UKSaabs

THE site for UK Saab people!
It is currently Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:15 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

For full on restorations and major projects only.

Due to the number of topics within the previous Project forum we apologise for not being able to filter all topics to the relevant new forum. Please contact a member of the Admin/Mod team should you feel your topic falls within the remit of the new ''Restorations & Major Projects'' forum.
Your request will be reviewed by the team and, if deemed suitable, moved to the new ''Restorations & Major Projects'' forum.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 236 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:56 am 
Light Pressure Turbo

Car Model: 1999 9-5 2l SE ESTATE
Great to be supported.....my partner is something of a petrol head (a rare thing it seems), still a work of art you've produced!

I can't imagine how your machine accelerates, I inherited a (tatty, part great, part pants) 300 ish BHP stage 3 Aero (I claim no part in its creation) and that it is breathtaking. Straight line rolling acceleration is better than anything I've owned (or even driven) I think including the VFR! Yours is almost twice the power (and 10 times the looks)!!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:42 am 
UKS Addict

Car Model: Three wheeler
BigHal wrote:
Great to be supported.....my partner is something of a petrol head (a rare thing it seems), still a work of art you've produced!

I can't imagine how your machine accelerates, I inherited a (tatty, part great, part pants) 300 ish BHP stage 3 Aero (I claim no part in its creation) and that it is breathtaking. Straight line rolling acceleration is better than anything I've owned (or even driven) I think including the VFR! Yours is almost twice the power (and 10 times the looks)!!

Only drawback is that my daughter is also a Saab girl so this means that I don’t spend as much time on mine now as I have to split myself in three :?

This latest tune has really woken it up at the bottom end and yes things get blurry very quickly but still nice to nip around in, hopefully there’s still some more left to be had but we’ll find out soon, until you have driven it it’s quite difficult comprehend.

Ade

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:35 pm 
Light Pressure Turbo

Car Model: Saab 9-5 Aero
eddmaster wrote:
until you have driven it it’s quite difficult comprehend.

Ade

Is that an offer? Lol

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:42 pm 
Light Pressure Turbo

Car Model: 1999 9-5 2l SE ESTATE
Ade

I can't see it being a problem having another Saab in the family and how lucky is your daughter having you to help.

If she hadn't got a Saab she'd probably be calling on you anyway so at least you get to spend "quality time" with her with something you really know. I tried to persuade my youngest into the Saab fold, but even a very nice NG95 was too much of a 'dad car' for her. She's got a Hyundai now....and I know nothing about them (other than they do an N series i30, that my partner has her heart set on. But it was her that found my daughter's car when she started researching the N series)!

I'd love to know more about the technicalities of what you have done and when time allows will be re-reading this thread in much greater detail.

In the meantime I have to thank you again for sharing this amazing story/work of art!

THANK YOU!!

Hal

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 7:54 pm 
UKS Addict

It’s been a while since I did an update on this thread after having Karl make some tweaks here and there, so having got all the fuelling and maf re-calibrated and some different latency values for the injectors we need to up the fuel pump, well I want too.. so I’ve added some additional wiring and a remote relay to power the pump directly, I should actually put it back on the rollers and test again but I’ll go for a bigger pump anyway as it will save me a bit of messing about.

Having Karl on hand we both arrived at Gordon’s place for a dyno session at 7:30am one Saturday morning to measure what the mapping effects would be now things were even better and certainly felt much more alive. No additional power was gained but torque was now upto 675nm.

We now need to add more fuel for another near on 2000rpm at the top, hopefully if things get quite I’ll have another run very soon, the car on the day sounded very sweet indeed and a little bonus was some huge screamer flashes as it was tested.

Thanks for looking Ade.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 11:23 am 
UKS Addict

New walbro GST 400 arrived yesterday so some more playtime to be had :twisted:

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 10:46 am 
UKS Addict

Car Model: 93 Aero 2.8T cabrio
Exciting times! Get any vids of it flaming on the rollers?

Love a good bit of afterfire and flame!

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 10:36 pm 
UKS Addict

Quad_cam_turbo wrote:

Sadly not, we had set up the cam for the engine bay but while it ran up on the rollers a huge fireball came from underneath the drivers side but never did it on the second session,

On another note the fuel pump has now been installed into the original basket with a few modifications to accommodate this larger pump and lines but still retaining it’s stock connectivity but deleting the one way in-line valve, another pump arrived today as I like shiny bits and have a fetish for boxes :lol: I could even engineer a twin intank pump arrangement but I’m sure that won’t be nessary.

Thanks for your interest...

Ade

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:58 pm 
UKS Addict

Update,

Pump has now been installed and working just a treat.. must say that the throttle response seems a little better with the new pump and relay wiring instal, I thought it may have been a bit of a placebo affect but I wasn’t the only one to realise that something had improved.

This walbro pump seems to be fantastic and with my other mods including the valve delete in pipe diameter... I hope it pays off, hopefully if I get chance next week I’ll try and slip it on the dyno and see how it’s fairs up.

https://www.demon-tweeks.com/sytec-walb ... lsrc=aw.ds

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:08 am 
UKS Addict

So I don’t think I’ll be able to get to the rollers for a while now which is disappointing due to surgery yesterday :( unless I can convince Michelle to drive it... which is probably unlikely :D

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:17 am 
UKS Addict

Quad_cam_turbo wrote:

No flames but just put this together...

https://youtu.be/xLCWOaeiTNY

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:53 am 
Light Pressure Turbo

Car Model: Saab 9-5 Aero
Great video :D

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:19 am 
Full Pressure Turbo

Car Model: C900 T16S
Fantastic ! :D

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:14 pm 
UKS Addict

Dan1975 wrote:
Great video :D

Thanks Dan I have an update...

Saturday just gone, Michelle and I were down at Gordon’s testing again after some maf re- calibration, back in feb, we went back with Karl to see what the affects would be regards to fuelling, I didn’t what to expect but thought things may have shifted due to the revised map despite feeling very potent.

Things had shifted to the amount we didn’t have enough fuel to rev it safely beyond 5.2k...

Still an impressive result of 502bhp on its first hit.. and 675nm on this run, having now rectified the fuelling further we’re back to its original figure. This would prove to make a very healthy 542.7 bhp in a 24c + ambient compared to the 10c back in December, however we may still be able to go further now we have a good fuel supply but I feel that a larger Dp maybe the next step and or another spring for the WG.

Must say that e4’s figures are very consistent even in high ambient conditions, glad you like the little vid.

Gordon and I hope to bring another Dyno day in December again at his new building, dates and times etc tbc.

Ade

Last edited by eddmaster on Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:15 pm 
UKS Addict

Webby wrote:
Fantastic ! :D

Thanks appreciated 8)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:42 am 
UKS Addict

Just some images of the pump mods and changes that I’ve made.

https://www.instagram.com/p/ByZsPWLFX4p ... qch5qmg04x

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 236 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12