UKSaabs

THE site for UK Saab people!
It is currently Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:11 pm

All times are UTC





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:53 am 
Offline
Saab Nut

Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:26 am
Posts: 1676
Location: Perthshire, Scotland.
Car Model: 9000 Android Aeroversary Stg 3
Been thinking about options for a drive later in the year, last couple of years in September we have done Glencoe and Glen Shee via Cairn o'mount. Was chatting to Doive and Donna yesterday and we all thought heading South might be a good option.
Image
From previous years quite a few people seem to have things on in September so I thought I'd post early and see if we can find a weekend that suits most, the Ryder Cup is on the first weekend in October so avoiding that date. If you would like to go but have a holiday planned or other event can you post which weekends suit and we will see if one date jumps out.

Cheers.

Barry.

_________________
Former UKSaabs Fantasy Formula 1 Champion!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:16 pm 
Offline
UKS Addict
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:32 pm
Posts: 5593
Location: Glenrothes, Fife
Car Model: 95, 99, 900, 9000, 93, Sonett
This looks like a cracking run - in the summer, all the bikers are out over Hartside, and generally where the bikers are, the great roads are. I lived in Hexham for ~4 years, and for about three months I was working down in Siddick near Workington and driving it every day over Hartside - what a blast to work in a tuned 9000 :mrgreen: Did a few weekend runs down to Hartside with some pals for a coffee and a bacon roll, loads of bikes, classic cars, and the odd wacky campervan.

Good stopping places I'd suggest on the A68 - obviously the border stop for the obligatory photo. There's a garage I know on the way into Hexham where we could pull in and have a pit stop, maybe a wander across into the very lovely park, toilets etc. Then on down the A689 to the Hartside cafe, excellent coffee and lunch.

We could make the finishing point in Penrith somewhere, but for those who wish to continue on home in a scenic fashion, how's about a run on down via Keswick and a Cumbrian pass or two, back up through Carlisle, then return to Edinburgh via the A7 - a fantastic road. Perhaps drop in and infest a restaurant close to Edinburgh for dinner.

Should be a superb run!

_________________
MY70 95 V4 Van
MY73 95 V4
MY73 Sonett 3
MY83 99GL
MY89 900i S
MY96 9000 Aero
MY02 93 2.2 TiD x2


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:51 pm 
Offline
UKS Addict
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:26 pm
Posts: 5332
Location: North Essex
Car Model: 900Ruby,vert9000 x2, 99,Sonett
Could be interested in this if the timing is right. Maybe doing the Edinburgh to Penrith leg if I'm on my way home or the Penrith to Edinburgh leg if I'm on my way north. I look forward to seeing some dates.

(Anyone doing this should remember that there are over 20 speed cameras between Dalkieth and Carter Bar.)

_________________
I came into this world with nothing & I've still got most of it left.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:01 am 
Offline
Saab Nut

Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:26 am
Posts: 1676
Location: Perthshire, Scotland.
Car Model: 9000 Android Aeroversary Stg 3
Doive wrote:
This looks like a cracking run - in the summer, all the bikers are out over Hartside, and generally where the bikers are, the great roads are. I lived in Hexham for ~4 years, and for about three months I was working down in Siddick near Workington and driving it every day over Hartside - what a blast to work in a tuned 9000 :mrgreen: Did a few weekend runs down to Hartside with some pals for a coffee and a bacon roll, loads of bikes, classic cars, and the odd wacky campervan.

Good stopping places I'd suggest on the A68 - obviously the border stop for the obligatory photo. There's a garage I know on the way into Hexham where we could pull in and have a pit stop, maybe a wander across into the very lovely park, toilets etc. Then on down the A689 to the Hartside cafe, excellent coffee and lunch.

We could make the finishing point in Penrith somewhere, but for those who wish to continue on home in a scenic fashion, how's about a run on down via Keswick and a Cumbrian pass or two, back up through Carlisle, then return to Edinburgh via the A7 - a fantastic road. Perhaps drop in and infest a restaurant close to Edinburgh for dinner.

Should be a superb run!


Some great ideas there although you forgot a stop at the South Gyle Centre then maybe a couple of hours leisure time in Edinburgh :argh: . Seriously though I would be up for a tour of the Lake District after Penrith then probably jet North after that but the A7 would be a good option for those ending in the Edinburgh direction.

Barry.

_________________
Former UKSaabs Fantasy Formula 1 Champion!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:30 am 
Offline
UKS Addict
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:32 pm
Posts: 5593
Location: Glenrothes, Fife
Car Model: 95, 99, 900, 9000, 93, Sonett
Barry72 wrote:
Some great ideas there although you forgot a stop at the South Gyle Centre then maybe a couple of hours leisure time in Edinburgh :argh:

Don't forget a pit stop at Straiton, then Lauder, Melrose, Jedburgh, Carter Bar, Otterburn, East Woodward...

_________________
MY70 95 V4 Van
MY73 95 V4
MY73 Sonett 3
MY83 99GL
MY89 900i S
MY96 9000 Aero
MY02 93 2.2 TiD x2


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:59 pm 
Offline
Saab Nut

Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:26 am
Posts: 1676
Location: Perthshire, Scotland.
Car Model: 9000 Android Aeroversary Stg 3
Doive, what dates can you and Donna make? Think it's time to pick a date and post it and see what interest it gets.

Barry.

_________________
Former UKSaabs Fantasy Formula 1 Champion!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:38 am 
Offline
Full Pressure Turbo
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:54 pm
Posts: 867
Location: Edinburghish
I'm in for this too, we're away the first weekend in September and back on the 19th so it'd need to be the last one for us.

Depending on what sort of mileage people want to do, I could offer some suggestions to avoid the cameras!

_________________
'05 9-5 Aero HOT
'98 BMW 740i
Formerly; 9000 2.3T CSE, 2x 9-3 2.0t, 9-3 Aero HOT


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:39 pm 
Offline
UKS Addict
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:01 pm
Posts: 2123
Location: Boness, Scotland
Checking dates Baz..........

Kev
SOULFIRER
:mrgreen:

_________________
'It's not that we become old and stop playing-
-more we stop playing and become old'
Stg 7+ 9-5AERO


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:05 pm 
Offline
Light Pressure Turbo

Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:54 pm
Posts: 450
Car Model: 9-5 Aero
soulfirer wrote:
Checking dates Baz..........

Kev
SOULFIRER
:mrgreen:

Don't forget Knockhill 30th Sep

_________________
www.nottinghamsaab.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:46 pm 
Offline
UKS Addict
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:01 pm
Posts: 2123
Location: Boness, Scotland
wessy wrote:
soulfirer wrote:
Checking dates Baz..........

Kev
SOULFIRER
:mrgreen:

Don't forget Knockhill 30th Sep


:wink: noted my friend. Will need to have a chat with the Scottish track crew.......
Think we should arrange some Saab supporters too!

Kev
SOULFIRER
:mrgreen:

_________________
'It's not that we become old and stop playing-
-more we stop playing and become old'
Stg 7+ 9-5AERO


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:46 pm 
Offline
Saab Nut

Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:26 am
Posts: 1676
Location: Perthshire, Scotland.
Car Model: 9000 Android Aeroversary Stg 3
soulfirer wrote:
wessy wrote:
soulfirer wrote:
Checking dates Baz..........

Kev
SOULFIRER
:mrgreen:

Don't forget Knockhill 30th Sep


:wink: noted my friend. Will need to have a chat with the Scottish track crew.......
Think we should arrange some Saab supporters too!

Kev
SOULFIRER
:mrgreen:


I'm up for that, could turn up in the old road beast or the new Saab support vehicle.

Image

Thinking about Sunday the 25th for the Penrith run.

_________________
Former UKSaabs Fantasy Formula 1 Champion!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:06 am 
Offline
UKS Addict

Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:47 am
Posts: 2580
Location: Aberdeen,UK
Car Model: C900S LPT Vert 1993
I like it Barry 8)

Guinness on the table, fresh air, Captains Chair, fire up the Barby . . . . . .Reeeeelaxing time :wink:

Spell check changes Barby into Barry :park: . . . .I won't go there !

_________________
96 V4 1968
99 GL 1984
C900 16i Vert 1992
C900S LPT Vert 1993

"We are one, we are SAAB"


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group

follow UKSaabs on Twitter



UKSaabs silhouette logo images by Mark Green www.greenphotos.com
"subsilver2" slightly bodged by UKSaabs for our own use.

:: Disclaimer ::
Comments posted here are the views of their individual authors and are not necessarily shared by the owners of this Web site.
Authors assume all responsibility for comments posted here.

UKSaabs The biggest and best privately owned UK based independent Saab forum for all SAAB enthusiasts.
Whilst we encourage our users to support our advertisers the site wishes to remain independent and therefore does not endorse any particular advertiser(s)
UKSaabs is not affiliated with Saab Cars UK or Saab Automobile AB