UKSaabs

THE site for UK Saab people!
It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:07 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:54 pm 
Active user

Car Model: 9-3 turbo stage 3
Makes sense but frustrating at the same time. Post 3 i think my 2nd hasnt been authorised yet :(

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:42 pm 
The Drag Stripper

Car Model: 2013 pipe and slippers qashqai
I remember the spam we use to get,its a small price to pay for a stable forum.a quick few comments on a few posts gets most over the threashold.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:05 pm 

Car Model: 93 TTiD Vector Sport 180
Hi Guys

Finally found this thread and worked out what was going on re post count. Have used the forum for getting information before, and as said above, great feel to the forum.

Cheers

Jim

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:17 am 

Car Model: 93 aero convertible
Glad I found this been trying to reply to pm as new user for the past 2 days, one more post to go

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:07 pm 

Car Model: 93 Tt4id Wagon
Hello everyone.

I've just bought my first SAAB having wanted one since my dad had his 99GL in dorado brown. What a tank that was! I've a lovely black 93 TTid4 wagon. It's an automatic with low mileage. I'm looking forward to many years of happy comfortable motoring.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:01 pm 

Car Model: 900 & 9-3
Hi everyone,

Good policy, this will be my fifth message.

Best regards,
Dedec

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:40 pm 
Active user

Car Model: 2005 Saab 9-5 Aero HOT estate
I registered at 6.30pm (roughly) and it's now 21.34pm and at first I was wondering what I had done wrong or accidently pressed to need my posts approved by a moderator and I couldnt send a PM tell anyone about it?.. Now I've read this thread it all makes sense.

Hopefully I wont be long in exceeding the 5 posts, as I have a number of queries I hope some of you can help with :D

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:26 am 

Car Model: Vauxhall Vectra 1.9 CDTI Sri
Just some feedback from a new user....I can only say although I understand the reasons this has been put in place, the length of time to have a post approved is long and has made the use of the forum very fustrating. I understand you have day jobs but I posted last night around 8pm and I'm still waiting 8am the next morning for them to be approved :( People have replied to my original post and I feel it's rude that many hours later it doesn't look like I can be bothered to reply, which I have.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:16 am 
Site Admin

Car Model: Most of them!
agblee1970 wrote:
Just some feedback from a new user....I can only say although I understand the reasons this has been put in place, the length of time to have a post approved is long and has made the use of the forum very fustrating. I understand you have day jobs but I posted last night around 8pm and I'm still waiting 8am the next morning for them to be approved :( People have replied to my original post and I feel it's rude that many hours later it doesn't look like I can be bothered to reply, which I have.

I understand your frustration, but I am afraid the only alternative is to be flooded with spam. It is holiday season, a couple of the moderators had graduations to go to, I am typing this from work which is a boat in the Norwegian north sea, so from time to time there will inevitably be a delay, but your post from 8pm yesterday was approved at 8:39 pm. A 39 minute delay is not bad in my book :D

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:18 am 

TFatC wrote:
agblee1970 wrote:

I understand your frustration, but I am afraid the only alternative is to be flooded with spam. It is holiday season, a couple of the moderators had graduations to go to, I am typing this from work which is a boat in the Norwegian north sea, so from time to time there will inevitably be a delay, but your post from 8pm yesterday was approved at 8:39 pm. A 39 minute delay is not bad in my book :D

Thanks for your reply :D , but 2 posts from last night are still missing :(

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:27 am 
Arkwright.

Car Model: 2x 99GL, C900i & Volvo V70
Quote:
Thanks for your reply :D , but 2 posts from last night are still missing :(

You have your 5 now, so there should be no further delays.

Your missing posts were probably either duplicates or 'off topic' posts if posted in the classifieds and may not have been approved for those reasons.

Self righteousness is for the narrow-minded.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:29 am 
Site Admin

Car Model: Most of them!
Yes, looking through the logs they were disapproved as being duplicates!

Still, as Mal says, you now have 5 so no more delays and you will be able to use the PM system.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:31 am 

Many thanks for the replies, weird how they were disapproved as duplicates. Anyway as you say now post count is high enough hopefully all is well :D

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:49 am 

Car Model: 9-3 Cabriolet 2.0T Aero
Hallo :)

New here today. The 5 post buffer is a great idea; I don't use a lot of forums now but I have abandonded forums in the past because of spamming.

I now (as of 2 weeks ago) have a 2006 9-3 Cabriolet 2.0T Aero with 44000 miles on it which has replaced my (owned for 7 years) 2003 Astra SRi. The Astra had better road manners and ride but the Saab is not uncomfortable by any means, and getting the roof down is priceless even now when it's cold - I just wear a hat n gloves :)

The dashboard is the older 'jet fighter' style which is button-heavy but it's all very logical and actually it's refreshing to be able to just press a nice big solid button rather than go through mobile-phone-like menus and options as on some new cars. The car has a Parrot 3200 bluetooth fitted but I guess this is not fully integrated becuase the phone button on the steering wheel does nothing and I turn the music volume down manually when I get/make a phone call.

I've just had the free visual inspection done by Saab/Seat/Ford Western in Newcastle and I'm going back to get the software upgrade for a tenner; also considering the fixed monthly payment to cover servicing and MOTs and get 10% off repairs. (The car came with a 12-month warranty but not covering wear and tear of course.)

Sorry for the long first post - mod will be cursing me!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:20 am 

Car Model: After a Vectra 2.8T Elite
Hi all,

Just joined as of this evening!

Seems a great idea to have the delay in approving posts, I've been on umpteen car forums (fora?) over the last 12 years, and every now and again they'd be hit with a raft of spam posts which just annoyed everyone. Looking forward to being around for a while on here :)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:06 pm 

Car Model: 93 linear
hi new user here as well i did post in the newbies bit but it might of been first post wrong place not sure but anyhow im over in eastanglia in chatteris and am the owner of a lovely 93 1.9tid 150 saloon love the car my first saab and very possibly not the last either if i ever replace it

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 7:08 pm 
Active user

Car Model: C900 T16S 2DR + 9-3TTiD Aero
Hi all.

A new user post so I can reply to my PM.

Cheers.
SG

My other haunt. www.retrobike.co.uk

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:37 am 

Car Model: 2006 Saab 9-3 Aero 2.0T
Hello, new user from Suffolk just making another post so you don't have to keep approving mine!

Also know odd stuff about rotaries. :)

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 1:52 pm 

Car Model: 9-3 1.9tid (150)sportwagon
good move, 2 to go now :D

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:00 pm 

Car Model: N-G 9-5
Trying to make the 'MAGIC 5'.
So many SAAB sites / locations to read / join - but being retired means I have nothing better to do!
You may find me on The SAAB 9-5 NG Connection, Scottish SAAB Enthusiasts, Int. SAAB 9-5 NG Owners Club (especially when on holiday!)
Trying to attend as many national (Scottish) events as possible.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next