UKSaabs

THE site for UK Saab people!
It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:32 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:05 pm 

Car Model: 9000 Anni
Exactly as per the title - this is a 1998 (R-Reg) 9000 Anniversary, Manual. B234R 2.3T (TD-04 Turbo)
Black / Black.
~145'000 on the clock.

POSTED PREVIOUSLY - NOW WITH PHOTOS (I can't seem to attached the photos here, they are JPEG files - if anyone could let me know how to attach these I will do so, failing that happy to e-mail photos to people)

Based near Guildford.
I've had it for about 9 years now but had our 1st little one this year and the wife has had enough of me threatening to sort out a couple of bits on the car (details below) and not actually getting around to doing it so she's gone and bought something new (XC60) so has given the 9000 its marching orders unfortunately.

I commute to work on the train so have only put about 30'000 miles on it since purchased - currently SORN and no MOT. I was waiting to get the cash together to get everything done (again, details below) and get it back on the road all at once but with the baby this year has just slipped past.

Last MOT (Nov 2016) went through with no issues at all, a couple of minor advisories (windscreen washer hose disconnected, rubber exhaust hanger perished). I can get it a fresh MOT if buyer pays cost of MOT on top of price above.

The Good:
Starts, runs, drives and pulls perfectly.
Uses no oil
No leaks
Refurbished key fob
Aftermarket CD/Aux-In headunit
Jules HT put a starter re-map in way back when I bought the car
2.5" JT Catback S/S Exhaust
Brembo plain discs front (about 5'000 miles ago from memory - new OEM rear discs at the same time along with EBC pads all round)

The Bad (again, all things that have been on the to-do list but have become less of a priority since the baby):
Rear passenger door lock open doesn't engage - I've been told it could be a solenoid or loose linkage
Driver electric window doesn't work (Car came with a toggle switch in the drivers door which was apparently put in to override a faulty switch connection in the centre console. Informed that this switch would need blanking off and a new switch pack fitting to fully resolve this)
Missing the switch for the electric drivers seat - electric movement & memory still work but the plastic switch-top must have pinged off at some point

The Ugly (in the spirit of brutal honesty!):
Stone chips on underside of front bumper as you would probably expect
Bodywork about what you would expect for the mileage, a few minor dinks from supermarket parking terrorists
Not got the original Anni seats in the front (bolster had gone so replaced)
Occasional tyre deflation - the guys in my local tyre place have said there's nothing wrong with the tyres themselves but that the wheels could do with a re-furb (paint bubbles can apparently cause intermittent tyre deflation.

If you've had one you know how much fun these are to drive, had the baby not consumed (not literally) all of my cash and time this year then I would have had it back on the road and carried on driving it but now that the Volvo is inbound the decision has been taken out of my hands.

As mentioned, happy to get an MOT put through at cost to buyer (I'm confident in it getting through) but time is the issue. If someone's interested and can arrange collection that would be ideal.

PM me if you have any questions or if you're interested.

Thanks,

Elliot

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:15 pm 
Arkwright.

Car Model: 99GL, Fiat 500 & Volvo V70
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=25623

Self righteousness is for the narrow-minded.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:07 am 

Car Model: 9000 Anni
NOW SOLD.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]