UKSaabs

THE site for UK Saab people!
It is currently Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:02 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Advert titles must follow the format: Year - Model - Location - Price. eg. "1999 9-3 SE, Glasgow, £800"

**All posts in this section require individual moderator approval (which they will only get it if they are in line the rules of the forum). Please be patient and allow time for this to happen, and avoid duplicate postings.**

In an effort to reduce the size of the big orange box, full listing of rules for this section have been stickied HERE. If we notice a marked drop off in compliance with the rules the orange box will be restored.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:22 pm 
Saab Nut

Car Models: 2002 Saab 9-5 Aero Estate
After spending much time, and a fair bit of money on my 9000 CSE Anniversary I have decided that I prefer the 9-5 Aero as a daily driver, and have recently acquired a 9-3 vert so the 9000 has to go realistically. I have now reduced it to £1800 ono which I think is reasonable for a model which has started to go up in value, especially considering the work that has been done to it, it should be good for quite a few years with almost nothing to do.

All of the work, trials and tribulations are listed in my re-commissioning thread here :

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=197851

The car is not perfect, it is 22 years old after all, and has some slightly weird groans and creaks but since I have replaced everything that I can think of I am putting it down to squeaky brakes and some minor adjustments. I won't go on about the condition of the car, it is slightly cosmetically challenged exterior-wise but all rust (there wasn't very much) has been removed, treated and painted as required, I would say this car is a very good base for somebody who wants a decent 9000 to go forward with into the next decade. Worst part of the exterior is the bonnet which I would replace if I were keeping it, it suffered worst from all of the angle grinding of the weld around the windscreen and I did not cover it properly.

Mileage is just over 148000 and is unlikely to go up much more, and it drives pretty well I would say.

To save time I have made a list of the parts which have been replaced during the re-commissioning process below :

New Eibach springs (group buy 2)
New Bilstein B4 shocks
New brakes discs and pads all round
All brake calipers refurbished and painted (red)
New flexi brake pipes fitted all round
Rear suspension bushes all renewed, parts from Saabits
Entire rear axle removed, rust treated and repainted
New ball Joints
New Track rod end (1), other side replacement not fitted yet
Wishbone rear bushes polybushed
Front wishbone bush carriers replaced as required, bushes were OK so original
New HD drop links
4 new tyres fitted for the MOT, Avon ZV7 XL, less than 3000 miles travelled since fitting
All water hoses replaced with performance hoses
Thermostat replaced
Windscreen replaced (professional replacement with new item), surround repaired to a reasonable standard
Front bumper and spoiler completely refurbished, all jack nuts replaced, spoiler has been repaired (broke in two) but is not visible unless you look closely
Walnut Dash replaced with good used item
Fuel tank completely removed, cleaned inside and out and refitted with new tank straps and Jubilee clips
a/c refurbished and repaired, new condenser, new dryer, fan unit removed, cleaned and repaired as necessary (volute panel re-foamed), evaporator replaced with good S/H spare unit, compressor replaced with good S/H item, clutch hub replaced with new item.
Remote Central locking unit replaced with good used item
SRS Control Unit replaced with good used item
Alternator replaced with good used item, voltage regulator replaced as a matter of course
Heater matrix replaced with good used item
Cruise Control fitted (not fitted originally)
Headlights refurbished, adjusters replaced, reflectors are not perfect but will pass another few MOT's I think.
Aftermarket radio/CDS player fitted (Alpine CDA 9885R), original radio is available and works
Separate CD player fitted but not working, in good cosmetic condition and does switch on but not working or for parts
6 CD changer not working so removed but available
Interior is in good overall condition, standard anniversary leather interior in two-tone beige colour

Included spare parts – a/c compressor (new clutch hub fitted), evaporator, T7 APC valve and connector, original radio/cassette, cd changer (not working), separate CD player (not working), spare amplifier, front hubs, front calipers, clutch plate (new), track rod end (new), wishbone front bush carriers (2), set of Aero front seats (electric memory for drivers side, electric only for passenger), no leathers as I was intending to remove all of the electrics and fit them to my own seats, the padding is there though and is useable.

I think that's it really, I spent £600 recovering the car from France last year where it had been sitting for nearly 10 years, and then replaced all of the parts above, so I will leave it to the imagination to work out what I have spent on the car myself, never mind the hours put into it.

I have just reduced the car by £200 in order to get it away quicker as I want to transfer the insurance back to my 9-5 estate, please pm me if interested - thanks

Mike

'01' 9-5 2.0L LPT
'97' Merc SL500 (oops)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:29 pm 

Car Models: Saab 93
Hi Mike,

It's years (maybe 7-8) since I was on this forum, I was Kentowl. Lost all my login/password details and it wasn't having it when I tried to reset.

I've been lucky to own (and sell it on here) a 9000 Anni previously, as well a 9000 Turbo (oh yes, 93, 95 too!)

Please could you send me a PM regarding your 9000?

Thank you,
Adrian.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:49 pm 

Car Models: Saab 93
Hi Mike,

I tried to post a message previously but it doesn't seem to have appeared. I am based in New Mills (High Peak), around an hour away from you and wondered if I could pop over to take a look at your 9000?

Thanks,
Adrian.