UKSaabs

THE site for UK Saab people!
It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:59 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Advert titles must follow the format: Wanted - Model - Location. eg. "Wanted 9-3 LPT, Glasgow"

In an effort to reduce the size of the big orange box, full listing of rules for this section have been stickied HERE. If we notice a marked drop off in compliance with the rules the orange box will be restored.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:30 am 
Active user

Car Model: '91 T16S 'vert & 9-5 Aero
The recent arrival of a 5-year old girl in our lives, means that our beloved C900 'vert is now deemed too small to carry her, SWMBO, dog and all necessary accompaniments and so is being retired for high days & holidays only. In its place we are looking for a big, fast, comfortable mile-eater. Prefer high-spec 2.3T Vector, Arc or Aero. Ideally with manual box but will consider autos. I'm no mechanic, so don't want a project or basket case - and ideally a full service history. Condition & maintenance much more important than mileage. (Our vert is on over 230,000, and is expected to go on for another 100,000 :wink: ) I am based in London & Somerset, and am regularly in various places all over S England, so can travel for the right car.

As it's our first 9-5, I'm as likely to test the waters with an OK'ish sub-£1K car as I am to pay £3K for a long-term keeper

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:36 pm 
Active user

After further discussions with SWMBO, Auto's are only for 'Old People' - ie those older than 54 - so it's now got to be a manual :?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:17 pm 

Car Model: 95 Aero sedan 2004
If you're going for a manual 95 then options are going to be limited. There are not many out there as most are autos. Go for the 2.3 petrols and I think you'll find them plenty quick enough in auto.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:17 pm 

Car Model: 95 Aero sedan 2004
If you're going for a manual 95 then options are going to be limited. There are not many out there as most are autos. Go for the 2.3 petrols and I think you'll find them plenty quick enough in auto.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:51 am 
Active user

Now sorted with a decent low mileage 2001 Aero for £850. Previous owner had it for 12 years, is a SAAB enthusiast and has a 900 Classic and another 9-5 - hence it's only been doing a couple of thousand miles a year for the past few years. Now i just need to work out how to get the ECU to Mr Noob without my wife finding out. :D :D :D

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:35 pm 
Luger Lout

Car Model: Half a 9-5 + half a van.
No worries. I will drop one off to him. You will have to supply all the info, I will just drop off an ECU on me travels.

I have to be in Loughborough on Monday/ Friday next week.

Dancing on a Highway Somewhere..

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:48 am 
UKS Addict

Car Model: og aero, Viggen
beinghuman wrote:
Now sorted with a decent low mileage 2001 Aero for £850. Previous owner had it for 12 years, is a SAAB enthusiast and has a 900 Classic and another 9-5 - hence it's only been doing a couple of thousand miles a year for the past few years. Now i just need to work out how to get the ECU to Mr Noob without my wife finding out. :D :D :D

Just say to her it's all about getting more mpg :D