UKSaabs

THE site for UK Saab people!
It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:45 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Advert titles must follow the format: Year - Model - Location - Price. eg. "1990 C900 SE, Glasgow, £800" For Wanted Ads: ''Wanted - 99 Turbo - Glasgow''

In an effort to reduce the size of the big orange box, full listing of rules for this section have been stickied HERE. If we notice a marked drop off in compliance with the rules the orange box will be restored.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:34 pm 
Active user

Car Model: '75 96 V4,1984 900 Gli&GLE
A very reluctant sale of my 96 V4 , I have run the car for the last 7 or 8 years and it’s been and still is brilliantly reliable, I just need the space and funds for a bigger classic Saab. Its over 40 years old so as you would expect has picked up a few shopping trolley dings etc. It still polishes up very nicely though.

It has the following, SS brake lines, adjustable front and back shocks, Front antiroll bar, Electric fuel pump (with inertia safety cut-out), Electric Fan, Higher output alternator, Neatly re-wired fuse box with blade fuses, new chrome insert around front and rear screens, Very tidy engine bay that people love to admire, Newish Jetex, New Battery, 4 good tyres, 4 securon seat belts (need a little adjustment), Rebuilt radiator, Clutch release arm re-built, Sand cast Saab V4 Rocker Covers (look great)

I also have a spare parts package including the following and more:
Spare rear lens and misc lenses, 2 new spare front headlights, Spare new front wing & Spare sill outer panels, Full spare set of glass (all windows), Spare gearbox with new seal kit (believed low mileage), Spare gearboxes (parts only), Box of electric bits and pieces, gaskets, New Brake pads, shoes, seals, caliper pistons, rear solid pipes, Spare locks and handles with keys, Spare elephant ears (good condition), 2 wheels with new snow tyres, Clutch centering tool, bearing insertion tools , Proper Saab workshop manual, New nylon cam timing gear and lots of other timing gears, Spare pistons, cam covers etc, original seat belts, A few litres of unopened colour matched GN10 cellulose paint.

It needs the following work: Refit rear parcel shelf properly, fix small tear in driver seat, 1 knocking front brake caliper (I have a spare that can be re-built), Some areas now need rust repairs (both door bottoms and some more spots, nothing too severe (I can supply more photos), some grease leaking from rack gaiter,

It’s a great package for someone that wants to get into V4’s, it runs really well and sounds great. The car is in Dublin Ireland, I’m not far from Dublin Airport/Port and will come and collect anyone that wants to get a cheap flight or boat fare over to see it. I’m about 80 miles from Rosslare port but could drive down and meet anyone that wanted to view the car. This car can go straight back on UK plates as it was imported from UK, It’s in Ireland a good while so it missed out on a lot of salty roads.
I have nowhere to host photos right now but can email them and may put up on Cars and Classic so they can be seen there.

I'm currently looking in the region of £3,800 including all the spares and based on the latest exchange rate.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:01 pm 
Full Pressure Turbo

Car Model: 8V-V4
This is a very nice car, it drives great and handles really well I can tell from experience. I'm travelling between Dublin and Bath regularly, happy to ferry it over to the UK if that helps a potential buyer.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:29 am 
Active user

Hi Melle
Thanks for those words - I know you like the car!!
Its also now posted on C&C with photos. I have more photos if
anyone is interested.
Cheers
Paul

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:36 pm 
Full Pressure Turbo

Car Model: 8V-V4
I hate it when people say "if only I had the funds/ space/ time/ understanding wife" etc., so I hope this finds a good home! Post on the V4 forum as well?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:07 am 

Car Model: 96 V4
I can't find it on Car and Classic, any hints please?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:23 pm 
Active user

Hi Rhys its carandclassic.co.uk - look under Classic cars, Saab, 1970's and you should see it.
Cheers
Paul

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:40 am 
UKSaabs Trader

Car Model: At least one of each classic.
http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C910104