UKSaabs

THE site for UK Saab people!
It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:20 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Advert titles must follow the format: Year - Model - Location - Price. eg. "1999 9-3 SE, Glasgow, £800"

**All posts in this section require individual moderator approval (which they will only get it if they are in line the rules of the forum). Please be patient and allow time for this to happen, and avoid duplicate postings.**

In an effort to reduce the size of the big orange box, full listing of rules for this section have been stickied HERE. If we notice a marked drop off in compliance with the rules the orange box will be restored.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:00 pm 
Active user

Car Model: 9000 Aero GT30 Power :D
So can't believe I'm doing this but I have realised I just don't use it and the time has come for me to part.

A few of you may know this car, I bought it off Faero about this time last year, when I got it to be honest it needed quite a bit of work and I have basically spent a year of evenings and weekends working on it and many thousands of pounds to get it sorted.

Here is a spec list:

Engine
Rebored to just under 2.4L (Sutton Rebore)
9000mile old rebuild - all new timing, oil pump, seals, shells, bearings
etc.
Wossner pistons
Balanced B234 rods
Balanced crank/flywheel
ARP Studs
Maptun 268 Cams
Baffled deep sump
Custom large plenum intake Mani
Tubular Manifold
Garrett GT3071R turbo with braied lines
Tial 38mm External wastegate
Walbro 255 pump
Forge dump valve
Oversize ITG filter
Uprated alloy radiator (40% thicker)
60mm Allard intercooler
630cc siemens injectors
3 bar map
Running. 444hp (about 480-500fly)and 420ftlbs (about 460fly) at the hubs at 1.6bar but will happily push over 500 if boost and ignition is pushed.
Poly bushed
3" custom made v banded exhaust with twin boxes to keep it quiet and recirc wastegate
Custom made hockey puck engine mounts

Gearbox and transmission
Stock 4.05 box
Jamsaab short shifter

New driveshaft tripods
New SKF CV joints
New intermediate bearing
Lightweight flywheel 5.5kg
Poly bushed
Auber Temperature sensor / gauge
Sachs uprated clutch cover, Cg motorsport solid paddle friction plate, braided hose, uprated modified clutch master cylinder (ensures cleaner disengagement)

Suspension
8k mile Bilstein B6/8
SAS anti roll bars front rear
350lb front coilover conversions ( adjustable height)
550lb rear coilover (adjustable height)
New SKF wheel bearing
Poly bushed

Brakes
AP Racing 330mm calipers
Reyland front discs
Abbot racing rear discs
DS3000 pads all round
Braided lines all round
Abs removed

Wheels
Superleggera 17X7.5J.
2 sets:
Road tyres - Nankang NS2R
Track tyres - Michelin slicks
Front motorsport grade stud and nut conversion

Interior
Stock seat belts
Full aero interior
Alpine ezi-dab with amp, gain controller and front speakers only
330mm flocked nardi steering wheel

Gauges
Auber digital / programmable: Oil pressure, Water Temp, Gearbox Temp.
Afr gauge
Knock led
All in custom made carbon panels

Other
Rear Abbot trianguled/bolted rear strut brace
Maptun lightweight alloy front strut brace

Car lightened throughout - Weight approx 1300kg

You may have seen my build thread (although I haven't updated it in along time), I have just remade the whole exhaust system as the old one was just ruined, modifying the downpipe as it used it touch the oil return, re made the recirc pipe for the wastegate with the proper bellow, I had the whole rear end welded up, seal sealed and 3m stone chipped, I fitted 550lb rear springs as the 600lb springs where too stiff and was unsettling the rear at speed, made custom carbon panels to house all the gauges, horn etc..., had the road wheels straightened and powered coated and fitted with new nankang ns2r's not long ago, and there is tones more that I've probably forgotten.

As some of you know I did a trackday at snetterton a few months ago and the diff pinion let go and sadly took the gearbox out, I have the gearbox still sat at home un opened that can be included in the sale, I haven't opened it yet due to lack of time and the fact that I will have to strip the gears off to get to the diff and I don't want tones of bits laying around that I don't remember where they go, I shouldn't see why the diff isn't salvageable, spec on the gearbox:
Rebuilt box with shot peened and cryogenic treated 4.45 gearset and longer 9-5 5th.
Quaife LSD
Circlip and dowel strengthening mod
2004 crush sleeve
All new bearings

So for the moment I have fitted a stock 4.05 gearbox which tbh I much prefer the ratios so my plan was to stick the LSD in that and leave it be.

Bodywork:
Also I lost a wheel due to the bolts loosening themselves off a while back, that dented the rear passenger door and rear quarter, I got a new arch fitted in at the same time as the rear ended welding but haven't yet got around to properly spraying it all up and also have a spare door to fit that also needs spraying.
I converted the front hubs to wheel studs and nuts at this time as I lost all confidence in the bolts as it wasn't the first time they came lost but sadly one time I couldn't stop (no hard shoulder), and also the passenger front wings has a little bit of rust like normal.

There is probably lots lots more but I'll stop boring you now as it's already getting lengthy, if you want any more info just drop me a message.
This is the best handling 9000 I have ever driven and it surprises most things, I will be keeping my carbon Kevlar bucket seats and stock seats will be re fitted.

NOW SOLD

Attachments:
IMG_0909.JPG
IMG_0909.JPG [ 199.25 KiB | Viewed 670 times ]
IMG_0910.JPG
IMG_0910.JPG [ 311.27 KiB | Viewed 670 times ]
IMG_0911.JPG
IMG_0911.JPG [ 359.41 KiB | Viewed 670 times ]

Last edited by wheelynutz on Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:06 am 
Active user

Car Model: 9000 Aero GT30 Power :D
Pic of the engine bay

Attachments:
IMG_0906.JPG
IMG_0906.JPG [ 259.44 KiB | Viewed 643 times ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]