UKSaabs

THE site for UK Saab people!
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:54 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Advert titles must follow the format: Year - Model - Location - Price. eg. "1999 9-3 SE, Glasgow, £800"

**All posts in this section require individual moderator approval (which they will only get it if they are in line the rules of the forum). Please be patient and allow time for this to happen, and avoid duplicate postings.**

In an effort to reduce the size of the big orange box, full listing of rules for this section have been stickied HERE. If we notice a marked drop off in compliance with the rules the orange box will be restored.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:34 pm 
UKS Addict

Car Model: 9-5 Aero HOT - :-)
Hi

Due to a potential SAAB upgrade my loyal 9-5 Aero Estate is for sale, but no rush to sell it.

Cosmic Blue estate, registered 11/02 and is the desired 2003 model.

Coming upto 148k- - its coming up to 146. Has full dealer history upto 127k when I got it. MOT OCT 24 2019. I have been OTT with servicing since then.

Stg 1 Noobtune open sid

Cat back Jetex stainless steel exhaust.

New Monroe Reflex shocks on rear, replacement used struts from lower mileage aero (Jamsaab)last year ( I sanded, cleaned treated and painted them)

Double Y's with space saver and also spare Y

Ali dash

I upgraded to AS3 from AS2. Original HU comes with it (the Nokia handsfree will work then) but does have new Kenwood double din fitted with handsfree and powered bee sting dab/fm aerial so great reception.

Newish DIC with a spare, new plugs, air filter.

No engine lights.

Gearbox oil flushed twice this year and change is smooth.

Rose joints replaced last year.

2 keys

Reluctor rings replaced approx 18-24 months ago.

First thing in my ownership was sump drop and PCV6. Pics available of the sump on here somewhere, need to find them on old computer. The strainer was clear maybe something to do with diet of Mobile 1 and engine flushes as documented in the history.

Since then I have used SAAB Dexos 2 twice a year and never more than 4k before a change . Just done as it happens.

New pagid discs and pads 21k ago and still in good nick.

Front tyres are Cross Climates with 4-5mm, rears new Falkens with 3k on them.

Interior in good condition with heated front/rear seats a and front memory seats

The rear has the proper locking lugs in the luggage rail and the strips to cover the rails.

Bad bits.

It has a small dent on os rear door, the bonnet is a bit pitted. I changed the bonnet when the release cable snapped. New release cable and my own invented emergency release cables now fitted. i have a new handle to fit but currently use a pair of pliers to pop the bonnet.

One HID is not self levelling, still getting to grips with that so assume its stuck.

The cills underneath the plastic skirt I notice last year were holed - pics on the Forum. Since then I ground away the nasty bits, treated and sprayed to stop the rot. I have been quoted £140 per side by a pukka insurance approved car body repairer. You can't see it btw and on taking out rear arches I went crazy with disc wheels to remove any rust, then treated and coated with zinc primer, anti rust hi build primer then anti rust stone chip before putting back the liners, nothing gonna get through that lot.

I have a litre of matched paint ready for the repair.

It's got stone chips but is standing up well considering its age and comes up nicely.

I have taken the alarm module out as it needs new capacitors and batteries. Need to get my hands on a dremel.

Starts, stops, turns in like it should, smooth goes very well, still makes me smile and on runs easily does 36+mpg

Not many cosmic blue aero, manual estates left. Helga needs someone to love her and drive her.

I will post some pics shortly or PM with your email for hi res. last one is old exhaust - can take one with Jetex?

Attachment:
helg1.jpeg
helg1.jpeg [ 131.41 KiB | Viewed 447 times ]

Attachment:
helg2.jpeg
helg2.jpeg [ 100.75 KiB | Viewed 447 times ]

Attachment:
helg3.jpeg
helg3.jpeg [ 98.48 KiB | Viewed 447 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:20 am 
UKS Addict

sump drop thread

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=138464&hilit=+sump

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:00 pm 
UKS Addict

Attachment:
helga service.jpeg
helga service.jpeg [ 109.89 KiB | Viewed 259 times ]

Attachment:
helgahistory.jpeg
helgahistory.jpeg [ 156.94 KiB | Viewed 259 times ]

Consistent history folder, I need to add some receipts too. Both keys, original manual/folder. I will get a pic of the Jetex later.