UKSaabs

THE site for UK Saab people!
It is currently Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:32 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

For full on restorations and major projects only.

Due to the number of topics within the previous Project forum we apologise for not being able to filter all topics to the relevant new forum. Please contact a member of the Admin/Mod team should you feel your topic falls within the remit of the new ''Restorations & Major Projects'' forum.
Your request will be reviewed by the team and, if deemed suitable, moved to the new ''Restorations & Major Projects'' forum.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 811 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41  Next
 Post subject: Re: Meatfeast 9-5 Aero
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:54 pm 
Put a SOC in it!

Car Model: One or two...
meatfeast wrote:
Fliptop wrote:
Good power, Mike, nice one.

*not a dig*

Unfortunately Alistair when I see a post from you that begins with *not a dig* (sic) - it means exactly the opposite, in the same vernacular the term "no offence" means that someone is about to be, or has just been, more offended than they've ever been in their lives by the hand of another.

I have respectfully asked you in the past not to post on my build thread, but given this is a public forum, I've no control of that other than whether you as an individual has the common decency or respect not to do so.

I guess not! :roll:

It's funny how nobody else on UKS has sought to try and undermine, question or belittle what I've achieved other than you. You're motives are always hidden by ambiguous questions - on the surface it's a genuine enquiry, but underneath it's a veiled dig - as is usual for you, anything to try and take away the good that someone has achieved - and all for your own amusement.

And you dare to accuse others of 'Trolling'?!?! - Unbelievable!

Mod edit Again

I hope that I've made my feelings transparent and again may I respectfully ask that you do not comment on my build thread, stay away from me and kindly leave me alone, you're comments, input and/or enquiries are not wanted, required or welcome.

Gosh. Wow!!! I hadn't bothered reading any more replies to this thread after Stu's vitriol-fest a couple of nights back so was surprised to get PMs this evening from mates pointing me at your comment and expressing the same astonishment I felt on reading it.

I guess that says far more about you than it does about me, Mike.

I apologise unreservedly for any offence that my paying attention to your thread may have caused, for paying you a genuine compliment and for asking what was a reasonable and supportive question that you have CHOSEN to view as seeking "to try and undermine, question or belittle" you.

You use the word "belittle" quite a lot. Yet I cannot see anything I have posted in this thread that is belittling.

Whatever insecurities lie behind your response, you seemed quite happy to sell me your Abbott exhaust a few years ago (now happily fitted to FB3, thank you), at a time when you were so peed off with UKSaabs and everyone on it that you even registered a new username so nobody would know who was advertising the exhaust. We had a good chat when I came to over to collect it and you seemed quite friendly then.

I love this place, it's so friendly.... :roll:

96V4s

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:13 pm 
Site Admin

Car Model: Most of them!
It is not often I make a post like this, so please read it and heed it.

Today I had a day away from the computer, spending the day in the shed and went out with friends for dinner this evening. Before turning in for the night I switched the computer on to find my email inbox full. I even broke one of my own rules and looked on facebook to see what was going on, and a long discussion in the mods lounge on how to deal with this thread.

My first thought was to delete everything that was not relevant to the project thread, but to be honest could not be bothered. Instead I have just removed the personal insults so that the posts comply with the forum T&Cs. Basically, a few people who do not like other people have decided to have a public go at each other, for whatever reason. I will say this.

STOP IT!

If you have nothing nice to say, then say nothing. By all means have different opinions, but express them in a polite and friendly manner, courtesy costs nothing.

If it continues, further action up to and including banning will follow, regardless of who it is. UKSaabs has a reputation for being a friendly forum, which does not happen by itself, and I will not allow a few individuals to change that. Read the T&Cs again, and abide by them and all will be happy.

I am certain that I will now be accused of over moderation again, but so be it. This thread is a classic example of what happens when there is no moderation.

To sum up, be nice to each other, or at the least ignore each other, or go elsewhere. I do not want to lose users who post such interesting an useful threads, and the discussions that are provoked, but if that is the cost, then so be it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:16 pm 
Saab Nut

Car Model: 9-3 Neo's & MapTun Bespoke
Hi Mike,

Well finally buddy you did it, I was absolutely over the moon when I read the results. It has been a long time coming but your patience and attention to detail has done you proud sir. Hopefully I will see you at an MMM or something for a catch up and a damn good chat sometime soon.

Take care now my friend and once again, congratulations!

Os

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:31 am 
China Charger

Car Model: Mapped S60 D5
https://youtu.be/z8Vfp48laS8

98 9K 2.3
92 9k CD 18T
99 9-3 19T
00 9-5 Aero S3
96 9K Aero S3

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:46 am 
UKS Addict

Car Model: 9-3 2.8 V6 Saloon and Vert!
Awww I was expecting to see a great video of the car on the rollers then!

Still at least I know to get Gaviscon in for Xmas.

But yes peace to all......

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:05 am 
UKS Addict

Car Model: 9-5
T9 man wrote:
Hi Mike,

Well finally buddy you did it, I was absolutely over the moon when I read the results. It has been a long time coming but your patience and attention to detail has done you proud sir. Hopefully I will see you at an MMM or something for a catch up and a damn good chat sometime soon.

Take care now my friend and once again, congratulations!

Os

Cheers Dr Reid

Thanks so much bud, the results were as much as a shock to me as they were welcome, I always knew where I was trying to get too regarding the integrity of the build and how I wanted it to work, but power wise I wasn't sure what I'd be able to achieve.

The past few years it's become less about headline numbers and more on how I can integrate and capitalise on the hardware mods along with Karl's expertise regarding the tuning side to optimise everything - and I believe I've achieved it.

Certainly not a day I'll forget in a hurry! :shock: :lol:

We definitely need to get together bud, it seems such along time since we last saw you and a good catch up would be great.

Take good care my friend and hopefully we'll see you very soon.

Yamas!

268 Cams
MapTun Nana's
461.4bhp Dynoed

No 'Circa' BS here!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:07 am 
UKS Addict

filathome wrote:
https://youtu.be/z8Vfp48laS8

Cheers bud - it all got a bit tricky I know - but all is good.

Yamas!

268 Cams
MapTun Nana's
461.4bhp Dynoed

No 'Circa' BS here!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:09 am 
UKS Addict

paolo wrote:
Awww I was expecting to see a great video of the car on the rollers then!

Still at least I know to get Gaviscon in for Xmas.

But yes peace to all......

Wise words!

Watch this space regarding the video, there's all manner of footage available but I've not got around to sorting it out as yet. I think my son wants to do a montage type thing for YouTube so hopefully I can get that posted when it's ready.

Yamas!

268 Cams
MapTun Nana's
461.4bhp Dynoed

No 'Circa' BS here!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:29 pm 
Active user

Car Model: 9-5 aero
Cracking read bud , I literally tried to re mortgage when it was on Facebook for sale haha , quick question though , how come you haven't got a intake temp sensor in your delivery pipe ? I only ask as I'm having some big boost pipes made and if I don't need to weld a boss in for a intake temp sensor I won't do :)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:41 pm 
UKS Addict

T5josh wrote:
Cracking read bud , I literally tried to re mortgage when it was on Facebook for sale haha , quick question though , how come you haven't got a intake temp sensor in your delivery pipe ? I only ask as I'm having some big boost pipes made and if I don't need to weld a boss in for a intake temp sensor I won't do :)

Glad you enjoyed reading my build thread - thanks very much.

Never thought about an intake temp sensor for the delivery pipe tbh - we have plenty of info as to how the engine is performing and quite clearly all is good, so unless you feel its absolutely necessary, I'd be inclined to leave it as it is.

The car also has an open SID which enables real time information for pretty much everything I need other than AFR but that is something I've considered doing at some point.

There are still one or two other things I want to do before I look at AFR gauges tho.

Yamas!

268 Cams
MapTun Nana's
461.4bhp Dynoed

No 'Circa' BS here!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:29 pm 
UKS Addict

Car Model: 93 Aero 2.8T cabrio
meatfeast wrote:
The car also has an open SID which enables real time information for pretty much everything I need other than AFR but that is something I've considered doing at some point.

There are still one or two other things I want to do before I look at AFR gauges tho.

Yamas!

I use the app torque pro which will give you an AFR as well as datalog it alongside other measurements such as throttle position, rpm and other PIDs (depends on your car I guess). Uses a Bluetooth dangle available for a few quid off fleabay.

I have it on a spare android phone, 'built into' the car.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:36 pm 
UKS Addict

Car Model: JZW stage 5 9³ v6 Aero
Looking good Mike. Yep....we need some vids ;)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:13 pm 
Active user

meatfeast wrote:
T5josh wrote:

Never thought about an intake temp sensor for the delivery pipe tbh - we have plenty of info as to how the engine is performing and quite clearly all is good, so unless you feel its absolutely necessary, I'd be inclined to leave it as it is.

Yamas!

Did yours not have one as standard in the delivery pipe ? Both my 01 and 03 aero have both got Sensors in but some I have seen haven't so wondering if I can get away with running without it :)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:41 pm 
UKS Addict

Quad_cam_turbo wrote:
meatfeast wrote:

Yamas!

I use the app torque pro which will give you an AFR as well as datalog it alongside other measurements such as throttle position, rpm and other PIDs (depends on your car I guess). Uses a Bluetooth dangle available for a few quid off fleabay.

I have it on a spare android phone, 'built into' the car.

I use the 'Torque' app when I can remember to plug it in - but I never really found the information particularly useful.

Yamas!

268 Cams
MapTun Nana's
461.4bhp Dynoed

No 'Circa' BS here!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:42 pm 
UKS Addict

Griffin Dai wrote:
Looking good Mike. Yep....we need some vids ;)

Cheers Dave - I do have vids but it's just getting organised with them bud - I'll be it sorted soon.

Yamas!

268 Cams
MapTun Nana's
461.4bhp Dynoed

No 'Circa' BS here!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:43 pm 
UKS Addict

T5josh wrote:
meatfeast wrote:
T5josh wrote:

Yamas!

Did yours not have one as standard in the delivery pipe ? Both my 01 and 03 aero have both got Sensors in but some I have seen haven't so wondering if I can get away with running without it :)

The temp sensor is below the dump valve on my Abbott Delivery/Charge pipe.

Yamas!

268 Cams
MapTun Nana's
461.4bhp Dynoed

No 'Circa' BS here!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:55 pm 
Active user

:oops: just looked again and realised their not all like mine above the dump valve lol sorry dude

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:08 pm 
Active user

Car Model: saab 9-5
Any news on this build?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:21 pm 
UKS Addict

turbojolt wrote:
Any news on this build?

Car still going strong, a few other mods on the horizon and recently changed the wheels for a new set of PDW Motorsport ‘Nurburgring’ 18” - gone to an 8.5” width too on these too.

No pics I’m afraid as I can’t use photobucket on here anymore and quite frankly I can’t be bothered to find another photo host.

So all still very good all in all.

Yamas!

268 Cams
MapTun Nana's
461.4bhp Dynoed

No 'Circa' BS here!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:48 pm 
Light Pressure Turbo

Car Model: 2009 9-5 2.3T Turbo Edition
meatfeast wrote:
turbojolt wrote:
Any news on this build?

No pics I’m afraid as I can’t use photobucket on here anymore and quite frankly I can’t be bothered to find another photo host.

Yamas!

I use tapatalk and am able to post pics straight from my phone on here.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 811 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41  Next