UKSaabs

THE site for UK Saab people!
It is currently Wed May 27, 2020 3:50 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 214 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:52 am 
UKS Addict

Car Model: 11 cars
So why don't they give you wheel horse power, should of had a big fan blowing cold air at front..
Now some of you have dyno figures, maybe you should try another dyno and compare.. maybe this one is not accurate as most of you expected way more.. Karl will know what figures where like or should be close to..
Was there not any good powered Volvo's...?
Faero.. Phil.. you'll just tear the rollers out.. :lol:

Saabocus
Astra GTC
6 Saabs
2 Others
Focus ST

RX8 B204

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:32 am 
China Charger

Car Model: 2020 Leon Cupra S1
Car 55 wrote:
So why don't they give you wheel horse power, should of had a big fan blowing cold air at front..
Now some of you have dyno figures, maybe you should try another dyno and compare.. maybe this one is not accurate as most of you expected way more.. Karl will know what figures where like or should be close to..
Was there not any good powered Volvo's...?
Faero.. Phil.. you'll just tear the rollers out.. :lol:

The local lads who regularly use it reckon it's pretty accurate. 277bhp for a stage 3 9-5 Aero (which is effectively what Mr Bens is IIRC) is pretty much on the money. Perhaps peopleS expectations were a little to high?

98 9K 2.3
92 9k CD 18T
99 9-3 19T
00 9-5 Aero S3
96 9K Aero S3

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:21 am 
Full Pressure Turbo

Car Model: Nissan 350z & 9-3 vert
Mine made 230bhp with obvious boost leaks. Stage 3 B204. It sounds about right tbh.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:24 am 
Active user

Car Model: 9-3 Aero Turbo (210bhp)
I'm in hampshire so would be up for this. I know of another V6 owner who would be too.

Ben

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:09 am 
UKS Addict

Car Model: 96 V4 & 9-3 Turbo-X
Benji wrote:
I'm in hampshire so would be up for this. I know of another V6 owner who would be too.

Ben

I've been thinking of organising one on the south coast. Just not sure there would be enough people left who would be interested in it for it to be worthwhile.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:14 pm 
UKS Addict

Car Model: og93 RWD trackcar + 93aeroxwd
Simonty wrote:
Mine made 230bhp with obvious boost leaks. Stage 3 B204. It sounds about right tbh.

I did 267Bhp with a stage 3 on its o.e T25 turbo on a dyno.

9-3 Aero V6 XWD 2009 310Bhp / 470nm

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:12 am 
UKS Addict

Car Model: BMW 530d Msport
Either way im up for a better ventilated dyno, happy with my torque figure though that's bang on....though I shouldn't be above a 2010 dame edna stage 3...I'm sure they came out the factory at 260bhp!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:57 am 
Saab Nut

Car Model: 4x9-3,Trackcar,9000CSE+CDE
IMHO you have to consider a few things before you knock the dyno/operator i.e. weather, outside temps state of tune/issue with the car and parts changed since last session.

My Viggen made 255bhp so was not happy as on my normal dyno it has made 299bhp and 388ftlbs but that was 10k miles ago and there has been hardware changes, new everything, DI, new Forge acuator, MAF, intake sensor trying to elliminate on going problems with a low Mreg.

Karl and the dyno/operator found that the acuator was not set up right and there is possible a fueling issue hence the low figures, to me it's not an exact science (not got a clue on software) so I only go on what Karl says, as you should do after all he knows his stuff so when its sorted I'll go to my usual Dyno and have another go.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:03 am 
UKS Addict

Car Model: 9-5
Mr_Ben wrote:
Either way im up for a better ventilated dyno, happy with my torque figure though that's bang on....though I shouldn't be above a 2010 dame edna stage 3...I'm sure they came out the factory at 260bhp!

I've always looked at the Dyno simply as a tool that provides you with a benchmark, to show what you've achieved so far, how comparable it is to other cars/engines in a similar "Stage" of tune, where and how there is room for further tuning tweaks and optimisation and generally if the car/engine is running well.

I'd certainly not get upset if you didn't achieve the figures you were expecting, especially as your figures are about right for your current set up Ben, you should be really happy with what you achieved and use it to push forward, especially when you think that just a couple of months ago your car was still a 2.0!

As I understand it there were no AFR figures provided either, which would've been able to explain a lot more info - so another thing to consider the next time you roll the car - information is the most important factor, so get as much of it as you can.

Think of the session as a guide and use the positive to reassure you that you're on the right track and any areas that you're not so happy with as a starting point for your next foray into ramping up your tune.

But from where I'm standing, your figures are very respectable bud!

Onwards!

Yamas!

268 Cams
MapTun Nana's
461.4bhp Dynoed

No 'Circa' BS here!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:10 am 
UKS Addict

meatfeast wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:

I've always looked at the Dyno simply as a tool that provides you with a benchmark, to show what you've achieved so far, how comparable it is to other cars/engines in a similar "Stage" of tune, where and how there is room for further tuning tweaks and optimisation and generally if the car/engine is running well.

I'd certainly not get upset if you didn't achieve the figures you were expecting, especially as your figures are about right for your current set up Ben, you should be really happy with what you achieved and use it to push forward, especially when you think that just a couple of months ago your car was still a 2.0!

As I understand it there were no AFR figures provided either, which would've been able to explain a lot more info - so another thing to consider the next time you roll the car - information is the most important factor, so get as much of it as you can.

Think of the session as a guide and use the positive to reassure you that you're on the right track and any areas that you're not so happy with as a starting point for your next foray into ramping up your tune.

But from where I'm standing, your figures are very respectable bud!

Onwards!

Yamas!
cheers mike and jtc, should probably get a few more mods done before I go again

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:10 pm 
Full Pressure Turbo

Car Model: DE 9-5 V/S TiD SAL.
Well after my V70 R seemed to have a binding front brake or wheel bearing issue at this RR day, I've kept a very close eye on excessive heat build up this week, and everything seems good to me. Unless whatever the issue was freed itself at this day, then I'm at a loss to explain it....

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:39 pm 
UKS Addict

markthefoamman wrote:
Well after my V70 R seemed to have a binding front brake or wheel bearing issue at this RR day, I've kept a very close eye on excessive heat build up this week, and everything seems good to me. Unless whatever the issue was freed itself at this day, then I'm at a loss to explain it....

You gave it a good trash mark?
Maybe something was stuck between your caliper and disc causing the heat and the smell? If not have you tryed banging your cat (no pun intended :lol: ) it could be that that's no good and had it

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:37 pm 
UKS Addict

Car Model: 9-5 AERO Tune De la Noob
Massive apologies to all that know me, i had taken one to many antihistamines and had to leave earlier before i made even more of a dingleberry of myself :)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:38 am 
UKS Addict

Carst wrote:
Massive apologies to all that know me, i had taken one to many antihistamines and had to leave earlier before i made even more of a dingleberry of myself :)

You was fine mate no worries

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 214 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11