UKSaabs

THE site for UK Saab people!
It is currently Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:01 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:31 am 

Car Model: 9-5 Aero 06' Man. Est. St.3
Hello, for sale is my 2006 9-5 Hot Aero Estate. 165k,

https://www.flickr.com/photos/140787680@N02/with/49504519953/

MOT'd until 26 Sept 2020. It is currently mapped to stage 3 - Noobtune
Lots of work recently done including reconditioned turbo 200 miles ago by JamSaab. Also, last MOT showed an oil leak so have had new rocker cover gasket and exhaust manifold gaskets replaced so engine looks squeaky clean now. Had a small bit of welding in arch and new power steering pipes for MOT.
The mods and map have taken it to 305bhp and 440nm. The lightweight flywheel makes an incredible difference. The car revs so much more freely and quickly; Amazing kick down on the stage 3 clutch. The pull in 2nd and 3rd is also incredible.

It was all mapped well within the tolerances of the stock hardware, beyond 320bhp and you’re talking forged internals, the stock TD04 is good for about 340 so that was well within tolerance and the gearboxes will take a lot of abuse before giving up especially the manual ones. The gearbox that was put in it was from a LPT so it had only had 185bhp put through it all its life and that gearbox has only been on my car for 15,000miles. 4 new shocks 10k miles ago, forget the brand (blue ones!)
- Remote central locking doesn't work but central locking button inside works fine and bootlid/petrol cap release are both fine.
- EBC red stuff front brake pads and Brembo grooved front discs
- Polybushed wishbones and a few subframe bushes are polyed
- New rear suspension bushes fitted
- 3" exhaust throughout (downpipe was custom made and includes an EU emissions legal mce cat) (Maptun 3" centre and tailpipe)
- 3.5 BAR FPR
- 2 recent front tyres (Goodyear eagle F1's installed 1000 miles ago)
- Uprated drop link arms
- Block diamond stage 3 clutch and pressure plate
- Abbot Saab lightened flywheel
- Replacement second hand manual gearbox fitted 2018
- Front wheel bearings have been replaced but has an advisory on one(?). Could do with a brake bleed and if I was keeping I'd replace ABS reluctor rings, quick/easy job, b/c ABS light occasionally comes on. Other jobs to your standard/budget would be driver's door bottom rust (replace/repair), bumpers repair/replace.
- Rocker cover gasket has been replaced. Has bluetooth phone, working CD radio,elec mirrors/windows. & Toasty heated seats.
Plugs, K&N air filter, oil, oil filter all replaced 1000miles ago. Has towbar with aluminium plug socket.

A fantastic, fast and practical car. Has obviously been enjoyed but with turbo just put in, good for 100,000 miles on these engines.

Asking £950 ono
Any questions, feel free to contact me.

Last edited by MrVoo on Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:30 pm 

Car Model: 900
Interested in this, where abouts in Somerset are you? Main issue is im in North Yorkshire and got a newish baby & 2yr old so think im going to struggle to persuade her in doors to give me a lift down to sommerset to come see it!

Trying to get my post count up so i can PM (been registered here for years but cant remember any of my details)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]