UKSaabs

THE site for UK Saab people!
It is currently Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:43 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Advert titles must follow the format: - Item - Year - Model eg. "Alloy Wheels - 2005 9-3"

In an effort to reduce the size of the big orange box, full listing of rules for this section have been stickied HERE. If we notice a marked drop off in compliance with the rules the orange box will be restored.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:12 pm 
UKS Addict

Car Model: 9000 Anni, 9-5s by the score
The ATF was changed when I picked up the car as part of the service, then again in December when it was next serviced because I'd noticed some little "surges". I had the AA rescue me a week later and we've changed the ATF again, this time using my stock of the correct GM stuff. But the gearbox turns into the ultimate slushbox after 10 or 15 minutes and the car get's slushing nowhere.

The diagnosis is that it's the gearbox or more specifically the clutchy bits in it. So I'm on the look for a replacement.

The car is a 2001 9-5 SE 2.3 with the 4-speed auto box. Unless what is on offer is within an hour or so of Wigan and so can be easily collected it would need to be stuffed on a pallet and sent to the garage.

What do you have? How much do you want for it?

Last edited by DeeDub8 on Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:33 pm 
Luger Lout

Car Model: Estella. 2008 Manual 9-5 D
''I don't really know'' if it helps Tim. I have Parts Car STILL outside. Long story. Don't ask.

Anyhoo, Parts Car is a 2007 diseasel auto. If this box will fit, and you are around Swindon tomorrow, take it out, you can have it!

:D

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:21 pm 
UKS Addict

Decluttering Si? :lol:

I think that'll be a 5-speed box which probably wont fit. Though while trawling for info this afternoon I tried to discover if it was possible to do the "upgrade" to the later box and if possible what'd be needed. If it was just the box, matching ECU and gear lever I'd be round. The garage that'll be doing the fitting would be up for trying it.

What'd be needed for access, tool, etc if I popped round?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:36 pm 
Luger Lout

Gear shifter mech went ages ago Tim. Everything else should be here.. Probably best to get what you need nearer to you.

I'd hate to drag you 165 miles away for nothing. Then, send you away with nothing (except a cuppo tea or two.)!

Tis one of them things Tim. If you was here, you could get the bits off, experiment, sell on. etc.. Not bovvered!

Car shouldn't be here. It is. I will try to help other 9-5 ers! As cheap as I can!

I haven't got the V5 anymore. I haven't even got the key! I signed them both over. No money has landed into my pocket. I can still get into it!

Saabotage out!

Or, in. Maybe! :D

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:41 pm 
UKS Addict

I've travelled further for a brew, biscuits and a natter :D

It'd not be tomorrow anyway because my cousin's van is in dock (now I've checked if he's available).
I'd be tempted to try it if nobody said it was impossible because they've tried it.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:55 pm 
Luger Lout

:D

Don't fret Tim. I have no legal control of Parts Car. They have the key and the V5. They haven't paid for owt. So,

Let's fill our boots!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:18 pm 
UKS Addict

Checking part numbers and stuff last night while watching the surprisingly goo TinTin film on Film4 it became obvious that Si's offer was never a goer.

However I have now found a clean looking replacement from the Bay Of Evil. EPC assures me that it fits.
We'll find out soon enough.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]