UKSaabs

THE site for UK Saab people!
It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:22 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:56 pm 
Active user

Car Model: Ex 9-3ss 2.8 Aero Hirsch (08)
Saab 9-3 Aero, 2008 model, 2.8 V6, manual 6-speed, Silver, black leather interior, 123,000 miles.

I’ve owned this car for the past 3 years, since 74,000 miles and it runs perfectly. It has a full service history and has been maintained by Lewis Saab in Chichester during my ownership – she wants for nothing.

Most of you will know the standard spec of a 9-3 Aero but the extras my car has includes factory fitted satnav and Bose sound system. She also has ALU 65 10 spoke alloys with Michelin Pilot Super Sports all round. The wheels are in excellent condition. Moreover, I have two more spare ALU65 wheels with ContiSport Contact 3s fitted (7mm) which I’ll include in the sale. Both front and rear disks have been replaced as well as two new front springs.

Engine wise, I has the Hirsch remap fitted when I purchased the car. This takes the power to 275hp, 400NM torque. 0-60 of 6.3 seconds and top speed of 162mph. Hirsch remaps are quoted a bit on the conservative side and this really is a super smooth, fast car. Mid range acceleration is quicker than a Turbo X as she’s 200kgs lighter… She doesn’t burn any oil and I’ve had the oil changed every 10,000 miles as a precaution.

I had a 9-3 2.0T Aero for 5 years before, also Hirsch remapped and I can assure you, this is much quicker and much smoother. The sound will bring a smile to your face even at cold start-up - the V6 burble is intoxicating.

Body wise she is in great nick, regularly polished by me. The only bodywork downside is that some of the lacquer on the from bumper has started peeling away – you can only notice this from about 12 inches away.

I’ll post some pictures on the weekend but wanted to give an early heads up.

Can't seem to re-size my pictures to post but PM for a set.

Thanks for viewing.

Last edited by HambleAero on Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:16 am, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:32 pm 
Active user

Serviced every 10,000 miles for past three years.

Header tank replaced (common issue).

Gear linkage turret replaced (common issue).

All spark plugs recently replaced - super smooth.

MOT until April 2018.

Last serviced 4,000 miles ago.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:54 am 
Active user

Well, my ad has been active on UKS for 14 days.

In line with the forum rules, here's a link to the Autotrader ad with 18 photos:

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified ... 8248654538

My new car arrives on Friday 8th September (tomorrow at time of posting) and as such she is seriously for sale and I am open to offers from Saabistas!!

Best regards,

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:15 am 
Active user

SOLD SOLD SOLD.

After 610 views on UKS and zero interest, I had 2674 advert views on AutoTrader with 6 calls / emails.

She's gone to another Saabista who seemed super pleased to see the car yesterday.

Thanks UKS for the forum :-)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]