the drivers seat, as the plastic side that mounts the switches was hanging down, and it's annoyed me for some time, especially as the blue wiring cover is so obvious.

Seat out, and the panel removed, it was obvious what the problem was. A plastic slot that goes over a tag on the seat had been broken.

Image Image

I bent a piece of aluminium to recreate the broken part of the slot and riveted it onto the the side panel. The rivet head cannot be seen.

Image Image

The bit of the moulding that is screwed to the seat frame was also begining to come apart, a consequence if the slot breaking, so that was reinforced with superglue and glassfibre tissue. Put it all back together and it now sits snuggly against the seat. The only down side to this being it now squeaks!!

Image Image

I also did the second drain and fill of the ATF, and the coolant, replaced the pollen filter and used a Halfords Air Con Purifier to cleanse the system.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 7:04 am 
Saab Nut

Car Model: 2x 9000 & 9-5
Nice fix, I removed mine to do the same last week but every mount had snapped badly and most bits were missing. For £14 I threw a new one on there. The passenger side seems ok.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 3:08 pm 
Saab Nut

Car Model: 9-5 aero estate
oli8925 wrote:
Nice fix, I removed mine to do the same last week but every mount had snapped badly and most bits were missing. For £14 I threw a new one on there. The passenger side seems ok.

Where from?

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 9:50 pm 
Saab Nut

Car Model: 2x 9000 & 9-5
darky wrote:
oli8925 wrote:

Where from?

Peter at Euro Saab Parts Direct. Just under £5 for postage which better than everywhere else too.

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 3:27 pm 
Light Pressure Turbo

Third and final, drain and fill of 4l of ATF completed yesterday, this now means that about 90% of the fluid is new fluid. Total cost for 12l of fluid was £126, but probably works out less that getting it done.

Only jobs left on the list are:-
- Spray up the front bumper where I caught it on a low kerb.
- Replace the fuel filter. I will need to get this done, as the filter is mounted to the plastic fuel tank, and I don't have the special tool to hold the bracket whilst I undo the filter. I don't want to risk damaging the tank.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:42 pm 
Light Pressure Turbo

Been a while since I've added anything to this thread, as it's been as good as gold...............until the coolant bypass sprang a leak last week. Why do these thing always happen when you are away? We were staying in Battle, and I guess towing the caravan in the recent high temperatures we had pushed the valve over the edge.

A bit of Googling revealed that where we were staying was only 10 mins away from Saabflight. David Greenwood was very helpful, and had a secondhand part he could fit. Less than an hour after calling him, it was all sorted. TBH, we probably spent more time talking Saab's than fitting the part itself!!