All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:14 pm 
UKS Addict

Car Model: 9-5 Aero HOT - :-)
Anyone got any recommendations for a double din that does the following:

Hands free
DAB

&

Will mirror my iphone so i can have google maps and Waze appear on the screen?

Ive seen a couple of kenwoods at around £400 but was hoping for something quite a bit cheaper.

Ta

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:42 pm 
Active user

Car Model: 2005 9-5 Aero
There's the Sony XAV-AX1005DB for around £230 new but I would recommend the Kenwood DMX7017DABS for around £300 (or around £250 used). The Kenwood is last years model now but still has current features including everything you need. If your fitting it to your 9-5, you'll need this ISO to RCA adapter and a 4 channel ground loop isolator to interface correctly the the Saab factory amp (either the 7 speaker or 9, they both use the same connections). Optionally you'll need the steering wheel adapter too which InCarTec sell if you wish to retain the steering wheel controls.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:48 pm 
UKS Addict

Ive got a double din Kenwood in the 9-5 currently and its spot on, so happy to have another kenwood - it looks better in my eyes to the Sony too.

Actually its for the Alfa, a car i hardly drive but i reckon it might do time in the 9-5 as should be a quick swap over.

Thanks for the recommendation.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:56 pm 
UKS Encyclopædia G-M

Car Model: 9-5 Aero est. 9-3 Carlsson
Just changed my Kenwood for a Pioneer sph-da230dab works well. Phone links with Bluetooth for phone and USB for Apple CarPlay/Android.

Everything will be OK in the end. If it's not OK, it's not the end...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:34 pm 
UKS Addict

Car Model: 97 9000 Aero 2.3T
What i have just got.

The Atoto A6 Pro, PRB model. £260 on Amazon.
Pictures of it in my thread here >>
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=198773

Very nice, im really chuffed with it.
These are the best of all the andriod units. The firmware has been matured over 2.5yrs. And its the same firmware for all their models so its very well refined.
The PRB model also has a high end Toshiba Class AB amp with 28watts RMS per channel.

It does mirroring, but im just using Google maps directly on the unit. Quick as.....
Downloaded an offline map of the entire south of the UK. About 1.7GB.

16 A200d 2.2 AMG

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:33 am 
UKS Addict

Right, the Pioneer looks really good but then the A6 Pro has built in GPS etc and great value, loads of features. Not sure about the stick on buttons.

The Brera has a big ole dash and one 12v socket so a trad satnav with its cable trailing isnt a great solution, hence having it on the HU either built in or mirrored.

Ultimately, the idea is to make the Alfa a bit more saleable in the Spring - hands free, touch screen - will bring it bang up to date and hopefully get it shifted. On the other hand I am loving the Brera and thinking little schlep across Europe would be nice and deffo need a better HU then.

But with resale on my mind have to consider a brand v unknown brand - - will that even make any difference?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:23 am 
UKS Addict

Atoto does not have stick on buttons?.

16 A200d 2.2 AMG

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:10 am 
Active user

I was looking at the Atoto A6 as well, but its hard to tell if it has DAB natively, or if an add on box is required, these seem to be an extra £50 or so which quickly stops it being a bargain.

I quite like the idea of the Android native navigation apps and such, but am also slightly concerned about how it will link to my iPhone, but I guess as long as it controls and shows the music/podcasts etc, there's nothing else really required although the ability to read and reply to texts via voice and see it on screen may be useful.

currently I am leaning towards the Pioneer, partly because I already have the steering control interface from my previous vehicle

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:49 am 
UKS Addict

My full wish list would include a CD player, yup still use them. I expect though that menus on a touch screen will make it easier to select between the 40 odd albums on my USB stick currently - -which wont name label on my current Kenwood DPX 7100- A real pain even though you get used to whereabouts the album you are after is in the numerical list.

DAB - absolute must for me. The Brera poses some aerial issues however. The windscreen is far too sloped to be any good for a windscreen dab aerial - they seem to be rubbish anyway. Almost pointless on the 9-5- Pug suggested a bee sting so shark tooth gone and the reception is fabulous (even in Blackwall tunnel :-)).

No roof aerial aperture either but the FM aerial in the rear quarter window is vertical and within a mm, by coincedence, of being the same length as my roof mounted DAB aerial on the 9-5 so i have got a FM to DAB aerial converter, non powered as the aerial is already powered.

Failing that apparently a bee sting will work well even if in the boot - Brera has square inner wheel arch covers so nice easy place to mount.

Might order today and sit in the car for hours tomorrow with the rain coming down - indoor play day if you will.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:30 pm 
UKS Addict

Simps wrote:
I was looking at the Atoto A6 as well, but its hard to tell if it has DAB natively, or if an add on box is required, these seem to be an extra £50 or so which quickly stops it being a bargain.

I quite like the idea of the Android native navigation apps and such, but am also slightly concerned about how it will link to my iPhone, but I guess as long as it controls and shows the music/podcasts etc, there's nothing else really required although the ability to read and reply to texts via voice and see it on screen may be useful.

currently I am leaning towards the Pioneer, partly because I already have the steering control interface from my previous vehicle

Yes the A6 and A6 Pro both need the module for DAB.
Screen mirroring works out of the box for Andriod, but if you have Apple then you need another adaptor for that as well. Due to the Apple licensing charge for Mirroring its products.

16 A200d 2.2 AMG