THE site for UK Saab people!
It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:49 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:14 pm 
Talking Turkey

Car Model: One of the first RHD 9-5s
BillJ wrote:
welshwizard wrote:
Actually - windscreens are UNOBTAINABLE... most people like myself were satisfied to accept non-HUD glass and it's got to the point they are no longer in stock.... Long backlog of orders say Orio.

I don't know whether you absolutely need the rain sensor - perhaps the wipers won't work without it? If you were really stuck there is a plain windscreen still available without any gadgets. There is a LHD one with rain sensing left in stock but I don't know what the difference is between LHD and RHD. There must be a difference.

Location of the window for the VIN and the screen markings will end up in the wrong place would be my guess?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:32 pm 
UKSaabs Trader

9000Parts wrote:
Location of the window for the VIN and the screen markings will end up in the wrong place would be my guess?

I'd guess not, since the plain one isn't handed.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:50 pm 
UKS Encyclopædia G-M

Car Model: 9-5 Aero est. 9-3 Carlsson
I don't know if the NG9-5 shares the same sensing system for the rain sensor as the OG9-5, but when I disconnected the sensor unit, the wipers only worked on slow speed and the flick wipe didn't. As long as the sensor was connected the rest of the wipers worked, even when the sensor was dangling off the screen.

Everything will be OK in the end. If it's not OK, it's not the end...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:01 pm 
UKS Addict

Car Model: 95 Aero Turbo4
BillJ wrote:
welshwizard wrote:
Actually - windscreens are UNOBTAINABLE... most people like myself were satisfied to accept non-HUD glass and it's got to the point they are no longer in stock.... Long backlog of orders say Orio.

I don't know whether you absolutely need the rain sensor - perhaps the wipers won't work without it? If you were really stuck there is a plain windscreen still available without any gadgets. There is a LHD one with rain sensing left in stock but I don't know what the difference is between LHD and RHD. There must be a difference.

That would result in much of the interior having to be altered as well as the trim/interior light switches/mirror and sensor appear to be part of one unit. The screens require a stencil to blank out the innards. I have seen plain windscreens but not on any UK car..

Orio say they have been searching suppliers for screens since at least June.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:16 pm 
TID if you want a cheap but decent remap, speak to Teapot on the vectra-C forum, he gets good reviews and is known as a seriously decent bloke to deal with. I spoke to him via PM about remapping my car, but he (rightfully) put me off a remap until I could get to the bottom of the random stallouts I was having.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:38 am 
UKS Addict

Car Model: 95 Aero Turbo4
Hirsch do a 200PS remap on the TiD, I think £500. NG9-5 2.0 is a different engine to that fitted to the 9-3