UKSaabs

THE site for UK Saab people!
It is currently Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:19 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:14 pm 
Full Pressure Turbo

Car Model: '98 9000 cse (aero) Lpg
I missed out on the last one, which I believe was just over a year ago at GotBoost in Bridgend.
I'm keen to put my 9000 on the rolling road and do both a petrol and and LPG run to compare power losses (if there is any) and get a feel for how well she's running in general.

I appreciate not everyone needs to do this again, but for those like me who missed the opportunity and don't want to travel half way across the UK to use on, or indeed pay full whack for single runs, I thought i'd throw the idea out there and the offer of organising it as well.

I emailed Got Boost about running another club day and they came back to me with the following:

"Hi Chris,

Club Days are priced as follows;
5-10 vehicles - £50 each
11-20 vehicles £40 each – Organiser gets his/her run for FREE
21-30 vehicles £35 each – Organiser gets his/her run for FREE

We require a £100 booking deposit for all club days, and confirmed numbers attending at the time of booking, we request that the organiser collects full payment from all club members prior to arriving, to confirm and receive the above discounts. A normal power run with printout is £60.
We will include AFR and boost pressure where applicable on the printouts."

This is more expensive than last year with them apparently, by about £10, £5 and £5 respectively. But i suppose things have moved on a year, and prices to fluctuate as required by business.

If people are interested, then let me know and we can start throwing around dates and numbers and see what sticks.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:38 pm 
Saab Nut

Car Model: 2009.5 9-5 2.3T TE St4 Auto
I've just been looking at getting a base-line RR run done over the Christmas break before I put the TT hybrid on. Potentially interested if this is going to be done soon but I really was not impressed with the service we got there last time - we were hurried through before they poured over all the 'interesting' Ford ST's and M3's etc...

The last day also was bitterly cold (February I think) and there are really no facilities there to do anything. Club days in the winter are not the best idea! You feel obliged to hang around for the final guys as they were there watching your run at the start.

I see there is another rolling road between Pontyprydd and Treharris - T2 Motorsport - anybody got any experience of this?

The other I was looking at as more convenient for me than Gotboost was Interpro near Thornbury, just over the m4 bridge.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:55 pm 
Full Pressure Turbo

Car Model: '98 9000 cse (aero) Lpg
Fair enough,
it was a good while ago that i posted that up, and I got zero response, so I can only assume that most people weren't interested.
So i'll just have to look at it for myself. I don't want to splash £100 on 2 comparative runs, when in reality the results mean nothing to me.
If it's 20/30 quid a throw, then maybe i'd be tempted.

until then, the seat of my pants dyno will have to do.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:39 pm 
Active user

Car Model: Saab 9-5 2.3t
I'd be up for a dyno day at Bridgend
Paul

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:15 pm 
Saab Nut

Car Model: 2009.5 9-5 2.3T TE St4 Auto
Blinkinink wrote:
Fair enough,
it was a good while ago that i posted that up, and I got zero response, so I can only assume that most people weren't interested.
So i'll just have to look at it for myself. I don't want to splash £100 on 2 comparative runs, when in reality the results mean nothing to me.
If it's 20/30 quid a throw, then maybe i'd be tempted.

until then, the seat of my pants dyno will have to do.

I think the last group day was £40 per car.