UKSaabs

THE site for UK Saab people!
It is currently Tue May 23, 2017 6:57 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:56 pm 
Active user

Car Model: Saab 9-3 Aero Sportwagon
Hello,

Saab 9-3 Aero manual, 2002, 120000miles, £1400, Brentwood Essex

In a very good condition for its age.
Goodies include:
- Maptun stage 2 map
- PFS Viggen rescue kit steering rack clamp
- Speedparts 4-point front brace
- PFS uprated rear anti roll bar
- Bilstein B6 shock absorbers
- Ferrita stainless steel exhaust 2.5inch
- various interior tweaks including Viggen dash fascia (silver) Speedparts leather handbrake gaiter, Speedparts leather armrest, Saab 9-5 matt chrome door handles

To elaborate shortly about the car I'd have to say I bought it 2012 with 68000 miles on the clock. It was honest, stock and unmolested. I had the sump dropped and cleaned twice, got the latest incarnation of breather kit fitted, had the car serviced (engine oil, coolant, fuel filter, spark plugs etc.) and slowly started to tune (this forum to praise/blame; you choose) First went the viggen rescue kit and EBC brakes (Ultimax discs and pads, so no fancy coloured stuff) This improved handling, but did not remedy crashy absorbers which were later changed for Bilstein B6s which work with stock springs really well. I then went Maptun stage 1 with Stage 2 following after uprated rear ARB fitted. In between stages I got the timing and balance chains replaced by Saab Benfleet who also fitted the Ferrita 2.5inch stainless exhaust. All mods were accompanied with last years replacement of control arms and suspension bushes (all genuine SAAB rubber) which made the car handle and steer razor sharp but still comfy. This car had never let me down. I'm selling as just bought myself a dadsmobile 9-3 estate.

As for bad things, there is little rust on rear wheel arches (see pics) and some scratch marks on the body.
PM me if interested.

thanks
Michal

Last edited by paramajka on Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:15 pm 
Active user

Hey,

here's some interior pics
As mentioned above, full Aero interior with premium leather seats, memory, heated etc. Everything works as intended. No missing pixels either on SID or AC control. AC with Auto blowing ice cold. AC compressor exchanged last year for a genuine Saab. Dashboard fascia comes from Viggen. Leather hand brake gaiter from Speedparts. So is real leather centre armrest. Saab 9-5 matt chrome door handles. Auto dimming rear view mirror.

thanks,
Michal

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:41 pm 
Active user

Hi all,

here's some more pics to get your interest
As you notice the car has a genuine, optional Saab sunblind fitted.

As for the boot, 6CD changer, rare and enormously practical rubber mat and a set of 4x Nokian WR AD winter tyres all included in the price

cheers,
Michal

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:48 pm 
Arkwright.

Car Model: 99GL, 9-5 DE & Fiat 500
Locked at the sellers request.

Self righteousness is for the narrow-minded.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]