UKSaabs

THE site for UK Saab people!
It is currently Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:16 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:59 pm 
Saab Nut

Hi,

I have decided to sell my 9-3 Aero. It is a 2007 face-lift metallic black with black leather interior petrol manual with 128k. The bodywork is in good shape bar a scrape on the front bumper and the odd scratch etc. The interior is in good condition other than some wear on the usual soft touch buttons. It passed it's last MOT with flying colours in May (from memory but will check actual date).

It has 4 good Avon ZV tyres. Alloys are ALU59's - some kerb rash so could do with a refurb.

The bad bits

The door locks have been playing up for a while. The drivers doors is currently not working although that could change any day. Probably a loose wire or dirty connector.
The big one is it has recently developed a harsh feeling when revved. Not all of the time but occasionally. This is coupled with some strange rattling noise that seems impossible to track down. It is going in to see if this is the balance chain tensioner this week. I may fix or not depending on interest.

I can only add 3 low res photos so PM me for more and better quality.

Attachments:
IMG_20180709_201809.jpg
IMG_20180709_201809.jpg [ 377.06 KiB | Viewed 891 times ]
IMG_20180709_201829.jpg
IMG_20180709_201829.jpg [ 305.58 KiB | Viewed 891 times ]
IMG_20180709_201746.jpg
IMG_20180709_201746.jpg [ 241.08 KiB | Viewed 891 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:21 pm 
Saab Nut

I forgot to add a few things...

It has been Noobed. 8)
It has the better sound system.
It has had a new clutch and dual mass flywheel in the last couple of years as well.

Not yet had a chance to take it to the garage to get the issues looked at. I will update as soon as I know and either fix or lower the price.

Gaz

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:37 pm 
Saab Nut

Update;

The balance chain tensioner has gone kaput. It still drives okay but not being used daily anymore.

I'm open to offers as it is or if anyone is on the lookout for one of these then perhaps this would be a good buy with a freshly fitted balance chain kit and possible timing chain set too o top of the recently fitted dual mass flywheel and clutch and noobtune stg 1 ecu. 8)

Gaz

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:10 pm 
Saab Nut

The car is now back from Chelmsford Saab who have sorted the balance chain issue and given her a mini service. Shes has been detailed today ready for the next owner and about to be listed on Autotrader tomorrow. I'd rather sell it to someone from the forum so it's a bit cheaper on here :D

So...

Metallic black, black leather, Petrol 6 speed manual Aero with Noobtune Stage 1. Comes with a Parrot bluetooth hands free kit, it has the better 7 speaker audio, cruise, heated seats, dual climate, leather multi-function steering wheel etc.

The only issues that need sorting are a scrape and stone chips on the front bumper and the drivers door lock is a bit temperamental!

Other than that she is ready to go to a new owner.

I have more photos if anyone is interested.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:55 pm 
Saab Nut

The car has been sold. Mods, please delete this thread.

Gaz

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]