UKSaabs

THE site for UK Saab people!
It is currently Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:50 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Advert titles must follow the format: Year - Model - Location - Price. eg. "1999 9-3 SE, Glasgow, £800"

**All posts in this section require individual moderator approval (which they will only get it if they are in line the rules of the forum). Please be patient and allow time for this to happen, and avoid duplicate postings.**

In an effort to reduce the size of the big orange box, full listing of rules for this section have been stickied HERE. If we notice a marked drop off in compliance with the rules the orange box will be restored.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:45 pm 
Active user

Car Model: 2002 Saab 9-5 Aero
Hi again, the car is still available - fell victim to the 'auto' pruning feature on the site

Its a 1996 'P' car in metallic silver, with black leather
The milometer has just past 220,000 miles and it still runs great, does not burn oil or water - i have recently sorted usual oil leak from distributor blank. Interior is in great condition, with minimal wear on the seats.

The MOT runs until August 2019, passed the last test with ease.

Work i have done in my year and a bit of ownership:
- Heater matrix, received new coolant at the same time
- Front track rod ends
- Rear handbrake cables
- Auxiliary belt, with tensioner and idler pulleys (this now bypasses the air con compressor as it did not work)
- Oil and Filter 8 months ago
- Spark plugs
- A pair of front tyres (Toyo Proxes) around 3k miles ago, and a new pair of Rainsports have just been ordered and will be fitted in the coming days/weeks

Car has a few modifications:
- Remapped ECU - (wizard stage 2, circa 265bhp i have been told) Car also comes with the standard ECU
- 3" downpipe
- Has some polybushes (not sure how which exactly, but its not overly harsh, rough)
- I believe a set of bilstien shocks
- Doubled up rear ARB

Car has also received the following, within the last few years:
- Re-chromed headlights
- New springs all round, as the previous maptun springs were too rough for his rural location! (these springs are still with the car, and in excellent condition)
- New mid and rear exhaust sections
- and a load of other niggly odd jobs

Main issue with the car is the paintwork - it has been touched up in bits and ultimately just needs a respray if you wanted it looking great again. That said, it doesnt detract from the car too much and i have just gotten used to it!
Other issues:
- brakes will probably need done within the next year or so, they still stop the car fine, but are well worn, new front pads are included
- drivers heated seat does not work

Car does come with a decent selection of spares that i pulled off another 9k:
- set of front wings, in much better condition, slight bit of rust showing behind the arch trim, but very repairable
- Maptun lowering springs (as mentioned above)
- Spare ecu (as above)
- Front brake pads (as above)
- a new water pump
- a new chain tensioner
- A cars worth of dash switches
- dash insert – walnut I think
- set of 15" wheels
- spare wing mirrors
- set of front window mechanisms
- a set of new rear springs and shocks
- full set of exterior lights
and i am sure i have missed plenty of other bits, but you get the idea. These are all included if the buyer wants them - i am quite sure that they will be worth a little bit

I stay up in Orkney, however do travel to Edinburgh fairly regularly, so a deal may be possible somewhere enroute!
Feel free to ask any questions, here or by email/call/text: ajmscapa@hotmail.co.uk 07756 697 796

Important bit:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:59 pm 
UKS Addict

Is this still available?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:22 pm 
Active user

it sure is.

Cheers

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:07 pm 
Active user

quick post to stop auto pruning!
Car is still available and still being used daily. Will be heading down to Edinburgh next weekend, so would be happy to give any interested people a viewing/test drive. (please let me know in advance)