UKSaabs

THE site for UK Saab people!
It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:15 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

When you put a new thread up in the Workshop please put your car's year and model in the title, along with just a brief indicator of the problem.

Car Year - Car Model: Brief description of issue. EXAMPLE- 1999 9-3. Problems starting when hot

Please also add as much information as you can about the problem, to your post.

This will help us to help you, without having to ask basic details such as what car you have.

Threads with non-compliant titles will be moved to The Pit Lane (in which no replies can be posted, but the OP can edit the thread - upon which the thread will be released to the workshop forum)

Nb. Generic thread titles for truly generic issues that genuinely are not model or variant specific (such as "how do I change the spring in an forge wastegate actuator") are acceptable

**The first 5 posts for new users require individual moderator approval (which they will only get it if they are in line the rules of the forum). Please be patient and allow time for that to happen, and avoid duplicate postings.**

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:23 pm 
Full Pressure Turbo

Car Model: 2005 9-5 Aero Auto Saloon
Hi Chaps

My car has had it, to all intents and purposes - so I am looking at options other than an engine swap.

I have seen a nice 2004 Aero Estate in Autotrader and was wondering whether the following parts can be swapped over from my saloon.
[EDIT: Or could I swap these over to a DE Saloon?]

19" Wheels - I guess should be OK?
Albert DP - is it the same?
D088 Intercooler and pipes?

These are the most important parts. Also would I be able to run a Stage 3+ map on an auto? I think yes.

I will have to leave the aftermarket stereo.

Thanks

Kiwi

04 9-3 Aero Saloon St1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:55 pm 
Saab Nut

Car Model: '03 9-5 2.3 Vector Auto Estate
Should all be OK on a 2004, the main change was the PCV kit which didn't crumble away. Not sure how much detail the DE changed but I don't think it was much engine wise.

'03 Saab 9-5 Vector 2.3t Auto Noob Stg 1
'01 Saab 9-3 2.0t SE Convertible
'81 Triumph TR7 DHC

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:09 pm 
Full Pressure Turbo

TWSaab wrote:
Should all be OK on a 2004, the main change was the PCV kit which didn't crumble away. Not sure how much detail the DE changed but I don't think it was much engine wise.

OK, thanks Alan :-)

04 9-3 Aero Saloon St1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:39 am 
UKS Addict

Car Model: 9k, 9-5 Aero & a Jaaag
yes all those parts sholud be transferrable. My current Albert 3" DP and fuel pressure regulator are now on their third car ... you can certainly run a stage 3 map on an auto, AFAIK stage 3+ isn't much more - you'd need to get it re-written with the immobiliser code and VIN of the new car anyway, so if the torque needs reigning in a bit Karl should be able to do that at the same time ...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:40 am 
UKS Addict

If you want an auto DE estate, mine might be up for sale soon as I've decided I prefer a manual after all ...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:04 am 
Barrelling Along

Car Model: 9-5 Aero
RocketScientist wrote:
Hi Chaps

My car has had it, to all intents and purposes - so I am looking at options other than an engine swap.

I have seen a nice 2004 Aero Estate in Autotrader and was wondering whether the following parts can be swapped over from my saloon.
[EDIT: Or could I swap these over to a DE Saloon?]

19" Wheels - I guess should be OK?
Albert DP - is it the same?
D088 Intercooler and pipes?

These are the most important parts. Also would I be able to run a Stage 3+ map on an auto? I think yes.

I will have to leave the aftermarket stereo.

Wheels and downpipe will be just fine.
Isn't your saloon a manual? IIRC the delivery pipes from Do88 are different for the manual and auto cars.
I think Dan (sounds) might have an unused auto(or was it manual?????) pipe sitting in his garage.........maybe he would be prepared to swap - seeing as he like manuals and all :lol: :lol:

Howcomes the stereo can't move over?

9-5 saloon - battered

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:59 am 
UKS Addict

McVities wrote:
... Isn't your saloon a manual? IIRC the delivery pipes from Do88 are different for the manual and auto cars.
this is correct, the final 90 degreee elbow (which connects the delivery pipe to the throttle body) on a manual has a takeoff for the vacuum line to the brake servo. There's a vacuum pump on the auto gearbox variants, so that connection isn't present on the elbow for autos. Apparently the delivery pipe itself is marginally larger for manuals too.
McVities wrote:
I think Dan (sounds) might have an unused auto(or was it manual?????) pipe sitting in his garage.........maybe he would be prepared to swap - seeing as he like manuals and all :lol: :lol:
How comes the stereo can't move over?
as above ... I have the complete intercooler pipework for an auto, in red. Bought for an earlier car whilst chasing a fault that limited performance (turned out to be a dodgy earth). You could probably transfer an aftermarket head unit across, some wiring and/or fascia adaptors will be needed though.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:20 pm 
Full Pressure Turbo

Thanks for all the input guys. I think I am going to have to send it to James Vey, get whatever I can and look for another one.

On that note there is a 2005 Auto Aero for sale in Maidstone :-)

Maybe Rich can have a look at it for me, saves me the hassle and he knows a lot more than I do about SAAB's.

Thanks
Kiwi

04 9-3 Aero Saloon St1