UKSaabs

THE site for UK Saab people!
It is currently Wed May 24, 2017 2:12 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 9:28 pm 
Active user

Car Model: 1991 900i Auto/2004 9-5 Aero
Kent61 wrote:
Ooooo! Don't leave us hanging like that.
More info is needed there :)
Kent

This is the request that I responded to--

My name is John Hollingworth and I am desperate to find a characterful late 1980s/early 1990s Saab 900 to star in a short film I'm producing that will film on location around Sussex April 28th - May 2nd.

Bunny and Clive is directed by Rob Ford and shot by John Redford. It is our third time of working together as a team. Our first short Ham did well on the festival circuit; our second 1946 - starring Andrew Buchan (Broadchurch; Garrow's Law)- did even better and was BAFTA long-listed; we're hoping to go even better with this film.

Bunny and Clive was selected as one of eight short films out of five hundred to be backed by Film London as part of their London Calling scheme which will give us a platform at the London Film Festival.

We have been lucky to attract a great team already: Lorraine Ashbourne (The Selfish Giant; Oranges and Sunshine; Jericho) will be our Bunny and Gerard Kearns (Red Riding; Looking for Eric; Shameless) our Clive. Edel McDonnell (New Blood; The Tunnel; Jekyll & Hyde) will be editing, Technicolor are doing our post, Julian Lloyd Webber's assistant is scoring the film, Panalux doing a deal on our lighting and Anna Cooper CDG (Untitled Christopher Nolan project 2017; Lady In The Van; Belle; Fast Girls) is casting.

We need our Saab to be free from April 27th - May 3nd to be driven on our shoot days by our well-known lead actor. We can pick up and drop back to owners and will pay for the adding of our lead actor as a named driver on existing insurance for our shoot dates. We would also need to add a nominated crew member to this insurance to take individual care of the car during the shoot and make sure it is handled with appropriate care when travelling between locations - we would pay for this additional insurance too. I would also leave a cash deposit along with photocopied passport and utility bills to serve as proofs of address.

The car would be parked securely on a private road every night after filming and we are happy to cover it as appropriate. As the son of an ardent vintage VW Beetle owner I know what it is to love a period car!

A south-east location is an advantage but I will travel to find the right car. We can offer a small day rate in cash for each day used and are happy to provide digital copies of stills form the film featuring the car as well as at least one hero shot of the car itself.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 9:41 pm 
UKS Addict

Location: Hipperholme...it's in the Doomsday Book, but more importantly its in YORKSHIRE!!!
Car Model: SAAB 9-3 Convertible
Sounds very intriguing :)
Good luck with it, I hope the movie and stills work out well for you.
Kent

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 8:22 pm 
UKS Addict

Car Model: NG turbo, og aero, Viggen
How about this one :lol: :lol: :lol:

Attachments:
dirty saab.jpg
dirty saab.jpg [ 48.58 KiB | Viewed 355 times ]

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 8:24 pm 
UKS Addict

Car Model: NG turbo, og aero, Viggen
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: , sorry AGAIN Kent

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 8:25 pm 
UKS Addict

Car Model: 9³ Aero 250bhp Maptun, Eibach
Dirty...:lol:

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 8:28 pm 
UKS Addict

Location: Hipperholme...it's in the Doomsday Book, but more importantly its in YORKSHIRE!!!
SpeedParts! ;)
No need apologising Phil, find as many like that as you can. I love the twin pipes ;)
Kent

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 11:25 am 
UKS Addict

Hmmm so I thought my car was reasonably clean...WRONG!!!
Wiped my tonneau over today with a 10/90 mix of VIRO-SOL/water and this is what I was greeted with when I turned my cloth over...
I should really have taken pictures of the tonneau as it really didn't look dirty at all :shock: Now it just looks new!
Kent

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:20 pm 
UKS Addict

Car Model: 900 SE Stage 3
Not good but comparatively, not bad either considering I haven't washed it since the national at Pembrey.