UKSaabs

THE site for UK Saab people!
It is currently Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:58 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:02 pm 

Car Models: BMW E86 Z4
Hi all,

Just wondering what the best way to enable my phone to play through the stereo system on my car. It is a sat nav model (if this makes any difference).

On my last car (not a Saab) I was able to drill a hole in the bottom of the centre console and an an aux input, as the aux option was available on some models, so the functionality was there I just needed to enable it.

I gather this is not the case with the Saab 9-5, so I was wondering what a good alternative is.

I've tried those devices in the past where you tune them through the radio to an unused frequency. I havent used these for a couple of years but I never found them great due to interference and not very good sound quality. (I used a couple but its possible they were just not briliant devices or the technology has improved since then, so please correct me if this is no longer the case).

I'm also aware that I could look at replacing the centre display with one of those third party units to get full functionality + car play etc. I may look at doing this in the future but I'd rather not do this now. I'm really just looking for a way to play media from my phone through the speakers, I'm not bothered about any other functionality such as phone calls etc.

Any help appreciated,

Cheers.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:33 pm 
UKS Addict

Car Models: E2 & The Old Tart
Do you play CDs at all or would you prefer to use a BT/MP3 source?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:21 am 

Car Models: BMW E86 Z4
CitTone wrote:
Do you play CDs at all or would you prefer to use a BT/MP3 source?

I can't see a situation that I would ever play a CD (or want to!). So if I lose that functionality it would not bother me at all. (Likewise for the satnav)