UKSaabs

THE site for UK Saab people!
It is currently Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:02 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 11:49 am 
Just found this shot taken at The Bristol Show in June - David (with glasses on head) is next to Nev and behind the Beetlebrox's. Good day - great memories.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 12:23 pm 
UKS Addict

Car Model: 96TT/900S Cabrio/9-3SW Aero
We were all getting a bit cold by then (hence the shrivelled-up looks and my yellow jacket!) but David! seemed oblivious to it all. A very good day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 12:24 pm 
Active user

Pete Tandino wrote:
Been sitting here watching the thread grow and it has brought tears to my eyes but at the same time a little smile keeps on trying to emerge when i see the good that David brought to alot of people emerging.
My fondest or funniest memories of David where as follows..

At the Anglesey trackday last year John W offered me a bed for the night as he had booked a family room at the Hotel where the majority of track day entrants were staying - he had warned me however that he had a slight problem with snoring :lol: - i just laughed this off and thought to myself how bad can it be - a bit of snoring - pah :lol:
Well later that evening during dinner and drinks David was also offered a bed for the night seeing as Johns room still had a spare - he gratefully accepted as camping locally was the alternative :wink: - David didnt mention however that he too could snore for the England team :shock: .
The night progressed and bedtime beconned - John was first off to sleep and the noise was like nothing ive heard before - a sort of Walrus cry/Animal in distress and this had me and David laughing like schoolboys - i now realised i had made a grave error in the amount of noise that could be produced by the big man John :!:
However all was not lost because as David soon dropped off it became apparent that the two of them snoring in stereo was enough to overcome me placing tissue in each ear and sleeping under the pillow - i had never heard anything like it and once id stopped laughing it dawned on me that i wasnt going to get much sleep at all :lol: :lol:

The man was a great friend and im just sorry that i didnt spend some more time with him before this tragic end to his life.

Pete.

Rubbish I don't beleive a word of this story :oops: :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 3:46 pm 
Unbelievable; there wasn’t a shred of evidence to suggest that this chap was anything other than a thoroughly calm, confident, well liked and sociable person.

Such terrible news.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 4:19 pm 
UKS Addict

*!Removed for GDPR!* wrote:
Unbelievable; there wasn’t a shred of evidence to suggest that this chap was anything other than a thoroughly calm, confident, well liked and sociable person.

It was a big suprise to me too...

Post subject: Thank you!
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 2:09 am 

On behalf of David's family at this tragic time I'd like to say a heartfelt thank you for all the good wishes expressed here. I'm sure my parents will find comfort during the hard months to come in the fact that so many people from so many different spheres knew and loved my brother.

I know the details of the funeral have been posted separately but I'd just like to add that anyone who knew David, whether in RL or online, is most welcome to attend.

Espresso Addict (David's sister)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 10:07 am 
Espresso Addict,

I am sure everyone, be they attending the funeral or not will say a small prayer for David! on Thursday.

Noticed Starfish asked for pictures of David! for a book he is putting together for Davids family. Here's one taken of the presentation of the Saab Trek cheque (trying saying that fast!) , at The Bristol Classic Car Show.

And this one taken at Heli-saabers weekend in Weston last year. I think Nev's knees proved just too much - Stuart and others just stare, David makes a quick exit!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 6:20 pm 
Saab Nut

Here of some pictures I have of David!
They are from this years national and one from the weekend before last.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:45 pm 

As a newbie to the board, I can say that I didn't know David, but I can see from the posts how well liked he was.

All I can say as testiment to him, is that the existence of this board, the quality of it and the friendly nature of it's members was part of the reason why I choose a SAAB as my new car.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:33 pm 
Light Pressure Turbo

I don't frequent this forum very often but have just logged on to discover this very sad news.
I met David! at Nevs just after I bought my 9000 last November. David! gave my car a good going over and checked everything with a Tech2. I took him for a drive so he could check out the performance. We then went out in his 9000 so he could demonstrate "how a well sorted car could go". I gave him stick all afternoon because his developed a fault and would only fire on 3 cylinders. I only met David! the once but he was the sort of guy that left a lasting impression, the sort of person you couldn't help but warm to immediately.
I cant believe it or take it in.
You will be sadly missed David!

Post subject: Re: David!
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:03 pm 
UKS Addict

Car Model: 9000 & mitsubishi asx
5 years on from a tragic loss and the sites still going strong

hope davids looking down on you guys for keeping this place going strong

never met him but sounds like he was a very helpful chap and it looks like some of that has rubbed of on everyone on here

rip david

3 of 6 is and always will be saabsalltheway

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6