UKSaabs

THE site for UK Saab people!
It is currently Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:38 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:13 pm 
UKS Addict

Car Model: SAAB 9-5 Aero - MY2000
Early April, say Sunday 1st?

I have just read that the Yorkshire Sculpture Park has a new exhibition opening on 31st March.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/west ... 463855.stm
... they're open daily from 10am (as of 26th March) and close the grounds at 6:30pm.

While the venue is south-bound for many of us in West Yorkshire, I think the proximity to the M1 would encourage more friends from South Yorkshire and some from the York side of North Yorkshire to travel down. Lancashire isn't a difficult starting point, either.

The venue offers a nice meeting point for us all, with vast grounds to walk around ... educational if families want to attend, there must be half a dozen good pubs in the vicinity for lunch and there's some great driving in the area ... how about a pilgrimage up to Emley Moor, or to Castle Hill?

I think another meet-up would be fun ... how do we like my proposal? Is the venue okay? Is the date okay? We can start our list of attendees once we've decided that :wink:

Last edited by Orca on Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:42 pm 
Saab Heavyweight

Car Model: Sadly just an old E34...
Count me in fella! 8)

Post subject: west yorks meet
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:35 pm 
Active user

Always been a Henry Moore fan , and i haven't been upto Castle Hil for years, Count me in !!!!!!!

2007 MV Augusta
Black 2005 BMW 535d Sports

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:19 pm 
Light Pressure Turbo

Yep, count me in too!

Rich

92 L200-BMW 2.5TD power

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:54 pm 
UKS Addict

Car Model: 9-3 Turbo X / 9-3 Convertible
Not working, so very possible 8)
C'mon then Yorkyshire men, get a list on the go! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:01 am 
UKS Addict

Okay ... it looks like the date and venue are good, so here we go:

1. Orca
2. Tubbo
3. AndyD
4. RichC
5. Jimmy_Wynn ?Possible
6. Bollman (not sure if he's registered on UKS ... he's on SC)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:17 am 
UKS Addict

Some of our West Yorkshire SAABers attend church in the morning, but could catch up with us at lunchtime. I propose we endeavour to stay at the Yorkshire Sculpture Park until at least 2PM, so allow any stragglers to catch up.

I think if we meet up, say, 10AM to 10:30AM for a meet and greet, bonnet lifting, rust poking, a look around the centre, coffee and then a stroll around the open air part taking us up lunch (or perhaps after lunch is time goes quickly in the morning), stragglers will have a chance of finding the rest of us.

I notice parking is £3 for the day per car, but I think we'd be able to nip out and pop back without issue over lunchtime :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:43 am 
UKS Addict

Yes. Hesitant to commit at first, as we have a possible OTT night out on the 31st at

http://www.cabaretheaven.co.uk/3031Mar.htm

If we've played out to excess the night before, then the join up in the afternoon option would solve that.
Bonzooki would normally take some persuasion to mingle with petrolheads, however as a revisit to Bretton Hall is on the domestic agenda, many birds killed with same stone.
Will any other women folk be attending, or does the presence of that virtual dickswinger Lord Neal alarm them away?

PS Offerings to the sunshine gods for 1st April please, so I can get the top down.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:04 pm 
UKS Addict

Bonzo - If you can make it, it would be great :wink: Bring the 'vert, though. We'll try to appease all the weather gods for a good day. Everybody ... eat peas every Thursday between now and then:

Quote:
In Norse mythology, Thor gave peas to humans as a punishment, not a gift. One version of the legend says that he sent flying dragons to use them to fill up and foul all of the wells on earth. The dragons were a little clumsy though, and some of the peas landed on fertile ground, giving the people a new vegetable. To calm and flatter the even angrier Thor, the mortals dedicated the vegetable to him and ate peas only on his day, Thursday.

Mark - Are we going to see your convertible this time? Do you still have the red 8V, BTW? Was that Rob Sandey's old car?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:22 pm 
UKS Addict

Guys ... had a little google mapping exercise to check the validity of my afternoon drive ... it looks pretty good:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&hl=en ... pture+Park)+%4053.612794,-1.573736&daddr=emley+moor+to:castle+hill+huddersfield&sll=53.62288,-1.614125&sspn=0.0506,0.12291&layer=&ie=UTF8&z=12&om=1

Yorkshire Sculpture Park to Emley Moor (5.3 miles) to Castle Mill (12.7 miles). I like those drives where you look for a landmark, drive to it, look for another and then drive to that one :lol: While you can't get that close to Emley Moor mast, Castle Hill has a car park and some pretty stunning views of ... well ... a lot of Yorkshire.

Also, if you pull the map to the right, and look over past Huddersfield to Halifax, there's a nice run up past Ainley Top past the Scammondon reservoir complex and back into Halifax. Depends on what time we leave and where people are going back to, but that's a great run :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:27 pm 
Active user

Car Model: '92 c900 t16s
Went up part the sculpture park to watch the eclipse at Emley Moor the other week. Some excellent roads up that way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:56 am 
Saab Nut

Car Model: 9000 Aero, 900 Ruby, + others
jimmy_wynn wrote:
Not working, so very possible 8) :lol:

And me possibly, my passports out of date how tight are the border controls these days..... :lol:

I have a flat cap. :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:05 pm 
Active user

Car Model: 9-3 convertible
I´m here now!

Looking forward to this! I´ve convinced my gf to switch shifts so she can come too :)
Will be interesting meeting some UK saabers!

Post subject: west yorks meet
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:08 pm 
Active user

steve9000Aero wrote:
jimmy_wynn wrote:

And me possibly, my passports out of date how tight are the border controls these days..... :lol:

Don't worry about the border control as they let anyone in these days !!!! Just make sure you leave before nightfall :twisted:

2007 MV Augusta
Black 2005 BMW 535d Sports

Post subject: Re: west yorks meet
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:23 pm 
Saab Nut

AndyD wrote:
steve9000Aero wrote:
jimmy_wynn wrote:

Don't worry about the border control as they let anyone in these days !!!! Just make sure you leave before nightfall :twisted:

I have heard that before. :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:35 pm 
Saab Heavyweight

Orca wrote:

Mark - Are we going to see your convertible this time? Do you still have the red 8V, BTW? Was that Rob Sandey's old car?

Possibly! It's tucked away safely in the shed at the moment as the Aero is still making me grin from ear to ear...

And yes, I still have the C900 8v, which (if I say so myself) stills looks gorgeous, despite not having been cleaned since Christmas. I put that down to the sheer thickness of wax that Jim/Saul lavished on it before it headed North! :That and the daily rain of course... lol:

Last edited by tubbo on Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:45 am, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:38 pm 
Saab Heavyweight

AndyD wrote:

Visitors from the West must have enough beer tokens for their entire stay though. :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:14 pm 
Saab Nut

tubbo wrote:
AndyD wrote:

Visitors from the West must have enough beer tokens for their entire stay though. :wink:

Mark,

That’s very kind of you, Yorkshire hospitality you can't beat it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:16 pm 
UKS Addict

If it is custom and practice to add to lists then:-

1. Orca
2. Tubbo
3. AndyD
4. RichC
5. Jimmy_Wynn ?Possible
6. Bollman (not sure if he's registered on UKS ... he's on SC)
7. Bonzo Dog and Bonzooki

Tubbo, did you choose the name because you are a big lad? Could explain why you figure at both 2. and 7.javascript:emoticon(':?') Hope to see you (both?) there.javascript:emoticon(':)')

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:54 am 
Saab Heavyweight

Bonzo Dog wrote:
Tubbo, did you choose the name because you are a big lad?

Not really. I'm just skin and bones... Ask around! :roll: :lol:

Bonzo Dog wrote:
Could explain why you figure at both 2. and 7.javascript:emoticon(':?') Hope to see you (both?) there.javascript:emoticon(':)')

I've no idea what you mean! :wink:

(There's nowt wrong with your eyes - I fettled it secretly using the mysterious powers of moderation) :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next