UKSaabs

THE site for UK Saab people!
It is currently Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:52 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:20 pm 
Active user

Car Model: 9-5 Aero
’52 9-5 Aero. Black. Saloon. £500. Dundee.

Milage: 201,000
MOT: 21.1.19 - 6 months

I have owned it for just over 5years, bought from Heyes (forum member) in 8th June 2013.

In my time I’ve done (at least this is what I can remember) the following:
- Poly-bushed front and rear when bought.
- New (reconditioned) turbo - bought from ogausden (forum member) November 2015.
- New (reconditioned) fuel pump 2016 - fitted by me, and I’ll explain why I mention this shortly.
- New exhaust 2018
- Drop links 2019
- Auxiliary belt 2019
- Battery 2017
- Tank straps 2018
- Fuel filter two days ago

There have been other wee things, which I’ll try and remember, or see if the mechanic I use can remember anything - Dave Lewis from Cupar, also on here.

The body work is generally okay, however, there are a few wee rusty spots on the rear panels and boot (pictured), the plastic cover for the driver mirror fell of and the paint was peeling of the front spoiler when I bought it, and never got round to painting it.

It does have a small oil leak - temp sensor up the back of the engine, I think I was told?

Two tyres are fine, one is okay and one could do with being replaced - I have a tyre which I’ll put in the boot, then it just needs fitted by a friendly chap.

Has the space saver spare and jack etc.

Things that don’t work are:
- Rear parking sensors
- A/C blows cool, not cold - still clears a foggy screen quickly
- The petrol gauge never reads full, even if you fill that tank up - I fitted the new one, and didn’t quite get it properly in alignment, so the float inside the tank, can’t float to the top of the tank when you fill it up. It does however, read the fuel level properly from 3/4 downwards - so you’ll not run out of fuel. It still works properly, from 3/4 downwards - the important part.
- It occasionally beeps parking light out, when all lights are good - might be a canbus thing after I had the towbar fitted - which i fitted for carrying my bikes!!
- Rear heated seats don’t work - front ones okay and still move electronically.
- Self-leveling lights - they still point correctly, and level themselves correctly when you start the car, but they won’t adjust as the weight of the car changes. This is the only light on the dashboard, but doesn't affect the car in any way.

It’s coming up for being a 17 year old car, so is obviously showing her age a bit.

But it still drives excellently, handles well etc, seems mechanically sound (for someone who has only a rudimentary mechanical knowledge anyway) and is still great fun to drive.

It averages a little over 30mpg, though, on a leisurely drive to Dunnet last year,I got there and back on one tank - 550 miles!!.

It has 6months MOT, so if the new owner decides not to keep it after that time, then given its scrap value is around a couple of hundred quid, it becomes a £300, 6 month car.

Am in Wormit, just outside Dundee, so happy to pick up from Dundee or Leuchars train / bus stations etc.

Some pictures have the 5 spoke Vauxhall alloys, these are my winters which I’ll be keeping, so it will have the standard Aero alloys.

Link to Flickr album of pictures:
https://flic.kr/s/aHskU2cpvW

Thanks
Rob./

Attachments:
saab-3.jpg
saab-3.jpg [ 179.94 KiB | Viewed 695 times ]
saab-2.jpg
saab-2.jpg [ 181.08 KiB | Viewed 695 times ]
Saab-1.jpg
Saab-1.jpg [ 271.93 KiB | Viewed 695 times ]

9-3se Stg1
9-5 Aero

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:57 pm 
Active user

Just spotted typo:

MOT: 21.10.19 - 21st October 2019

9-3se Stg1
9-5 Aero

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:34 pm 
Active user

Car now sold.
Mods, please lock.
Thanks.
R.

9-3se Stg1
9-5 Aero

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]