UKSaabs

THE site for UK Saab people!
It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:04 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR NEW TOPIC TITLES
For Workshop questions, please include year, model and a brief description of the issue in the thread title (in order to assist others to assist you),
This forum is not to be used to advertise items for sale or for items wanted, please use the classifieds for such posts.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:53 pm 

Car Model: C900 1990 vert turbo
Hello just found the boot wet, went inside the car and the grey plastic tray under the rear roof cover was swimming in water. Took the hose out and the water is coming down the rear corner right by the button that holds the inner cover to the side.
The water is running down the Inside cover.
Any ideas on a fix? The roof hasn't been waterproofed in a long time and so becomes saturated. I know there is supposed to be a water tight membrane as well. Or is there something else I can look at. Tried to find on-line guides buy nothing. Any help would be great.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:29 am 
UKSaabs Trader

I can't really visualise it from the description. However, it is common for the window panel to wear where the corners of the glass rub on it as the hood goes up and down. If there are holes there, a common fix seems to be to fill the holes with some windscreen adhesive - the same sort of thing that holds the windscreen in its frame at the front.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:02 pm 
Active user

Mine has leaked since I bought it in July 2000, despite having the roof covering replaced in 2001.

My solution is to drive everywhere with the roof down, although I admit that's not much help.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:36 pm 

Thanks guys I found it I removed the side spoiler and tore up the hood from the rear window back the the corner. I found that the water proof membrane had rotted at the corner and pulled into the car. Got some water proof membrane and used Sika 221 to review d it all and restapled it. Hose on roof dry inside. Also found the seals had gone on the rear lights letting more water into the boot haha.
Now for the handbrake as it not working pulls up n down but suspect a snapped cable.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:45 am 
Light Pressure Turbo

Car Model: 1992 900i, 1984 T16S “Snufkin”
Mrcgibb wrote:
Now for the handbrake as it not working pulls up n down but suspect a snapped cable.

Gotta be going some to snap a Saab handbrake cable.
I'd be looking at adjusting both ends first and go from there.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:03 pm 

No prob I will look. On the subject of the rear window should it be to bonded to the outside of the roof to? I there is a gap of about 1 cm from the glass to the roof at the sides?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:48 am 
UKSaabs Trader

Dr Rock wrote:
Mrcgibb wrote:

Gotta be going some to snap a Saab handbrake cable.

One snapped on my 9000 during the MOT test a couple of years ago. They don't snap when they're not rusty but when they are they're nowhere near as bulletproof.

The most common problem with the 900 (and 9000) rear-handbrake is knackered/seized calipers.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:38 am 

Car Model: 900 convertible
Hello I have the same problem, the shelf under the rear window pools water and leaks into the boot. I can’t quite understand your fix- apologies for being slow. I’d love a bit more info.