UKSaabs

THE site for UK Saab people!
It is currently Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:18 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Advert titles must follow the format: Wanted - Model - Location. eg. "Wanted 9-3 LPT, Glasgow"

In an effort to reduce the size of the big orange box, full listing of rules for this section have been stickied HERE. If we notice a marked drop off in compliance with the rules the orange box will be restored.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:39 pm 

Car Models: Mercedes Vito Crew Cab Sport
Hi All

I'm new to this forum and looking for one of my favourite cars from my past! I am after a classic 900 full pressure turbo, ideally a 3dr, but I would consider a cabrio as an option. Colour not important, but I would like one in decent order and not a restoration project. I have cash waiting and will travel anywhere for the right car.

I have just sold my last pride and joy which I owned for over 10 years (2004 Mercedes S211 E55 AMG estate) and am now looking for something a little different. I owned a 1992, K registration black 3dr turbo 16s back in the late 90's and still miss that lovely engine sound now. Ok, my supercharged V8 AMG, sounded fantastic too as was very quick, but whenever I've seen a classic 900, they always made me smile.

Any info on one if available would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Simon

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:16 am 
Active user

Car Models: Saab C900 T16S
Check out the hairpin company in Combe Bassett, traditionally they sell an array of extraordinary classic sports cars, but they have an immaculate 65,000 mile T16S in red coming in, I’m not sure it’s on their website just yet, and I’m sure it will be pricey but it will be very good.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:13 pm 

BenDHD wrote:
Check out the hairpin company in Combe Bassett, traditionally they sell an array of extraordinary classic sports cars, but they have an immaculate 65,000 mile T16S in red coming in, I’m not sure it’s on their website just yet, and I’m sure it will be pricey but it will be very good.

Thanks for the heads up.
The car has just come onto their website. Looks a very nice example, but worryingly no price shown. I suspect such a car through a dealer like that will probably carry a premium. I have emailed for info.

Heyes - I didn’t receive your text.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:42 am 

BenDHD wrote:

I got a reply from Hairpin. They’re asking £28K, with offers considered. That is some way beyond my budget. It does look a nice car and I suspect will probably go to a collector and be stored away.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:03 pm 
Active user

Car Models: Saab C900 T16S
That’s some spicey pricey! And in my experience with them, he generally gets near enough the price he wants. However, if you wait a while you’ll find one for around a third of that, they might need a bit of work, or you could look abroad, autoscout have quite a few.

Failing that maybe call Martin at Jamsaab to see if he knows of any, or some of the guys like Hagstrom or TR autos in Yeovil or Saab Farm in Cornwall etc?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:36 pm 
Active user

Car Models: c900 9kaero/griffin/carlsson
I have a black 3 door 1990 t16s which I plan to sell circa £8k. If interested PM me with an email address and I will send photos.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:04 pm 

rjy395 wrote:
I have a black 3 door 1990 t16s which I plan to sell circa £8k. If interested PM me with an email address and I will send photos.

Hi

I don’t think I’ve got enough posts to send you a PM. I’d definitely be interested, so would you be able to WhatsApp me some details/pics?

Cheers

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:38 pm 
Saab Nut

Car Models: Ruby
Hi,

I am preparing my T16S to sell in the not too distant future. If you haven't found joy elsewhere, please let me know and I'll post details to you. 1993 T16S Ruby 150/150 - the last one.

H.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:33 am 

Honeyman wrote:
Hi,

I am preparing my T16S to sell in the not too distant future. If you haven't found joy elsewhere, please let me know and I'll post details to you. 1993 T16S Ruby 150/150 - the last one.

H.

Hi
I’m in no rush to buy a car, I’m just happy to wait for the right one to turn up. So yes I’d be interested in your Ruby. Probably best to WhatsApp me the info.
Cheers
Simon