UKSaabs

THE site for UK Saab people!
It is currently Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:05 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:09 pm 
UKS Encyclopædia G-M

Car Model: 9-5 Aero est. 9-3 Carlsson
I came across this info while clearing out some rubbish. It may work. It may not. But I came across it some years ago and it was given to me by a reliable source. By the time I received this, I had sold the car, so I never tried it.

But, this was suggested as a method of improving the bass boost on the 9-5 audio with the top of the range AS3/ Harman Kardon 9 speaker (8 in the estate) audio system. It may only work on the 1998-2005 cars because the buttons mentioned don't exist on the Dame Edna (or at least, not on the cars with satnav).

1. Turn ignition key on.

2. Turn radio off.

3. Hold down TP/PTY button and turn radio back on. Release the TP/PTY button.

4. Use the (I think) seek buttons to scroll through the menu until you get to "Start Volume". This is usually preset to 09.

5. Use the volume button to the Start Volume form 09 to something like 25 or 30 (Max is 40). You may need earplugs because the radio will get VERY LOUD.

6. Press another button on the radio to exit the Start Volume section. The radio should, but may not, go quiet.

7. Turn off the radio. The new Start Volume has been set. But in the case of the HK/AS3 this should also set a higher bass boost.

8. Turn on the radio. But it will start up VERY LOUD again because that's what you set. Quickly turn the volume down to the level you want for normal listening. The volume will change but the bass boost should be still as set previously.

9. Turn the radio off, then on again. The set should have remembered the volume setting from when it was switched off, not the very loud setting. Continue listening and see if the bass response has changed. Hopefully it has.

Everything will be OK in the end. If it's not OK, it's not the end...